Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Dshel61 private msg quote post Address this user
Are the prices for these books for raw books or slabbed books?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
It's my understanding that the prices listed in the Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide are calculated by the current activity in the market. The listed prices are for raw books. the slabbing of a book, in reality, shouldn't increase the value but give you piece of mind that the condition listed is accurate to establish the value.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Raw books. Most people tend to add the surcharge to graded books. So if you have a book listed in the guide as $100 for a 9.4, someone sells a graded one for $130 or $140.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Which by the way, in the past 2 years I must say comicbookrealm.com is waaaaaay off on market prices sold on ebay. Everything's too low! A book such as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 9.8 sells for over $20,000 yet it's still listed at ComicBookRealm.com as a $5,000 book lol
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
It's my understanding that the prices listed in the Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide are calculated by the current activity in the market. The listed prices are for raw books. the slabbing of a book, in theory, shouldn't increase the value but give you piece of mind that the condition listed is accurate to establish the value.

Fixed that for you, in "reality" they do. #mostly
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Dshel61 private msg quote post Address this user
So basically these "guides" only pretty much tell you what issues are keys, important or "hot". The actual gauge for pricing should be eBay results.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Guides are just that, guides...they are a starting point for research, which should include multiple sources of information.
Post 7 IP   flag post
It'd be great if ebay would have an actual "price guide" on everything sold by algorithm , by category, by date sold, and keep it on file for 10-20 years

oh wait now I see the problem. Archives. Indexing. That's a huge db
Post 8 IP   flag post
#Yuge
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Which by the way, in the past 2 years I must say comicbookrealm.com is waaaaaay off on market prices sold on ebay. Everything's too low! A book such as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 9.8 sells for over $20,000 yet it's still listed at ComicBookRealm.com as a $5,000 book lol

real talk, most haven't been reevaluated since they were put out
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dshel61
So basically these "guides" only pretty much tell you what issues are keys, important or "hot". The actual gauge for pricing should be eBay results.

I read recently that one contributor just finished going through the entire alphabet at their site. If the title begins with "Z" it's going to be more accurate than a title that begins with "C" because they are going through the data alphabetically. It is very labor intensive work and it's impossible for a handful of people to keep up with the data in real time.

On the other hand, I knew many retailers that might price a book in 1990 and never take the time to update their prices. They saw no need. if it wasn't selling at 1990 prices, why mark it up and make it even harder to sell?
Post 11 IP   flag post
600852 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?