Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

The Rick and Morty Thread Existence is Pain!3423

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Heavy books won't help, you'll need pressing to fix that.
Post 926 IP   flag post
These sellers that use envelopes grind my gears too.
Post 927 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
Iv had pretty good luck with getting things in the mail my usps guy is great never bent anything and if it looks of high value he brings it around back up the steps to place it in the door. Every time I get an envelope I'm nervous but luckily it's normally a Gemini inside. @Thanatos sorry to see the books hope the damage isn't to bad the heavy books wont help I don't believe either.
Post 928 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Heavy books won't help, you'll need pressing to fix that.

My wife doesn't know that. I didn't plan on getting this graded so pressing wasn't on the menu. Maybe i'll get lucky and there won't be any obvious damage.
Post 929 IP   flag post
Collector Atakmunky7 private msg quote post Address this user
#prayforthanatosjetpackram
Post 930 IP   flag post

@Thanatos

Post 931 IP   flag post
Quote:

Yes
Post 932 IP   flag post
@Thanatos

Post 933 IP   flag post
@Atakmunky7 headed home from base, I'll take pictures as soon as I walk in the door!
Post 934 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos
@Atakmunky7 headed home from base, I'll take pictures as soon as I walk in the door!
Wow you just got back from Afghanistan and they already have you back at work, harsh. I know when I got back from Okinawa we got like a week off and they didn't even make us take leave. Then again that was in the 90's so maybe things change.
Post 935 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKyle
Quote:
Wow you just got back from Afghanistan and they already have you back at work, harsh. I know when I got back from Okinawa we got like a week off and they didn't even make us take leave. Then again that was in the 90's so maybe things change.

We actually get 2 weeks time off for the length of my deployment but I'm taking the family to Disneyworld soon and didn't want to burn leave so they let me take 4 days off and save the rest for the vacay.
Post 936 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKyle
Quote:

We actually get 2 weeks time off for the length of my deployment but I'm taking the family to Disneyworld soon and didn't want to burn leave so they let me take 4 days off and save the rest for the vacay.
Cool beans if you need to sale your Green Lantern 7 to help fund the trip to Disneyworld just let me know
Post 937 IP   flag post
Quote:

Got my fingers crossed.
Post 938 IP   flag post
Moment of truth. My mailman sucks but Marc Ellerby (cover artist and seller) packages comics quite terribly. The envelope has a very thin piece of cardboard in it and the book is bagged and boarded, could be worse I suppose . Comic doesn't have any color breaking creases or spine ticks and the corners are sharp! Just the crappy bend in it If this comic had come undamaged, worth every penny of the $20 I paid.

Post 939 IP   flag post
Pressed, this book get a 9.6+.
Post 940 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
Like the little note with it too. That was a nice add on. Disappointed I forgot to order mine lol. At least no color breaks I suspected worse
Post 941 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRig
Like the little note with it too. That was a nice add on. Disappointed I forgot to order mine lol. At least no color breaks I suspected worse

You can still get them from his site:

http://marcellerby.bigcartel.com

He also has the sketch variants that he'll do sketches on. 50 euro for his choice of sketch or 65 euro for a character of your choice!
Post 942 IP   flag post
Put it in a mylite2 with a new board, looks perfect. The back has no defects either, I'm definitely relieved.

Post 943 IP   flag post
Glad to see no serious damage. Lucky for the mailman. Guess he only gets a stern talking to instead of the @$$ whooping he probably deserves.
Post 944 IP   flag post
@Thanatos looks like the old backing board saved the day there!
Post 945 IP   flag post
We need an artist shipping education program!
Post 946 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I'm kinda shocked there weren't any color breaks.

Glad, but surprised.
Post 947 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Thanatos looks like the old backing board saved the day there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
I'm kinda shocked there weren't any color breaks.

Glad, but surprised.

Yeah, I got lucky. I was half expecting a subscription crease or some other ugly color breaking creases after seeing the pictures my wife took. Need to send all the artists @KaptainMyke's comic packing blog link.

@Atakmunky7 Mailman is getting off lucky tomorrow, a stern talking to is
still going to happen but no broken bones
Post 948 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
Lootwear socks next month features RAM socks!

Post 949 IP   flag post
Socks huh? That's different lol
Post 950 IP   flag post
I did it. Officially a "real" CBCS member lol. Picked up the Bronze this morning, will use the 2x 2-Day Modern coupons on RAM #1s and Fast Pass coupons on ASM 300, GL 87 and RAM #1 BAM

Now I need to decide if I want them pressed.
Post 951 IP   flag post
@Thanatos Has the wife said anything about the collection growing after Showcase 22?
Post 952 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Thanatos Has the wife said anything about the collection growing after Showcase 22?

She never really paid attention to my comic collection before so for all she knows I've had these comics forever. I was rebagging all my books in Mylites and slipped the new ones in there easy peasy! I feel like I'm having a comic book affair, it's quite exciting hahaha will today be the day I get caught? Find out on the next episode of "Comic Book Love Affair!"

Now that I'm back I probably won't be buying too many more books besides my small subscription at the LCS. I'll focus more on submitting the books I do have and deciding which to keep in my PC and which to put on the market to help buy more Green Lantern/RAM books.
Post 953 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

She never really paid attention to my comic collection before so for all she knows I've had these comics forever. I was rebagging all my books in Mylites and slipped the new ones in there easy peasy! I feel like I'm having a comic book affair, it's quite exciting hahaha will today be the day I get caught? Find out on the next episode of "Comic Book Love Affair!"

Now that I'm back I probably won't be buying too many more books besides my small subscription at the LCS. I'll focus more on submitting the books I do have and deciding which to keep in my PC and which to put on the market to help buy more Green Lantern/RAM books.

A fantastic plan.

"Comic Book Love Affair", classic. 👍🏼
Post 954 IP   flag post
@Thanatos pro tip: Unless you want to end up waiting 4 weeks to get your 2-days back make sure you do separate invoices.
Post 955 IP   flag post
600777 999 30