Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

Secret Weapons #1 "Valiant Validated"3351

CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Valiant will be releasing a variant copy of Secret Weapons #1 as a pre-signed "Valiant Validated Signature Series" edition, where "all copies" will be signed and distributed as such. While some grading companies will honor copies submitted to them for the first 90 days of release eligible for their signature label, CBCS will not.

All copies submitted to CBCS will have to be submitted through VSP and cannot, under any circumstances, be considered eligible for the yellow CBCS (ASP) label. This includes ALL COPIES submitted to CBCS in CGC Signature Series cases.

The CBCS yellow ASP label is reserved for signatures that were witnessed by Authorized Witnesses and these books do not qualify. We feel that allowing them to be placed under our yellow label, would erode the integrity of our signature program.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but appreciate your support of CBCS and our signature programs.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Right on.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Why do I think he's talking to me?
Post 3 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
That's the correct decision.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Makes sense!
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I'm kind of surprised the "Other guys" will be accepting this for a yellow label, time limit or not. It just seems like it opens the door for a lot of unwitnessed signatures. I'm always skeptical of pre-signed materials given the prevalence of autopenned signatures in book collecting
Post 6 IP   flag post
This would have been a prime opportunity for CBCS to make an exclusive deal to witness and slab these. Start thinking outside the box 📦
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
This would have been a prime opportunity for CBCS to make an exclusive deal to witness and slab these. Start thinking outside the box 📦

HA! You said box
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Kanaloa private msg quote post Address this user
I believe CGC has an exclusive deal and is witnessing the signings. Unfortunately I believe CGC blocked CBCS to witness the signings. It is also why there is a time limit and a known # of signed.

Too bad, I would have preferred CBCS.
Post 9 IP   flag post
The way Steve said it, CGC is not witnessing jackwagon.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Kanaloa private msg quote post Address this user
It is a unique cover (no logo) plus other stuff produced for this variant with logistics worked out with CGC in advance. Because CBCS wasn't involved, I understand why Steve says it that way and why CBCS doesn't want to accept them. I would say it that way to.

I hope CBCS can try doing things like this in the future for special promos because I'd rather get CBCS graded. This comic will be going to CGC unfortunately just like my xo #1 medal.

If CBCS wanted to case it, they could, even though it was a deal between Valiant and CGC. Valiant also worked with CGC on the metal covers before production to make sure they would be accepted by CGC. Unfortunately CBCS doesn't accept grading these either unless that has changed. I've got a nice 9.8 xo #1 metal that unfortunately is in a CGC case instead of a CBCS case.

The Secret Weapon is a virgin (no logo) of the 1:100 variant. It is strictly limited to the number of qualifying retailer orders and I believe they are # therefore there shouldn't be any extras.

If the (no logo) is true plus must be in a specific gold ink "not sure CBCS was privy on which brand", plus signed in same place and # and sent to CGC within 30 days of release then forgeries would be difficult. It is similar to the precedent set by the Walking Dead #100 Retailer Appreciation Lucille Variant Cover signed by Kirkman.

I hope CBCS can try something like this in the future.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
Question: will you still be honoring CGC yellow labels?

From my perspective, CGC just compromised their witnessed signature program by doing this.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Half of the CGC books I have sent and plan to send are yellow labels. If CBCS cuts off CGC yellow they will lose business.
Post 13 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitCityComics

From my perspective, CGC just compromised their witnessed signature program by doing this.

Yes, we will still honor CGC Signature Series books, but not on this particular comic.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Grayspeedster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitCityComics

Yes, we will still honor CGC Signature Series books, but not on this particular comic.

Perfect! Uncompromising integrity!
Post 15 IP   flag post
597867 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?