Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 176 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Someone splain to me exactly what "powers" or abilities Harley Quinn has? I mean, except for the same powers and abilities all hot chicks possess.

Is it the same powers and abilities that Joker possesses: Crazy, warped and demented? except she has a baseball bat and Joker has cool clothing?

I just don't get it.

Wonder Woman I get. Batgirl and Catwoman I get. Heck, I even get Poison Ivy. But Harley Quinn, I just don't get.

But of course, I never got Joker either. So maybe it's just me.......................

I just realized that the older I get, the more crotchety I get......

I'm going to Dairy Queen. I think it has been at least 25 years since I had a Banana Split. Do they still make those?

You get Batgirl and Catwoman but don't get Harley? Did I missed the issues in which those characters developed powers and abilities beyond those of mortals? Harley, Batgirl, and Catwoman like many of the characters in Batman (him included) don't have any superpowers. They just run around and fight each other...lol.
Post 177 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Quote:
Someone splain to me exactly what "powers" or abilities Harley Quinn has? I mean, except for the same powers and abilities all hot chicks possess.

Is it the same powers and abilities that Joker possesses: Crazy, warped and demented? except she has a baseball bat and Joker has cool clothing?

I just don't get it.

Wonder Woman I get. Batgirl and Catwoman I get. Heck, I even get Poison Ivy. But Harley Quinn, I just don't get.

But of course, I never got Joker either. So maybe it's just me.......................

I'm going to Dairy Queen. I think it has been at least 25 years since I had a Banana Split. Do they still make those?

You get Batgirl and Catwoman but don't get Harley? Did I missed the issues in which those characters developed powers and abilities beyond those of mortals? Harley, Batgirl, and Catwoman like many of the characters in Batman (him included) don't have any superpowers. They just run around and fight each other...lol.

I don't read or collect moderns, so I wouldn't be an expert on HQ. But I thought that Poison Ivy had given Harley a potion or two and she was physically much stronger than normal as a result? Immune to many toxins, poisons, etc? How else would she be able to carry around the huge hammer thingy?
Post 178 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Explain to me how Harley Quinn carries a whole movie by herself without other DC characters to interact with? That idea is just dumb.
Post 179 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

I just don't get it.

The greatest detective on the planet (Sherlock might give him a run for the money though), coupled with amazing training in combat and agility, and almost unlimited funds.

Against the hot crazy chick with a baseball bat and jester attire?

Drinking and posting don't mix. Just say no.
Post 180 IP   flag post

Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Explain to me how Harley Quinn carries a whole movie by herself without other DC characters to interact with? That idea is just dumb.

Well, she'd interact with other characters in her "universe" , just like other solo hero movies.

I would think a movie could do well to go deep into the her dysfunctional, abusive relationship with the Joker. How they meet and she falls in love, how she leaves, how she is still drawn to him, where her life is heading by the end of the movie.

Sort of blend Mad Love, Batman: Harley Quinn and Gotham City Sirens into a movie. Maybe it could end where Gotham City Sirens would begin? Obvious characters that would also be in the movie are the Joker, Batman and Poison Ivy, maybe Catwoman.
Post 181 IP   flag post
@IronMan so you just described what Gotham City Sirens will probably be...so your only "real" compliant is that Harley's name isn't on the marquee?
Post 182 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Bingo. Otherwise it's just an episode of Survivorman.
Post 183 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I just don't get it.

The greatest detective on the planet (Sherlock might give him a run for the money though), coupled with amazing training in combat and agility, and almost unlimited funds.

I didn't attack you personally so I'd appreciate it if you'd not attack me on a personal level. Noting that I don't drink and don't for religious reasons I don't appreciate the attack.
Post 184 IP   flag post
Quote:
@IronMan so you just described what Gotham City Sirens will probably be...so your only "real" compliant is that Harley's name isn't on the marquee?

I don't have any complaint. IDC if they do a HQ movie. I was just answering your question how HQ might carry a solo movie.

