Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
MemorabiliaMovies TelevisionMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

#100moviestoseebeforeyoudie by @kaptainmyke!3591

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Where the f#ck is Jaws?

Jaws was #102?

You left off some of the top 25:

Alien
Aliens
Blazing Saddles
Clockwork Orange
Jaws
Primer
Rocky
Silence of the Lambs
Post 151 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Batman v Superman
Post 152 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniofett
Sharknado. One of the best films of the last hundred years.

Post 153 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Do I need to make a top 100 list by each genre? I could fill each list probably but it would take me a few days to carefully compile.
Post 154 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Quote:
Where the f#ck is Jaws?

Jaws was #102?

You left off some of the top 25:

Alien
Aliens
Blazing Saddles
Clockwork Orange
Jaws
Primer
Rocky
Silence of the Lambs

Two more for the list:

Caddyshack
The Longest Yard (orignal)
Post 155 IP   flag post

Collector vabchgent private msg quote post Address this user
Where are our heads at, Superman 1978 version Christopher Reeves.
Post 156 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Do I need to make a top 100 list by each genre? I could fill each list probably but it would take me a few days to carefully compile.

You get extra points for including under-rated gems like:
The People Under the Stairs
They Live
Five Deadly Venoms

Where you lose out is on the over-rated crap and random movies:
9 The Usual Suspects
17 Last Action Hero
33 Robin Hood: Men in Tights
49 Predator 2
68 Superman III
75 Iron Man 3

It is very hard to forgive the omissions with any of those six movies on the list. Waiting for a hail of F-Bombs from people who liked the Usual Suspects.
Post 157 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Nah, it's your list.

I will say, I was surprised 'Aliens' didn't make the cut, since 'The Thing' was right at the top.
Post 158 IP   flag post
@00slim You and me both brother.
Post 159 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
Couldn't see these on the list. I might be wrong but These are also definite must sees.

- No Country for Old Men
- Last of the Mohicans
- Big Fish
- Last Samurai
- Boondocks Saints
- Layer Cake
- Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
Post 160 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Quote:

Nah, it's your list.

I will say, I was surprised 'Aliens' didn't make the cut, since 'The Thing' was right at the top.

Thing was better than Aliens. Aliens was a watered down precursor to Terminator movies. You can see James Cameron's stink all over that film. It was a great film, believe me. I just wished Ridley Scott had actually filmed all of the movies instead of checking out after the first one. It's nice to see him back in the saddle for Covenant.

I am an Alien nut through and through. But John Carpenter was at the top of his game in 1982 before the studio took over him.
Post 161 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine
Couldn't see these on the list. I might be wrong but These are also definite must sees.

- No Country for Old Men
- Last of the Mohicans
- Big Fish
- Last Samurai
- Boondocks Saints
- Layer Cake

Just watched Rocknrolla yesterday.

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking barrels absolutely belongs on the list.

The other ones are all good too, just not sure if we are talking top 100 or not.
Post 162 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nah, it's your list.

Thing was better than Aliens. Aliens was a watered down precursor to Terminator movies. You can see James Cameron's stink all over that film. It was a great film, believe me. I just wished Ridley Scott had actually filmed all of the movies instead of checking out after the first one. It's nice to see him back in the saddle for Covenant.

I am an Alien nut through and through. But John Carpenter was at the top of his game in 1982 before the studio took over him.

The Thing is easily one of the top ten movies ever made but Aliens may be the best action movie ever. Even if you believe the Thing was better you had it at #1. You probably could have found room for Aliens, especially if you were going to include both Robocop AND Robocop 2.

Even if you have issues with Cameron, the legendary Bill Paxton gave one of the best performances I have ever seen in any movie.
Post 163 IP   flag post
Quote:

Where you lose out is on the over-rated crap and random movies:
9 The Usual Suspects
17 Last Action Hero
33 Robin Hood: Men in Tights
49 Predator 2
68 Superman III
75 Iron Man 3

It is very hard to forgive the omissions with any of those six movies on the list. Waiting for a hail of F-Bombs from people who liked the Usual Suspects.

