Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden AgeComics Silver Age

Fedex Gentle Handling3509

Collector keefriffhards private msg quote post Address this user
A well known comic seller sent me a book three days ago.. luckily it was well packed so the slab was intact and unhurt (he double boxed it). Never put "Fragile" on anything.. I knew a UPS guy once who worked in the UPS airport hanger sorting at night and he said his crew would use the small fragile marked boxes for baseballs and the long fragile marked boxes for bats, and the bats ended up bending in two at one point....I know some Fedex handlers are awesome, and our delivery person is a saint... but don't put Fragile on anything...some get insulted.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I guess my comic became a frisbee and must've hit the hanger door...
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
That's just terrifying. I'm glad your comic came out undamaged.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Me too...
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Glad your slab was unharmed. I've got 15+ boxes at home waiting for me and I'm terrified to see what they look like, ebay sellers scare me.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
That dang ol' Ace Ventura man!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
That's water damage. The box got wet.
Post 7 IP   flag post
OMG... even worse... and I wonder what it was wet with? I remember coming back from a trip somewhere and I was at the baggage carousel and bags were coming down the chute... suddenly each bag that came out had what looked like elephant poo all over it... everyone was wondering what it was.. finally a broken pot tied with a rope came down last...and poo colored material slopping out of the broken pot...
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
@keefriffhards - thanks for sharing that. 💩
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by keefriffhards
OMG... even worse... and I wonder what it was wet with? I remember coming back from a trip somewhere and I was at the baggage carousel and bags were coming down the chute... suddenly each bag that came out had what looked like elephant poo all over it... everyone was wondering what it was.. finally a broken pot tied with a rope came down last...and poo colored material slopping out of the broken pot...

When I was in high school, a guy decided he'd urinate in the USPS drop box in front of the Post Office. I always think twice before dropping mail in one.

If it's raining and I'm dropping off a letter at the post office, I always walk it inside. The mail will get wet if the mail carrier picks up the mail in the rain. Sometimes mail gets wet on a loading dock or at the airport while being unloaded from a plane. Anywhere that it changes hands in the process can be a risk of water damage. They aren't going to keep it on the truck for 5 hours and wait for the rain to move through.
Post 10 IP   flag post
As long as it's rain and not pee, poo, leaking material from some box that says toxic material inside... we never think what is in the other packages that might be right next to your beloved book on the truck.. I guess all the bubble wrap protected my book..
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
Yikes. That is bad. Reminds me of out nearly everything that says "do not bend" on it ends up folded in half in my mailbox but thats the USPS for you.
Post 12 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I haven't had these problems with my local postal carriers. Yall must have a bunch of Jerrys working for your USPS branches.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
I had zero issues with USPS in my neighborhood until the weekend mailman bent my Bachelor's diploma in half and stuffed it in my mailbox I try to avoid weekend deliveries now.
Post 14 IP   flag post
"Do Not Bend" always makes my stuff get bend... always.
Post 15 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I always write "Please destroy" on every box. They all arrive safe and sound.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm going to have to try that next time lolQuote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics
I always write "Please destroy" on every box. They all arrive safe and sound.
Post 17 IP   flag post
597921 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?