Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
So here's something I thought could be kinda fun. I'll start us off with a couple of slabs, then the next person to post has to post a book of the next highest grade than the one previously posted. I think this could be a fun way to see a variety of books and also see that grading scale in the flesh, as it were. Let's see if we can make it to 10!

Does someone have a 0.5 to post next?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector JazzyJeffie private msg quote post Address this user
Cool game, but I don't get to post until 9.4.. I have a 3.5 but haven't received it yet (still with CBCS).
Post 2 IP   flag post
@JazzyJeffie lol maybe it would've been better to start at 10 and go down but I don't have any 10s to start us off with
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4 IP   flag post
Awesome! So a 1.0 is up next! I don't post again until 2.5 so not too far away!

I'm totally jealous of that book, by the way! I'd love to own an AF15 like that some day!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
A .1 181, cool! Checking the grade notes on that one.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite - little help w/the certification number, if you don't mind. Is it: 16-8AA0865-001, well it's not, but how close am I?
Post 7 IP   flag post
The cert # on the book is:

16-DA40885-001
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thank you! I got some numbers right.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Awesome!

I'm totally jealous of that book, by the way! I'd love to own an AF15 like that some day!

Thanks! I purchased it via time payments on the CGC board (pretty much the only way I'd manage this buy). Sure the covers are detached, but they're there with enough text to keep it legible, it's complete, with no tape or glue stains.

Some dirtbag loser even "borrowed" images of it to try running a scam on eBay a couple weeks ago.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@MR_SigS Hell, I'd take a coverless copy (as evidenced by my first post). That said, I do have my limits. There was a coverless X-Men #1 on ebay a short while ago. Unfortunately it was water stained, moldy and practically begging to be put out of it's misery.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite Ew, I draw the line at mold as well. I'm always afraid the spoors will mutate into something deadly lol
Post 12 IP   flag post
Hello everyone! With all our new members, I thought I'd give this another shot. As you can read in the first post, the goal is to post a book for every grade CBCS/CGC assigns (I'm not requiring a 9.5 from the lamented Wizard First label but if you have one, please post it when we get there.

We've gotten started with a 0.1, 0.3, and a 0.5.

If you have a 1.0 slab, please post it, then maybe someone can post a 1.5, then a 1.8, etc!
Post 13 IP   flag post
597875 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?