Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Modern AgeGrading Help Needed

Armorines #0 Gold - worth pressing?3414

Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user

Front cover - NB color crease top left and maybe onecor two small NB color spine ticks.

Back cover - noticeable NB color creases - bottom right

Overall probably about a 7.0....guessing.

What would others think? Is it worthy of a press to bring it to 9.0+?

Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2 IP   flag post
That is an enriching Yes!

Thanks DL.

For $11.00...I'm thinking....good deal!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Kanaloa private msg quote post Address this user
if its a 9.0 or less I wouldn't. Keep as-is or upgrade. Upgrading will be same cost or even cheaper. Looks like there are two signatures on it though which you didn't mentioned. I'm not sure it they add any value.

http://www.valiantpriceguide.com/issue/cgcsales/arm0g/

9.6s already cased can be had for under $50 so just upgrade to a nicer copy.

Only 9.8 of Armorines gold are worth casing "$100-$150".

A 9.0 or less are worth cover price at best "without sigs" so keep as is or upgrade to a nicer copy for same cost as pressing/grading.

Those signatures may/may not add any value to it. I have no idea about signature values.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks Kan....I see what you are saying, and follow the guide regularly.

Wish they didn't change formatting, and they needed to update since the March date....hehehe.

I collect Valiant and wondered what the community thoughts were.

Best to you!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
This is the sort of book I would rebag into a Mylite2 abd a Full Back, and file into my $10 convention stock boxes.

Or I'd put it up on eBay at $14.99 + $5 shipping. Easier to just make it into a $10 book, and people like pulling out signed gold variants out of my boxes at shows.

I'n guessing you paid just under $20, shipped. Not a bad deal but pressing, grading and signature verification fees would make reselling the book a wash out, at best.

I don't recognize either of the sigs, neither are big names.

If the book had a Jim Shooter sig, than I'd say that a 9.0 verified red label might bring you $75 via Buy It Now. Even than, it would probably take months to sell.

A lot of the gold Valiant books from the over printed early Valiant era had pretty sizable print runs.

Armorines 0 wasn't printed as highly as a book like Turok 1.

Turok 1 gold sells for about $75 in 9.8(shipping not accounted for ), a gold Armorines 0 is probably good for $25 more.

These sorts of books have to be unquestionable 9.8's, to have graded, IMO.

Even than, I'd rather just sell a dead on 9.8 raw Turok 1 gold for $30 or so, out of my priced as marked boxes at a con, than spend $30 to make another $10.

A good rule of thumb IMHO is that is a book isn't worth $100 in a 9.8 slab, it really isn't worth slabbing.
Post 6 IP   flag post
597889 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?