Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help NeededQuestions

Grading Help - to sign or not to sign3328

Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm putting together some books for SDCC. I've been wanting to get this Catwoman 51 signed for awhile. I know it won't make 9.8. But, I hope it could eek out a 9.4. Would appreciate everyone's thoughts. I see a spine stress, a spine tick, some chipping on the bottom right, and buggered up bottom left corner.

Overall

Buggered corner

Spine stress example with tick

Chipping

Thanks in advance for the help.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
It's still a $100 book so I'd get it signed imo

I have some 8.5 J Scott Campbell's but still got them signed because I wanted the yellow label and they are newsstand editions. Do what you want, not what others want. Are you gonna keep it?
Post 2 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke - yeah, I don't flip my books. Although, who knows what I'll do 5 years. But I still don't like putting more money into a book than its worth. I think it has good overall eye appeal, but that corner is just gross.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Get it signed, Adam Hughes does a good job of putting his signature in spots that don't detract from the look of the cover. I'm sending my Zatanna #16 to Trinity for a AH signature when I get home.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
If you can call "AH!" a signature ? šŸ˜‚
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos
. I'm sending my Zatanna #16 to Trinity for a AH signature when I get home.

Man, that book is becoming my grail. I had a chance to buy a nice copy for about $30 back in December. I passed thinking I would grab it another time, then the demand on that book just exploded. I have the other Hughes Zatanna books, but 16 is out of my comfort zone at this point.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35

Man, that book is becoming my grail. I had a chance to buy a nice copy for about $30 back in December. I passed thinking I would grab it another time, then the demand on that book just exploded. I have the other Hughes Zatanna books, but 16 is out of my comfort zone at this point.

Ouch, definitely should have picked it up for $30, by far my favorite AH cover. I keep it on my "followed searches" on ebay just in case a nice copy shows up for a good price. Damn red cover shows EVERY defect so finding a NM is pretty difficult I got mine with a $45 best offer and it looks to be NM but I won't know till I see it.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
If you can call "AH!" a signature ? šŸ˜‚

I bet CBCS doesn't even send these to get verified. "Yup, that's an A and an H...verified"
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I've got it on my ebay followed books but I haven't pulled the trigger on it.

Not quite as prestigious but I have a full set of Adam Hughes Tomb Raider covers that I'm slowly working on getting aigned and slabbed.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Iā€™m not an ant. Iā€™m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
If you have to ask then no just no. Lol
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector verbogyrater private msg quote post Address this user
Don't sign. Leave as is and sell down the road on ebay for a good amount. All raw books HTF seem to garner better profit than if you signed and slabbed. Meaning a actual 9.2/9.4 has a better chance of selling and faster than the same HTF 9.6 slabbed. Ebay laws of comics... people gobble them up.

BTW what ever happened to Maxx and Pitt?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbogyrater
All raw books HTF seem to garner better profit than if you signed and slabbed. Meaning a actual 9.2/9.4 has a better chance of selling and faster than the same HTF 9.6 slabbed. Ebay laws of comics.

Yup - that's was exactly my thought. Even though I don't sell books, I assume that one day I'll have to do a clean out. A raw book always seems to have potential to a would-be buyer, where as a graded NM- or VF/NM is what it is.
Post 12 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Unsigned sell faster than signed because asking prices tend towards lower and people tend towards being cheap. That doesn't correlate to signed equals decreased value.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Unsigned sell faster than signed because asking prices tend towards lower and people tend towards being cheap. That doesn't correlate to signed equals decreased value.

Me at the moment:

Post 14 IP   flag post
598059 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?