Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper AgeComics Modern AgeQuestions

COMICS THROUGH GROUPON3499

Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user
curious to see how many would actually be willing to buy this seems kind of cool but at the same time a gamble
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
It will all be dollar bin filler most likely.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga
kind of what i was thinking
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

To be fair, you'd be paying $1 or 50¢ per comic so getting dollar bin comics wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
According to some people, all the best variants end up in the $1 bin.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Quote:

To be fair, you'd be paying $1 or 50¢ per comic so getting dollar bin comics wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
that is true im thinking about buying a set and who knows maybe one out the bunch could be a decent book
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
According to some people, all the best variants end up in the $1 bin.
that seems to happen at one of my LCS
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
OMG look at this awesome deal. Originally $600 now only $39!
Seems legit...

Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
OMG look at this awesome deal. Originally $600 now only $39!
Seems legit...

kind of misleading tho as the add lists more then 4 books had you read the whole add you would of seen it said "Each package includes an assortment of classic Marvel and DC comics, featuring superheroes such as Superman, Spiderman, Batman, X-Men, and other popular Superheroes. In addition you will also receive vintage collectors items and memorabilia from the original Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi films."
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Grab bags are always a gamble, some people love the thrill though
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
I ordered a Groupon lot once. It had a ton of Dark Horse Presents, a few collected stories and a ton of mini series books. They were all bagged, but no boards.

It was worth the $20 to me. Some of it I would never buy if I saw it in the dollar bin.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
For $20 you too can have $10 worth of dreck.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I would never buy something like that because the comics I'm really interested in already have value and the sellers don't want to let them go cheaply.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
For $20 you too can have $10 worrg of dreck.
lol
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Bontchimuz private msg quote post Address this user
Well I just bought some as I love being forced into new comics. Some of the best comics I ever read I would never go to a store and buy but if found randomly in a grab bag or given to me etc all of a sudden BOOM! Well worth the price of entry imho....and a little exciting to boot.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
For $20 you too can have $10 worth of dreck.

It was 50 books. I knew there would be no hidden treasure in it, but there were some interesting finds. I got the TPB of New Frontiers and Kingdom Come in the box.

The Dark Horse Presents were pretty good. I'd say I got $20 worth of enjoyment out of it.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Pass, I'd honestly rather spend $20 on an comic book instagram raffle. Though I'd prefer not to do that either.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I've found that My Comic Shop's variety pack is usually pretty good when I feel the need to buy a grab bag. You get three pounds of comics for anywhere from $11 to $20 plus shipping ($5 or $6). You get to choose from genres, characters or companies. They are reader copies, but usually pretty decent. I've done it three times now and I've never gotten a ripped or detached cover.

mcs valuepacks
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I've found that My Comic Shop's variety pack is usually pretty good when I feel the need to buy a grab bag. You get three pounds of comics for anywhere from $11 to $20 plus shipping ($5 or $6). You get to choose from genres, characters or companies. They are reader copies, but usually pretty decent. I've done it three times now and I've never gotten a ripped or detached cover.

mcs valuepacks

I like that they sell it by the pound, that's so great hahaha. I would be much more comfortable buying a value pack that I get to choose the character or brand, thanks for sharing @Jesse_O
Post 19 IP   flag post
600848 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?