Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

Holy crap! I have points!3370

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
...When did this happen? Are we living in the mythical #soon?

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite - You must have pull. I just checked mine and it shows no points, even though I have had 87 books graded since I joined.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user



i wonder if this is retroactive b/c i should have a bunch but I've got zilch... only time will tell!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Me neither
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo @infinityG @poka I don't think they've counted the retroactive points yet. I had a single modern ship out today so that would account for my 32 points ($16x2 points) but not the dozens of other books I've submitted with my membership so far this year
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite

indeed, i'm guessing the same thing. They just received 11 books from me but it doesn't reflect that.


Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Mine says 96 points. So they must have flipped that switch a few weeks ago. Pretty sure that doesn't include any retro points.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityG



i wonder if this is retroactive b/c i should have a bunch but I've got zilch... only time will tell!


This is kind of scary and funny at the same time...
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
The points probably kick in after the books ship and the order is marked complete.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite I think you just won the #cbcsbox $100 gift cert, too. Lucky day for you! 😁
Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@KingNampa
Post 11 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I'm actually a little surprised that the account points weren't mentioned in the newsletter. I thought they'd timed it specifically for the newsletter
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite They always announce stuff after they released it, like the Raw Grade. lol
Post 13 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
I'm actually a little surprised that the account points weren't mentioned in the newsletter. I thought they'd timed it specifically for the newsletter


They're not fully functioning yet, so there is no mention.
It's close.
Post 14 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
@dielinfinite They always announce stuff after they released it, like the Raw Grade. lol


Because when we announce things ahead of time and it ends up being a much larger project than we anticipated, priorities pop up, etc, we have people complaining because it's taking too long (and rightfully so).

If we announce after it happens, we minimize complaints.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
If we announce after it happens, we minimize complaints.


Well, we're going to complain anyway, so there's that...kidding!
Post 16 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
I'm actually a little surprised that the account points weren't mentioned in the newsletter. I thought they'd timed it specifically for the newsletter


They're not fully functioning yet, so there is no mention.
It's close.

You mean #Soon.
Post 17 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiercy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
If we announce after it happens, we minimize complaints.


Well, we're going to complain anyway, so there's that...kidding!

#notkidding
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
...When did this happen? Are we living in the mythical #soon?



Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@esaravo @infinityG @poka I don't think they've counted the retroactive points yet. I had a single modern ship out today so that would account for my 32 points ($16x2 points) but not the dozens of other books I've submitted with my membership so far this year


At 16 points per slab, only 623 more to go before you're into "bonus points"...whatever that means.
Post 19 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio From the Program description:

"During any one-year membership period, if the number of points accumulated exceeds 10,000, the member will begin receiving 4 points per dollar spent, rather than the normal 2 points, for the remainder of that year."
Post 20 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user

Post 21 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know how they got 96 points for me if it's 2 points per dollar.
Post 22 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I should have more points than that just from the order I got back.
Post 23 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
I logged on to see if I had points and my membership expired this month
Post 24 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Mine expires July 4th
Post 25 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
So you basically get $1 back for every $50 you spend. And if you spend $5000 you get $2 for every $50 you spend....for the "remainder of that year."

Anyone know when that "year" would officially start to know when it would officially end? Is it by calendar year or when your membership started/was renewed?

Anyone here willing to admit they spend $5000 in a calendar year grading comics?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone had their membership expire but they're still getting membership prices?

I'm pretty sure mine expired but I'm still submitting with membership prices and it still shows silver in my profile. Am I a lifetime member?

I've submitted 4 orders so far this year and have zero points which makes sense since my membership expired but I'm still getting membership prices. Hmm...
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector SD2416 private msg quote post Address this user
I have so far this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
So you basically get $1 back for every $50 you spend. And if you spend $5000 you get $2 for every $50 you spend....for the "remainder of that year."

Anyone know when that "year" would officially start to know when it would officially end? Is it by calendar year or when your membership started/was renewed?

Anyone here willing to admit they spend $5000 in a calendar year grading comics?
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
I'm a GOLD MEMBER and I have no points. I used to be a SILVER MEMBER too.

Joined: May 30, 2015
Gold Points ()
Submit Comics
Dashboard
My Comics
Order History
Profil
Post 30 IP   flag post
169901 33 30
destitute