Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

Selling basically all my comics3726

Collector Draco private msg quote post Address this user
It's probably going to take me a couple months to list them all but I will be selling all myg higher value stuff and probably leaving the hobby for a while.

As mentioned before I was charged with Felony Assault in April. My legal defence and bond cleaned my clock and put me over my head in credit card debt. Good news is I had my trial this week, was just found Not Guilty. I the state knew I was innocent but still tried hard to convict me. The prosecuter even lied to the jury about a lot of stuff. He was proven wrong by my video. The jury even ruled the state is responsible for all my legal fees and lost work. So I was thinking I could keep my comics.
Nope. I won't get that money back for over a year. I also am starting a civil case against the County and the Dbag that attacked me so I need cash for that. Justice to me is now more important then comic books. Here is a list of the CBCS comics I just got back from my ECCC submission. Let me know if anything interests you.

Most the NYX 3s were signed by Stan Lee, so was the F4 52 and the H181 9.4 white pages.

17-1169B51-001 NYX #3 [2004] Verified 9.4
17-1169B51-002 NYX #3 [2004] Verified 9.2
17-1169B51-003 NYX #3 [2004] Verified 9.8
00-0014158-AA-002 Incredible Hulk #181 [1974] Certified 7.5
17-1169B51-005 Shazam! #1 [1973] Certified 9.4
17-1169B51-006 Shazam! #1 [1973] Certified 9.4
17-1169B51-007 Walking Dead #1 [2003] Certified 9.8
17-1169B51-008 Walking Dead #1 [2003] Certified 9.6
17-1169B51-009 Walking Dead #2 [2003] Verified 8.0
17-116B6B1-001 Fantastic Four #52 [1966] Authentic 5.0
17-116B6B1-002 Incredible Hulk #181 [1974] Authentic 9.4
17-116B6B1-003 NYX #3 [2004] Authentic 9.2
17-116B6B1-004 NYX #3 [2004] Authentic 9.2
17-116B6B1-005 NYX #3 [2004] Authentic 9.6
17-116B6B1-006 NYX #3 [2004] Authentic 9.8
17-116B6B1-007 NYX #3 [2004] Authentic 9.4*
17-116B6B1-008 NYX #3 [2004] Authentic 9.8
17-116B6B1-009 NYX #3 [2004] Authentic 9.6
17-116B6B1-010 NYX #3 [2004] Authentic 9.4

My ebay profile is
https://m.ebay.com/seller?sid=dracoshorde

I'm starting to list stuff tonight. Have more then I posted here.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Arikhan private msg quote post Address this user
That sucks man. Sorry to hear.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@Draco sorry to hear. Not sure how it works in the US but if you have a court statement showing you are innocent and the state has been find liable for all costs etc (and assuming their appeal period has ended) would it be worth to have a discussion with your bank to see what can be worked out?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
I tried the link you provided and it sent me to MY ebay site.
What did I do wrong?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Damn, that's a tough break Hopefully you don't have to sell too many of your books to get the money you need. Those books you got back from ECCC are amazing and you likely won't have a hard time selling them, best of luck. If I had the funds, I'd be all over your Hulk 181s!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos
Damn, that's a tough break Hopefully you don't have to sell too many of your books to get the money you need. Those books you got back from ECCC are amazing and you likely won't have a hard time selling them, best of luck. If I had the funds, I'd be all over your Hulk 181s!

Yeah - not a problem selling - so much harder to get them back later.
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
Gotta love the court system. When it's you getting screwed they can't take your money and penalize you quick enough. When it's against them they make you wait months/years to get your money back
Post 7 IP   flag post
Damn I wish I had the cash for some of those. Especially the 181 or either of TWD books
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Glad to hear you won and will be reimbursed....eventually. you may want to consider at least keeping on copy of nyx #3 since you have 11 (by my count), or maybe prioritize and sell off all but one of your keys that you have multiples of until it b comes necessary to do so. I wouldn't recommend posting all of them at once, you will be competing against yourself and not getting the best price.

Good luck and hopefully you'll bounce back sooner than you think.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Oh I have way more then 11 copys of nyx 23 . I went stupid for awhile. Knew she would be new wolverine. In Washington state they have to put a line in the state budget just for me I was told...

Apparently it's very rare they rule for reimbursement but I had video. The state arrested the victim. I used a gun in self defense so I was the bad guy? I have a CCW license. I'm going to sue for a lot of money so hopefully I can buy a lot better comics later
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Krazywan private msg quote post Address this user
Followed you as a seller I will keep an eye on your items. And tough break bro I hope all works out soon
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco
Oh I have way more then 11 copys of nyx 23 .

Apparently it's very rare they rule for reimbursement but I had video. The state arrested the victim. I used a gun in self defense so I was the bad guy? I have a CCW license. I'm going to sue for a lot of money so hopefully I can buy a lot better comics later

Glad to hear the win. Do not take for granted about sueing. Many places prevent it due to eminent domain. You might need to prove their intent in order to sue. See a lawyer.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry to hear this man...

I'll follow you on eBay and check out your current and future books.

Good luck with everything.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Oh the justice system in this Country is appalling. I am seriously considering runniing for public office after this. Things must change.
Post 14 IP   flag post
clickable text

This is nice, was going to keep it but all my graded cops are going
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector soonerjudd private msg quote post Address this user
Glad to hear the case worked out for you, sucks that it's gonna take so long to get reimbursed.
Post 16 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I can't figure out what is up with eBay here, I can't view your items, it just loads up all of the eBay categories.
Post 17 IP   flag post
eBay is doing this on all sellers, major website glitching going on.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Here is the 9.4 Hulk 181 White pages. This hurts my soul to sell.

.01 start no reserve

http://m.ebay.com/itm/The-Incredible-Hulk-181-9-4-NM-CBCS-CGC-signed-by-Stan-Lee-first-Wolverine-/253058991742?nav=SELLING_ACTIVE
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Bloodlikefire private msg quote post Address this user
Already @ $1,550. That escalated quickly.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Added to my watch list when he first posted it, been quite exciting how quickly it's gone up!
Post 21 IP   flag post
It's a nice book. I was almost sure it was a 9.6 but I was proven wrong again lol.

Love the white pages though.
Post 22 IP   flag post
I hate how Stan Lee signs inside the book title so often. Takes away from
The appeal but with this book I wouldn't care.
Post 23 IP   flag post
@Wolverine yeah, that's not as bad as him signing a book that is window bagged and signing in the window marked for a different creator instead of his window.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Ppl should be greatful that he is still willing to sign. Who knows - he may have signed his last book
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
That's morbid
Post 26 IP   flag post
That is reality
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
sorry to hear about your troubles. Glad justice prevailed and you've been vindicated. I'm interested in your NYX 9.4 (unsigned preferred) and would be curious in your asking price on the H181 lower and high grade.

Joe
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Cop
sorry to hear about your troubles. Glad justice prevailed and you've been vindicated. I'm interested in your NYX 9.4 (unsigned preferred) and would be curious in your asking price on the H181 lower and high grade.

Joe

Think all the 9.4s nyx were signed. The 9.4 H181 is on ebay now, started at $1 no reserve. That is the only grades copy I have right now. I have some upgraded I am trying to send in. Just traveling a lot. Going to list more this weekend. Have to leave town again Monday for 5 days.
Post 29 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry to hear about your legal problems.

Looks like I am not going to be making any other plans for Saturday evening.
Post 30 IP   flag post
597961 48 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?