Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Walker
The sellers description said no returns about 10 different times. No joke. I should've taken that as a red flag...
well i hope you do get your refund or a replacement
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
If eBay sides with the buyer, do you have to send the book back to get the refunded? Do they take the money from the sellers account as well? I've never had to go this route. Had good success returning items.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
you send the book back and you get your money (provided ebay rules in your favor)
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
If eBay sides with the buyer, do you have to send the book back to get the refunded? Do they take the money from the sellers account as well? I've never had to go this route. Had good success returning items.

He will have to return it, the money is frozen in the seller's account once the complaint is filed. Then, e-bay asks the seller to refund the money once the return is received.

The problem here is the likelihood of negative feedback. Hopefully it's resolved before escalating to this point.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector J_Walker private msg quote post Address this user
I reached out to him asking for a return even though he clearly mentioned no returns. He writes back asking if I'd be willing to accept the book for $100 and refund me the rest.

I agreed to this, but he's saying I need to cancel the return request I opened through e-Bay because initiating that request put a hold on the funds. So he says he needs me to cancel it in order to refund me the difference...

This is the first time I've opened a return request ticket through e-Bay and when I go to close it, it says "are you sure? After you close a return, you can't return the item or ask us to step in and help if there's a problem."

Guess I need to reach out to e-Bay to explain what's going on and ask them for guidance. Can't risk closing the ticket and never getting my refund.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Walker
I reached out to him asking for a return even though he clearly mentioned no returns. He writes back asking if I'd be willing to accept the book for $100 and refund me the rest.

I agreed to this, but he's saying I need to cancel the return request I opened through e-Bay because initiating that request put a hold on the funds. So he says he needs me to cancel it in order to refund me the difference...

This is the first time I've opened a return request ticket through e-Bay and when I go to close it, it says "are you sure? After you close a return, you can't return the item or ask us to step in and help if there's a problem."

Guess I need to reach out to e-Bay to explain what's going on and ask them for guidance. Can't risk closing the ticket and never getting my refund.
i would think he should be able to refund you the difference out of his own pocket
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Go ahead & close it. If he backs out, you have his e-mail negotiating a partial refund.

E-bay can see that e-mail & will side with you if he backs out. Granted all messages are through e-bay.

For future reference, only escalate a case within e-bay's system if the seller refuses to work it out (return, partial refund, etc).
Post 32 IP   flag post
598013 32 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?