Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionPop Culture

Disturbances in the Force3603

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, I don't blame Stan, I blame the Jackwagons who ask him to sign stuff he had nothing to do with just because they think they can ask and get more money for it. Stan had his hands legitimately in so many books and characters, there's no legit reason to venture outside of those books when looking for something for him to sign.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Atakmunky7 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm pretty sure their "logic" is that 'everybody gets Stan to sign Spidey or Hulk, or whatever. I'll get him to sign Star Wars and be different'.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atakmunky7
I'm pretty sure their "logic" is that 'everybody gets Stan to sign Spidey or Hulk, or whatever. I'll get him to sign Star Wars and be different'.

That's a good logic for a personal collection. That's terrible logical for a flipper.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan510
Quote:
As long as people can make money on this, it will continue to be done. The only thing anyone can do is not participate, and professionally criticize the practice.

Have an iron stomach, though, because hardly anyone knows how to handle criticism, no matter how legitimate.

Can you please explain the difference between "professional" criticism and "amateur" criticism?

Thanks

You're reading it incorrectly.

Thanks

Thank you.

Can you please explain how I'm reading it incorrectly?
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Quote:

That's a good logic for a personal collection. That's terrible logical for a flipper.

Yeah. That's part of the problem with the hobby. Too many flippers buying books not cuz they like em but cuz they think they can make a few bucks.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
As long as people can make money on this, it will continue to be done. The only thing anyone can do is not participate, and professionally criticize the practice.

Have an iron stomach, though, because hardly anyone knows how to handle criticism, no matter how legitimate.

Can you please explain the difference between "professional" criticism and "amateur" criticism?

Thanks

Thanks

Thank you.

You're reading it with your eyes, not your heart.😁
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks

Thanks

Thank you.

It's just such an odd way to put it. When I think of "professional criticism", I think of someone like a paid movie critic, not some whiny fanboy who has a bee in his bonnet.
Post 32 IP   flag post
I've never worn a bonnet but if I did, and there was a bee in it, I'd probably whine.😉
Post 33 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
The problem is that you didn't channel your inner Roger Ebert, therefore resulting in an amateur observation.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
The problem is that you didn't channel your inner Roger Ebert, therefore resulting in an amateur observation.

Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks

Thanks

Thank you.

No, he's just reading it incorrectly. Perhaps if he tries it again, it will come to him. Hope springs eternal.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks

Thanks

Thank you.

No, he's just reading it incorrectly. Perhaps if he tries it again, it will come to him. Hope springs eternal.

Maybe it just makes sense in your head and nowhere else?

Kind of like people who try to make jokes and think they're funny, but they're the only ones who find them amusing.

Ring any bells?
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks

Thanks

Thank you.

Maybe it just makes sense in your head and nowhere else?

Kind of like people who try to make jokes and think they're funny, but they're the only ones who find them amusing.

Ring any bells?

No, you're just reading it incorrectly.

Can we move on...?
Post 38 IP   flag post

Post 39 IP   flag post
600914 39 14
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.