Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASP

Does Verified Artist Signature raise value?3321

Collector Relaxin89 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, everyone. Just wanted to get everyone's opinion on if they feel that getting an artists verified signature raises the value of a comic, or if it can hurt it.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Depends on who it is and which comic. Could go both ways.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@Relaxin89 just gives me peace of mind. I wouldn't expect a price bump. Even witnessed signatures can be shady.
Post 3 IP   flag post
That's what I figured. I just found out about Trinity Comics, and the amazing service they provide. Thinking of sending them some comics to get signed for my personal collection but I worry about hurting their value. All newer comics
Post 4 IP   flag post
Newer comics I would not worry about. It is key older books that might be better left alone than signed.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@Relaxin89 I used trinity before, A+ service. I only get 8.5 or less signed by the artist, if the artist/writer had something to do with that comic. Meaning no Stan Lee sigs on a Wolverine comic.

I don't have anything 9.0 or above signed I feel like it's ruining the near mintness.

I guess with all the modern variants having a 9.8 signed would make it sell for more. I'm talking more about golden/silver/bronze age comics.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@KingNampa gotcha. That makes sense. Thanks for the Trinity Comics recommendation. I plan on sending them some new venom variants to get signed by gabriele dell'otto and francesco mattina at upcoming signings. I also have an Amazing Spider-Man #569 CGC at 9.0 I thought about having signed by Adi Granov, again all for my personal collection.
Post 7 IP   flag post
You can do a search of completed eBay sales of signed books by whatever artist you have in mind. Would give you an idea of what their signed books are going for.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I didn't think about that, 👍. Thanks
Post 9 IP   flag post
600736 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?