The Usual Suspects - Great writing score, twist ending
Last Action Hero - rockstar cast, great acting, great comedy value
Robin Hood: Men in Tights - Mel Brooks at his finest. Hated Space Balls.
Predator 2 - Great sci-fi horror brought to the big city. You get to see the Predator vulnerable and weak. Great Alien teasers too. Far Superior to the jungle romp of the first one.
Superman III - The best Superman movie ever made. Look closer.
Iron Man 3 - This is a shining example of a great superhero movie. I don't know why but it's my favorite Iron Man movie out of all appearances of him in all MCU movies.
Post 164 IP   flag post
I miss Bill Paxton. Too Soon.

The only man in Hollywood history to EVER get killed by a Terminator, a Predator, and an Alien. In the same decade. Crazy.
Post 165 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
ah...last of the mohicans...forgot about that. One of my all time favorites.
Post 166 IP   flag post
You . . . hated Spaceballs?

Granted, 'Spaceballs' is hit & miss. There are parts where it sags here & there. But, there are moments where it's genius.
Post 167 IP   flag post
Quote:
The Usual Suspects - Great writing score, twist ending.

Great dialouge?

Ever other word was the F-bomb.

Doesn't the writer own a thesaurus?

Good cast and liked the twist ending but this film is riding a lot of hype it just can't back up.
Post 168 IP   flag post
Quote:

Robin Hood: Men in Tights - Mel Brooks at his finest. Hated Space Balls.

Easily the worst Mel Brooks movie ever (unless you count voice work).

Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein were pure greatness.
History of the World Part I, Space Balls, Silent Movie and High Anxiety were comedic genius even if they fall out of the top 100.
Post 169 IP   flag post
we should do tv shows next ...like :
6 million dollar man
knight rider
Battlestar galactica
Star Trek (original)
stargate
space 1999
Post 170 IP   flag post
Predator 2, Superman 3, and Iron Man 3 are weak when compared to the originals.

I do agree that Terminator 2 was better than the original.

Speaking of which, where the hell is either Lethal Weapon 1 or 2?
Post 171 IP   flag post
Ok. I might get heat for this, but, is Lethal Weapon 2 better than the first?

I might need to rewatch them, but that's how I remember it.
Post 172 IP   flag post
Quote:

I may be biased because I watched Lethal Weapon 2 in the theaters before I saw the original but I always liked the sequel better. I really don't care which one but one of them should be on the list.
Post 173 IP   flag post
Also if we are talking Bruce Willis, The Last Boyscout should be on the list. I will never know why he never teamed up with Daman Wayans again after that flick.

Best movie Bruce Willis ever made with the possible exception of Pulp Fiction.
Post 174 IP   flag post
Dude. The first Die Hard is almost flawless imo. It's my favorite Willis movie anyway.
Post 175 IP   flag post
the only sequels that were better than the first were:
rocky
terminator
godfather
Bourne supremacy
empire strikes back
any Star Trek movie after that ridiculous first one
Post 176 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
MQuote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine

- No Country for Old Men
- Last of the Mohicans
- Big Fish
- Last Samurai
- Boondocks Saints
- Layer Cake

Just watched Rocknrolla yesterday.

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking barrels absolutely belongs on the list.

The other ones are all good too, just not sure if we are talking top 100 or not.

Last of the Mohicans and No Country for Old Men totally belong on that list. I also forgot what i consider to be Clint Eastwood best movie

- Unforgiven
Post 177 IP   flag post
Collector FrankCastle129 private msg quote post Address this user
Willy Wonka (the original)
Post 178 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher
we should do tv shows next ...like :
6 million dollar man
knight rider
Battlestar galactica
Star Trek (original)
stargate
space 1999

That'd be fun. We should all compile it together!
some of my favorites:
Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles
Westworld
Game of Thrones
Rick and Morty
Family Guy
Simpsons
Robot Chicken
Knight Rider (orig)
A-Team
Better Call Saul
Fargo
American Horror Story
Post 179 IP   flag post
Quote:

i liked the 2nd one out of all of them
Post 180 IP   flag post
600780 203 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?