Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeGrading Help NeededMovies TelevisionPop CultureToys

BREAKING: Ron Howard set to direct Han Solo3236

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Star Wars Han Solo spinoff signs Ron Howard as new director

97.2k likes
1,989 comments
Lucasfilm is pleased to announce that Academy Award-winning filmmaker Ron Howard has been named director of the untitled Han Solo film.

The movie hit a snag earlier this week when directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller dropped out due to “creative differences.”

Lord and Miller had been filming the untitled project in London since January 2017 with stars Alden Ehrenreich as the young Han Solo and Donald Glover as Lando Calrissian. The supporting cast includes Woody Harrelson, Emilia Clarke and Thandie Newton.

"Unfortunately, our vision and process weren't aligned with our partners on this project. We normally aren't fans of the phrase 'creative differences' but for once this cliché is true," the directors said in a joint statement Tuesday. "We are really proud of the amazing and world-class work of our cast and crew."

Howard has shepherded Oscar winners like "A Beautiful Mind" and "Apollo 13." But his recent films, including the "Da Vince Code" sequel "Inferno" and "In the Heart of the Sea," have struggled at the box office.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
He's no JJ Abrams (sp.) but it will be an interesting take on Han.

I'm in.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I'm cool with this choice
Post 3 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Works for me.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Young Han, Smugglers Tale, DaVinci Code style mystery? I'm in!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

97.2k likes
1,989 comments
Lucasfilm is pleased to announce that Academy Award-winning filmmaker Ron Howard has been named director of the untitled Han Solo film.

The movie hit a snag earlier this week when directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller dropped out due to “creative differences.”

Lord and Miller had been filming the untitled project in London since January 2017 with stars Alden Ehrenreich as the young Han Solo and Donald Glover as Lando Calrissian. The supporting cast includes Woody Harrelson, Emilia Clarke and Thandie Newton.

"Unfortunately, our vision and process weren't aligned with our partners on this project. We normally aren't fans of the phrase 'creative differences' but for once this cliché is true," the directors said in a joint statement Tuesday. "We are really proud of the amazing and world-class work of our cast and crew."

Howard has shepherded Oscar winners like "A Beautiful Mind" and "Apollo 13." But his recent films, including the "Da Vince Code" sequel "Inferno" and "In the Heart of the Sea," have struggled at the box office.

I read an article about how firing the other two guys is going to create a problem with residuals, other payments, and director's rights.

Link:
clickable text
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Quote:

97.2k likes
1,989 comments

I read an article about how firing the other two guys is going to create a problem with residuals, other payments, and director's rights.

Link:
clickable text

A "one Director rule"? Sounds very Sithy
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
Quote:
Quote:

97.2k likes
1,989 comments

Link:
clickable text

A "one Director rule"? Sounds very Sithy

Doesn't it?
Post 8 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
It would be so cool if they could work a carbonite Andy, Aunt Bea, or Goober in there somewhere.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
It would be so cool if they could work a carbonite Andy, Aunt Bea, or Goober in there somewhere.

Post 10 IP   flag post
@JLS_Comics @Towmater

Oh, to the contrary my dear friends. The Sith have the Rule of Two. No more, no less. One to embody the power, the other to crave it. It is the job of the apprentice to learn everything until they are strong enough to kill the master and take their own apprentice. Thus ensuring that only the most powerful Sith is always in rule. Darth Bane created this cycle to stop the infighting that plagued the Sith and prevented them from gaining power. This rule was followed diligently, in secret, for over 1000 years until Darth Sidious finally destroyed the Jedi.
Post 11 IP   flag post
#knowyourstarwarstrivia
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Not mad about this
Post 13 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

I prefer magic nose goblins.
Post 14 IP   flag post
598062 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?