Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Events

How does grading work at Comic Cons?351

Collector vster23 private msg quote post Address this user
I haven't ever submitted a book at a comic con. Do you just bring your book in and go to the booth to submit it? Do you submit it on-line first? Is there usually a line for submitting?

thanks,
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
You just bring in your books to the booth and fill out the forms and give them your address, CC and shipping info. It is that simple.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Mr_adam_R private msg quote post Address this user
and then you pay them
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Well, yes, giving your credit card (CC) info implies payment.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector vster23 private msg quote post Address this user
perfect, thanks!
Post 5 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, you can do the paperwork at the booth, though it does make it a lot easier if you do the submission online and bring the invoice with you to the show. We are still happy to answer any questions you have.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector ClintonTwiss private msg quote post Address this user
Steve: Is a running list of future cons that CBCS will attend published anywhere? Promos of cons a month away are on the Facebook page, but is there a further-out forecast? Am particularly curious about OAF in Norman, OK, this October, and any shows in Texas because I'm in Dallas.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
@ClintonTwiss I'd love to see CBCS at the Norman show. Heritage actually sent reps last year. It's a smaller show (compared to Dallas and Houston celebrity focused shows), but this regional con is heavily comics. As a long time member of the orig. Oklahoma Alliance of Fans, I'm very happy to see what Bart Bush is doing with this show.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintonTwiss
Steve: Is a running list of future cons that CBCS will attend published anywhere? Promos of cons a month away are on the Facebook page, but is there a further-out forecast? Am particularly curious about OAF in Norman, OK, this October, and any shows in Texas because I'm in Dallas.

The "News and Events" tab has all the cons listed as CBCS schedules them.

https://www.cbcscomics.com/news
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector AgentDarkBooty private msg quote post Address this user
So I plan on attending Denver comic con how do I go about getting signed gradings? Do I just get it signed and bring it to you afterwards?
Post 10 IP   flag post
No. There needs to be an authorized CBCS witness present when they are signed. I'd suggest stopping by the CBCS booth and talking to them before you have anything signed.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector AgentDarkBooty private msg quote post Address this user
Ok can we like schedule time or something because I am sure you guys will be very busy
Post 12 IP   flag post
I'm not actually an employee of CBCS. I'd suggest calling them between 9 and 4 (maybe 5) EST at 844-870-2227. Or email them at customerservice@cbcscomics.com I don't know if they will schedule a specific time or not, but I'm sure they will work with you.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Charlieinarizona private msg quote post Address this user
Actually, concerning the Denver Con--or any other convention; if you want your book to receive a yellow label stating when and where and by whmo the book is signed by--you need to stop by the CBCS booth before the book is signed. One of their AWs (Authorized Witnesses) will go to the booth with you to see the book actually signed by the creator. Then, you go back to the CBCS booth and submit the book and there is a $5 charge for the Authorized Signature program.

If you have the book signed BEFORE you show up to the CBCS booth to submit the book, that's okay as well, but then there will be a $25 charge to have the signature verified after the fact. Plus the yellow label will be replaced by a red label and all it will say is signed by creator xyz. If they can't verify the signature, then you have the option of having the book returned ungraded, or graded, but it being downgraded for having writing on the cover instead of a verified signature.

Hope this helps.
Post 14 IP   flag post
601196 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?