CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

CBCS Turnaround 7/17/20173652

CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
#CBCScomics #turnaroundupdate

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user
Oh my gosh they have Pressing Status😲😲😆. This is awesome several books sent at Denver Comic Con needing some if them Pancaked. Keep up the great work CBCS.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
Hmmmm.... I have books that were received on April 26th still haven't moved from received
Post 3 IP   flag post
@bennyb86
You filled out the invoice on April 26th.
The order was not received by CBCS until 5/15.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Any timeframe on pressing getting added to the shopping cart?
Post 5 IP   flag post
@DarthLego The word I got today is that they hope to roll that out by the end of July.
In the world of web developing, that means sometime in August.
Post 6 IP   flag post
#Soon!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Truth
Post 8 IP   flag post

Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts My order from April 17 says "processing" on my dashboard. Does this mean they are now in grading? Have they been pressed and moved to grading?
Thanks in advance.
Post 10 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar
@SteveRicketts My order from April 17 says "processing" on my dashboard. Does this mean they are now in grading? Have they been pressed and moved to grading?
Thanks in advance.

So, in essence, what you're asking is what stage is processing, correct?
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Lonestar Processing is not a status. The invoice will show Processing from beginning to end. To see the actual status of books you must click onto the invoice number and open it up.
Post 12 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user

Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Thanks in advance.

Correct. I asked for a status last week and Steve answered that my order would be pressed either last week or this week. The update at the top of this thread states that books received 4/26/17 are being pressed. Since mine were received on 4/17/17, I think it is fair to assume that mine have been pressed. However, I have not received any e-mail confirmation that they have been pressed or that they have been moved into grading. Just asking for an update and confirmation where the order stands.

Also, I may have overlooked it, but after an order is pressed, does it go into grading or does it go in as "received" on the date the pressing is finished?
Post 14 IP   flag post
@Lonestar once they leave pressing they go back into the vault to enter the wait queue for grading. They have not added a "pressing" or "pressed" status to the dashboard, so you won't see any status changes until they actually are physically grading the books, at that time the status will change to "grading."
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
@Lonestar once they leave pressing they go back into the vault to enter the wait queue for grading. They have not added a "pressing" or "pressed" status to the dashboard, so you won't see any status changes until they actually are physically grading the books, at that time the status will change to "grading."

@DarthLego Thanks. When you say, "enter the wait queue for grading", is the order viewed as being received the day the pressing is done? Or do they get graded at the next possible opportunity?

I did some quick looking at the various threads, but didn't see a clear answer on this. May have missed it.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
@bennyb86

This is an important point a lot of people miss when calculating when their books should be done...

But..... that "other" grading company lists the date the books are received by them, not the date the submission paperwork was created online. The world + dog probably thinks that the other guy's way of doing it makes more sense and is a lot more helpful.

Might even save a lot of calls to customer service or responding on chat boards. Just sayin...
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Thanks in advance.

Correct. I asked for a status last week and Steve answered that my order would be pressed either last week or this week. The update at the top of this thread states that books received 4/26/17 are being pressed. Since mine were received on 4/17/17, I think it is fair to assume that mine have been pressed. However, I have not received any e-mail confirmation that they have been pressed or that they have been moved into grading. Just asking for an update and confirmation where the order stands.

Also, I may have overlooked it, but after an order is pressed, does it go into grading or does it go in as "received" on the date the pressing is finished?

Your books are pressed and waiting to be graded.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
Quote:
@bennyb86

This is an important point a lot of people miss when calculating when their books should be done...

But..... that "other" grading company lists the date the books are received by them, not the date the submission paperwork was created online. The world + dog probably thinks that the other guy's way of doing it makes more sense and is a lot more helpful.

Might even save a lot of calls to customer service or responding on chat boards. Just sayin...

Our system is now changing the date for when we receive the books, but it requires a simple action by the person receiving the order. I don't know if the system was not yet updated in April, or if the action was not performed when the order was received in this particular case.
Post 19 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts Thanks.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector b00ch private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts Can you tell me what the received date was for 2 orders?
17-1AF6870
17-1AC1379

I think it took me a while between when I set up my order and when I shipped.

Thanks
Post 21 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
Quote:
@bennyb86

Might even save a lot of calls to customer service or responding on chat boards. Just sayin...[/quote

Our system is now changing the date for when we receive the books, but it requires a simple action by the person receiving the order. I don't know if the system was not yet updated in April, or if the action was not performed when the order was received in this particular case.

I don't know when this change (updating date upon receipt). None of my submissions in May or June were updated to reflect the date that CBCS received the books. All show my invoice creation date. We'll see what happens with some books that are in the mail to CBCS right now.
Post 22 IP   flag post
I just checked and they said this only went into production within the last few weeks.

Which is why I should stop answering questions.
JAKE!
Post 23 IP   flag post
Where is Jake?
Post 24 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
He's been here the whole time!

Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@bennyb86

Oops, my bad, I double checked my dates too. Sorry about that.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
Just to be sure, rapid and quickstream are running 1-3 days behind?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I have 2 moderns I'm having pressed with Fast Passes (17-1E0A5A1).

They were received 6/2. What would be a realistic ETA?
Post 28 IP   flag post
@00slim fast pass on pressing, or grading, or both?
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Both. They show "received" at the moment.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600790 35 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?