Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden AgeGrading Help Needed

Tales From The Crypt 33 Grading Question3729

Collector vabchgent private msg quote post Address this user
I just picked this book up, It is a lower grade book. There is a crease down the cover but not sure if it is subscription or printing defect(crease does not break color on the inside cover and looks like it was pressed with the crease). What do we think the grade is on it, The book is in transit and I can get better pictures when it gets here. Thanks in advance

Cover

Inside front cover

Back Cover

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
3.5/4.0 and I don't think that's a subscription crease because of the angle. I would also be surprised if that book was pressed because of the paper not laying flatter and the first page showing a bent corner. And that tear and fold on the back would not be pressed like that. That is still a nice solid EC congratulations.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not pro enough to help with grade here, but this is one of my dream books, and I'd be thrilled with that copy!
Post 3 IP   flag post
@KCBatmanFan I have had my eye on one for a while and Like you said I would take it in any grade. Just trying to get an idea of what grade we think it is. Thanks
Post 4 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKyle
3.5/4.0 and I don't think that's a subscription crease because of the angle. I would also be surprised if that book was pressed because of the paper not laying flatter and the first page showing a bent corner. And that tear and fold on the back would not be pressed like that. That is still a nice solid EC congratulations.

I agree with JWK, that is not a sub crease nor is it a back-pocket crease,... which in some cases is considered to be the same. I also agree with the 3.5-4.0 grade. The book also has not been pressed.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector James private msg quote post Address this user
That book came from my auction, I can guarantee it was not pressed. Thanks for the purchase!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Sold 4.0, all day.Nice page quality, too.Likely will grab OW pages.

Not a sub crease, and not pressed.A press likely wouoldn't give any more than a .5 bump, if anything at all.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Anyone have any ideas what the crease is running down the middle of the book. I looked at it and have no idea except for printing defect. Its like the ink starts on one end -ends then starts again.
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabchgent
Anyone have any ideas what the crease is running down the middle of the book. I looked at it and have no idea except for printing defect. Its like the ink starts on one end -ends then starts again.

It looks like it may be one of those printing errors where there is a crease folded into the paper before the ink is applied, leaving a line without ink when the paper is pulled flat again.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@DarthLego Darth that's what it looks like up close, Just making sure that what I am looking at is what I am looking at. Thanks
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Mr_adam_R private msg quote post Address this user
I like to stay optimistic, 4.0. Good luck!
Post 11 IP   flag post
@vabchgent it's weird that the line is not also on the inside cover. If that is what caused it, the inside black ink must have ran first before the paper got creased before the front got printed.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@DarthLego Its on the inside cover as well just overlapped on the inside cover(like the letters are printed across it. Like when it went thru the printers press the paper was creased at that point.Thanks
Post 13 IP   flag post
Well that seals it, sounds like it was a printing error crease.
Post 14 IP   flag post
601213 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?