Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionSignatures

To reslab or not to reslab3250

Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user
I bought some books off ebay that are graded by another company who's name i wont mention awhile ago anyways they are autographed by some cast members of the Walking Dead i was wondering do i leave them alone or submit them to CBCS to be redone
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
You can mention names. If it's a CGC yellow label then CBCS will honor the label if you send it in sealed. If this is PGX then you'd have to go with Verification for the red label.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
You can mention names. If it's a CGC yellow label then CBCS will honor the label if you send it in sealed. If this is PGX then you'd have to go with Verification for the red label.
they are PGX so in your opinion how much do you trust PGX's authentication of autographs and would it be worth having them redone by CBCS
Post 3 IP   flag post
First off I would compare them to known signatures and make sure they are at least consistent to my untrained eye. If any doubt existed I would not hesitate to send them to CBCS. If however they look authentic it depends on how much you hate the PGX slab and if they are keepers or sellers. If sellers, CBCS VSP will maximize profits. If keeping then it's personal preferences.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Sirtoddington private msg quote post Address this user
So PGX won't guarantee the authentication of a witnessed sig?? Well I guess that if that's the case that says a lot about PGX.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Sirtoddington PGX guarantees what they do. CBCS doesn't guarantee what PGX does. But CBCS will guarantee what CGC does. But CGC won't guarantee either CBCS or PGX.
Post 6 IP   flag post
#whosonfirst
Post 7 IP   flag post
You also need to look at is the book worth the cost of VSP, it's $25 fee plus grading fees.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
#whosonfirst
RIGHT!?? Seriously.... PGX aside if a CBCS or CGC has a yellow label that should guarantee a yellow label across the boards. CBCS I know does with CGC but is it because CGC see's CBCS as a threat 7 that's just a form of their "retaliation?"
Post 9 IP   flag post
I believe CGC won't recognize CBCS out of pure spite. Like the CGC guy who told a forum member here "whatever, good luck with that." when he didn't want CGC to grade it and said he was going with CBCS.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I believe PGX has too much bad baggage to ever be seen as legitimate in the eyes of CGC or CBCS. There's too much down side risk from a legal standpoint.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Yeah...... That sounds about right on both accounts.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
First off I would compare them to known signatures and make sure they are at least consistent to my untrained eye. If any doubt existed I would not hesitate to send them to CBCS. If however they look authentic it depends on how much you hate the PGX slab and if they are keepers or sellers. If sellers, CBCS VSP will maximize profits. If keeping then it's personal preferences.
they are keepers but the problem is after i bought the books i started hearing nothing but bad things about PGX epsecially when it comes to the authenticity of autographs through them in general
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
You also need to look at is the book worth the cost of VSP, it's $25 fee plus grading fees.
hmmm catch 22 if they turn out to be authentic then worth but if fake the books would be downgraded as the autos would now be considered graffitti more or less
Post 14 IP   flag post
Are they witnessed signatures?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Are they witnessed signatures?
yes by PGX but most people i have talked to don't trust PGX
Post 16 IP   flag post
PGX..... the graders for counterfitters!
Post 17 IP   flag post
Witnessed is less risk than authenticated.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
where could i find autographs of each person to try and compare to see if they seem legit the Chandler Riggs one is gonna be hard to compare as it is from when he first started on the Walking Dead
Post 19 IP   flag post
well...... I wish i could tell you i had his sig but sadly i do not. Had I known about a horror con a few months earlier then I did I would say... here ya go, this is what his sig looked like back then!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Step one, look on eBay for other signed books by the person that are in CGC or CBCS slabs, do an advanced search for sold listings as well. Also look at signed photo listings that have COAs and compare those too. Lastly resort to a brute force Google image search.
Post 21 IP   flag post
If money is not an issue, personally I would just have CBCS VSP them.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtoddington
well...... I wish i could tell you i had his sig but sadly i do not. Had I known about a horror con a few months earlier then I did I would say... here ya go, this is what his sig looked like back then!
i wish you had one as well it would be nice to compare the signatures
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Step one, look on eBay for other signed books by the person that are in CGC or CBCS slabs, do an advanced search for sold listings as well. Also look at signed photo listings that have COAs and compare those too. Lastly resort to a brute force Google image search.
ive looked on ebay couldn't find an older autograph but plenty of newer ones i will try the advanced search for sold listings as well as the photo listings that have COA's
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
If money is not an issue, personally I would just have CBCS VSP them.
money is technicaly not an issue it's just that i would hate to find out the sig's are fake but then i guess the only one to find out is by sending them into CBCS
Post 25 IP   flag post
On the up side, Walking Dead books would probably look killer in red CBCS labels.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
On the up side, Walking Dead books would probably look killer in red CBCS labels.
i never thought of it that way sounds pretty cool looks like i will be sending them in shortly thanks for the idea
Post 27 IP   flag post
thanks to all those who have posted i really appreciate it
Post 28 IP   flag post
I think the style factor of the new red label with certain books gets overlooked a lot.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONLINE_209
Quote:
hmmm catch 22 if they turn out to be authentic then worth but if fake the books would be downgraded as the autos would now be considered graffitti more or less
The catch 22 might be they are a grade lower. If your not gonna sell em just keep em as is. If you ever want to sell em then send them into CBCS.
Post 30 IP   flag post
597883 48 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?