Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics MagazinesComics Silver Age

Cover Contest Week 46 - Double Vision3607

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Did somebody say twins?

Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
hmmm...Id like to "punish - her" and her sister
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher
hmmm...Id like to "punish - her" and her sister

Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user

Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user

Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Can the character be on the cover 6 times?

Post 31 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Can the character be on the cover 6 times?

Absolutely!
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
Can mirror image be the same?
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
I guess this is the best i can do for my twin heroes. Have fun boys.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user

Harley Quinn Futures End #1
Lenticular Cover
Post 35 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user

Post 36 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
We're up to about 20 entries so far, but they tend to slow down on the weekends. Keep them coming!

Here's my cover for this week.

Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Enjoying the heck out of this. A very clever unique concept for the contest...
Post 38 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user

Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector vacaboca private msg quote post Address this user
Tomahawk #63 - this comic is special to me because it's the first "old" comic I ever got. My grandfather gave it to me when I was about 8, and it had been his. I read the crap out of it, re-stapled it myself, etc. When I actually started collecting, I dug it out, and realized I wanted to have a better quality copy of it. Here's a scan of my better copy:

For comparison, here's my original well-loved copy:

Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector Dshel61 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacaboca
Tomahawk #63 - this comic is special to me because it's the first "old" comic I ever got. My grandfather gave it to me when I was about 8, and it had been his. I read the crap out of it, re-stapled it myself, etc. When I actually started collecting, I dug it out, and realized I wanted to have a better quality copy of it. Here's a scan of my better copy:

For comparison, here's my original well-loved copy:

NICE!
Post 42 IP   flag post
Love the story behind the book! Tell everyone to keep the covers coming.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector Dshel61 private msg quote post Address this user
This is VACABOCA's memory, not mine.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dshel61

Doesn't matter I've been thinking about submitting the two books just to have the pair slabbed together... It's definitely not worth it, money-wise, but I think it would be fun. I'm guessing the older book would get a 1.0 - it wouldn't get 0.5 if complete otherwise would it?

I haven't really looked over the better copy to decide on a grade... I figure the bottom might be 5.5 or 6.0, but who knows if I let @SteveRicketts give it some attention first?
Post 45 IP   flag post
Collector onlyhulk23 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 46 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Nice coincidence, I got back from vacation and this was in the mailbox, my reader copy of Action, a cover of several supers!

Post 47 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dshel61

Doesn't matter I've been thinking about submitting the two books just to have the pair slabbed together... It's definitely not worth it, money-wise, but I think it would be fun. I'm guessing the older book would get a 1.0 - it wouldn't get 0.5 if complete otherwise would it?

I haven't really looked over the better copy to decide on a grade... I figure the bottom might be 5.5 or 6.0, but who knows if I let @SteveRicketts give it some attention first?

Nice books and great story. The lower grade copy would definitely come back as restored if you changed the staples. Probably a 1.0-1.5 restored if complete.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despain
Nice books and great story. The lower grade copy would definitely come back as restored if you changed the staples. Probably a 1.0-1.5 restored if complete.

I didn't CHANGE the staples, I (as a child) literally stapled the book to help keep it together... if you zoom in on the image, I think the original staples are still there, and then there's a "bonus" staple lower down and about 1/4" off the spine. I think it would be funny for that to be logged as restoration, though I guess that makes sense. I could remove the staple before submission - I'm not sure it's actually doing anything other than maybe helping with a spine split?

I'll have to take it out and take a look.
Post 49 IP   flag post
@vacaboca I see. Added staples. I guess they would be considered as reinforcement kind of like tape added to reinforce the spine? Anyway, it's still a cool book with a great personal story. That's what matters most.
Post 50 IP   flag post
@vacaboca

@Despain is on the right track there; taking a stapler to it is not restoration or conservation. It's treated like tape, just another defect to the grade 👍🏻
Post 51 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer would you remove the staple before submission?
Post 52 IP   flag post
Quote:

With a story like that, nope. Doesnt sound like you would sell the book anyways. I did all kinds of taping as a kid to my GL#1 and sent it as-is without removal. Think I even drew on it with a pencil in a few spots, but didnt want a presser removing that either. Memories, man!
Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:

With a story like that, nope. Doesnt sound like you would sell the book anyways. I did all kinds of taping as a kid to my GL#1 and sent it as-is without removal. Think I even drew on it with a pencil in a few spots, but didnt want a presser removing that either. Memories, man!

Thanks for the advice - I agree. This definitely wouldn't be for selling... Ideally I'd get a double-slab frame and display them together. Maybe I'll submit them later this year... certainly if I do it will all be posted here
Post 54 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I think an added staple left in is more desirable than removing it, right?
Post 55 IP   flag post
600715 75 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?