CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
QuestionsSignatures

Questions About Authorized Witnesses3599

Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user
***********CBCS will not be at the event**************

1) how many have done it

2) how does it work

for example if I went to some kind of Comic Con and i was an Authorized Witness and got my books signed what happens from there would I be filling out some kind of paperwork at the Con or do I bring the books home and fill it out online and then send them in does anybody know

or if i got my books signed in front of a A.W would he fill out some type of paperwork in front of me at the Con then give me a copy of the paperwork then he sends them in

either way what about the payment part

Thanks in advance for any and all help
Post 1 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Pretty sure the grading company has a vetting process to approve the authorized witness to be able to submit books.

In my experience I fill out the paper work in advance (what book and by whom do I want it signed) and pay the fee to the witness who submits on your behalf.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Ny85 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONLINE_209
1) how many have done it

2) how does it work

for example if I went to some kind of Comic Con and i was an Authorized Witness and got my books signed what happens from there would I be filling out some kind of paperwork at the Con or do I bring the books home and fill it out online and then send them in does anybody know

or if i got my books signed in front of a A.W would he fill out some type of paperwork in front of me at the Con then give me a copy of the paperwork then he sends them in

either way what about the payment part

Thanks in advance for any and all help
you basically go to the cbcs table and tell them who you want to sign your books and that person will go with you from artist to artist and they fill out most of the paperwork you either pay cash or card
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Pretty sure the grading company has a vetting process to approve the authorized witness to be able to submit books.

In my experience I fill out the paper work in advance (what book and by whom do I want it signed) and pay the fee to the witness who submits on your behalf.
i understand they dont accept just anybody but what if you were a AW and you were going to witness your own books how do you go about the paperwork do you fill something out there or online
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
You can have CBCS temporarily authorize you as your own witness at cons, you just have to fill out a form.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@ONLINE_209 For Being an AW: You have to be approved per event. During that event, you can take the books home but they must stay in your possession (you can't let a friend borrow it, etc). If you submit the books at the same convention you would not have to fill out any paperwork for the books themselves aside from the submission form but you can also mail them in.

If you intend to get additional signatures at an upcoming show you have to fill out paperwork for each book, keeping track of when and where and who acquired each signature on the book.

For making use of an AW: If you go to a convention that CBCS is attending, you can go to their booth and arrange for an AW, provided as a courtesy, to be present at the signing you wish to attend. Once signed, the books must not leave the possession of the Witness or CBCS, which usually means you have to submit at the show, where again, you must fill out the submission forms.

Making use of a facilitator: Facilitators are AWs that provide a service and so charge a fee, typically per signature per book. You make the payment arrangement with them. You can usually mail books in to them and get signatures at multiple shows. They can usually take care of the submission and any associated paperwork.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloGraham
You can have CBCS temporarily authorize you as your own witness at cons, you just have to fill out a form.

How does that work? - I've been at events with no witnesses from any grading company and would love to have been able to be my own witness and for others from my LCS
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@ONLINE_209 For Being an AW: You have to be approved per event. During that event, you can take the books home but they must stay in your possession (you can't let a friend borrow it, etc). If you submit the books at the same convention you would not have to fill out any paperwork for the books themselves aside from the submission form but you can also mail them in.

If you intend to get additional signatures at an upcoming show you have to fill out paperwork for each book, keeping track of when and where and who acquired each signature on the book.

For making use of an AW: If you go to a convention that CBCS is attending, you can go to their booth and arrange for an AW, provided as a courtesy, to be present at the signing you wish to attend. Once signed, the books must not leave the possession of the Witness or CBCS, which usually means you have to submit at the show, where again, you must fill out the submission forms.

Making use of a facilitator: Facilitators are AWs that provide a service and so charge a fee, typically per signature per book. You make the payment arrangement with them. You can usually mail books in to them and get signatures at multiple shows. They can usually take care of the submission and any associated paperwork.
ok where would i get the submission forms
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

How does that work? - I've been at events with no witnesses from any grading company and would love to have been able to be my own witness.
you have to fill out some paperwork through CBCS and be approved to do your own witnessing
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONLINE_209
Quote:
Quote:

How does that work? - I've been at events with no witnesses from any grading company and would love to have been able to be my own witness.
you have to fill out some paperwork through CBCS and be approved to do your own witnessing

Would be a good thing! - I could even help out a few others from my LCS!!
Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@ONLINE_209 Submission forma would be available at the CBCS booth and the staff will walk you through filling it out. You can also use the online submission form, print out the invoice and bring that, and the books, to the CBCS to make the submission process quicker
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Deadpoolica private msg quote post Address this user
If you're wanting to become a witness you need to contact Mark Roman mroman@cbcscomics.com he will ask you questions & give you all the neccesary paperwork to you'll need to become one if he approves you.
Forgot who asked but, that's what you do
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I assume if you act as your own witness, can you walk back to the CBCS table and submit your books at the event, thereby saving shipping costs?
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:

I assume if you act as your own witness, can you walk back to the CBCS table and submit your books at the event, thereby saving shipping costs?
the thing is CBCS will not be there
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
@ONLINE_209 Submission forma would be available at the CBCS booth and the staff will walk you through filling it out. You can also use the online submission form, print out the invoice and bring that, and the books, to the CBCS to make the submission process quicker
CBCS will not be there
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
Mark Roman would be the man to talk to about AW or becoming a full time or temporary witness.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/315360812169321?multi_permalinks=446524012386333&notif_t=group_highlights&notif_id=1499955326569060&ref=m_notif

Here's the CBCS AW Facebook page, request an add to the group and then send Mark a msg. Or if someone has his email they could post it here as well.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
mroman@cbcscomics.com
Post 17 IP   flag post
598065 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?