I'm not a big HQ fan, but I am low hanging fruit for comic book based movies. So I'll go see whatever it is they make.
Post 185 IP   flag post
But what you described as a working HQ movie is not any different from what GCS will be. That is my point, She doesn't need a "stand alone" movie just to have her name on the poster when it ends up the same exact movie. Harley Quinn has always been defined by how she interacts with all the other characters. It's her banter that makes her who she is. So any good movie with her is going to feature other characters. Who cares if they name it the Harley Quinn movie or name it something else?
Post 186 IP   flag post
Quote:
But what you described as a working HQ movie is not any different from what GCS will be. That is my point, She doesn't need a "stand alone" movie just to have her name on the poster when it ends up the same exact movie. Harley Quinn has always been defined by how she interacts with all the other characters. It's her banter that makes her who she is. So any good movie with her is going to feature other characters. Who cares if they name it the Harley Quinn movie or name it something else?

Not me. Name it anything they want. We agree. Some true HQ fans might feel differently though.

Suicide Squad was beat on pretty bad by the critics. The audience scores were better but far from great. But even the critics generally praised the performances of Will Smith (Deadshot), Margot Robbie (HQ) and Viola Davis (Amanda Waller). Supposedly Deadshot is getting his own movie. So fans - and again I'm not one so do not care - might ask why HQ shares the spotlight. As for Waller, if DC is smart they will have her become the Phil Coulson of their movie universe.

But I'm totally fine with GCS being the next Harley movie. And we'll for sure get to see Catwoman and Poison Ivy, so it's a bonus.
Post 187 IP   flag post
Since this thread is already derailed. Who should be cast to play Poison Ivy and Cat Woman?
Post 188 IP   flag post
@conditionfreak - drinking and posting mix quite well together, sir!
Post 189 IP   flag post
Collector Grayspeedster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Im not sure how this was remotely relevant or respectful. This seems like an unprovoked personal attack. It's wrong, uncalled for and just lame.
Post 190 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Since this thread is already derailed. Who should be cast to play Poison Ivy and Cat Woman?

Megan Fox Poison Ivy
Kat Dennings Cat Woman
Post 191 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayspeedster
Quote:

Im not sure how this was remotely relevant or respectful. This seems like an unprovoked personal attack. It's wrong, uncalled for and just lame.

I wouldn't read too much into it. I would say drinking and ebay don't mix as well.
Post 192 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Oh come on. Lighten up people. It was a joke. Towmater made a joke about his being a crotchety old guy. Conditionfreak made a joke back about drinking and posting. One that I can certainly identify with and joke about.

So how was anyone supposed to know that towmater didn't drink for religious reasons so found the joke...distasteful. At a lot of Churches, they drink FOR religious reasons. Catholics - over 1/2 of the world's Christians - address this specifically. The Communion wine has alcohol because if it did not, it would be grape juice. Christ didn't give his disciples grape juice at the first communion. He gave them wine.

I completely respect a person's decision to not consume alcohol, or meat, or whatever. But it was clearly just a joke and there is no reason for continued criticism.

I take this back if the two participants know and despise each other.
Post 193 IP   flag post

Post 194 IP   flag post
It's true some churches frown upon drinking at fellowships so I understand. We have to respect that.
Post 195 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:
Quote:

I wouldn't read too much into it. I would say drinking and ebay don't mix as well.

Man, that is true!!

Post 196 IP   flag post
You have NO idea.
Post 197 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:

Megan Fox Poison Ivy
Kat Dennings Cat Woman

My vote for Catwoman. Julie Newmar... Never be another...

Post 198 IP   flag post
Collector Grayspeedster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
Quote:
Quote:

Oh come on. Lighten up people. It was a joke. Towmater made a joke about his being a crotchety old guy. Conditionfreak made a joke back about drinking and posting. One that I can certainly identify with and joke about.

So how was anyone supposed to know that towmater didn't drink for religious reasons so found the joke...distasteful. At a lot of Churches, they drink FOR religious reasons. Catholics - over 1/2 of the world's Christians - address this specifically. The Communion wine has alcohol because if it did not, it would be grape juice. Christ didn't give his disciples grape juice at the first communion. He gave them wine.

I completely respect a person's decision to not consume alcohol, or meat, or whatever. But it was clearly just a joke and there is no reason for continued criticism.

I was just being a douche. I don't really care about what he said! I guess I just hate to see people get offended and I jump at the opportunity to unite with others lol.

Don't mind me, just posting whiling drinking...
Post 199 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's a very long way to go to provide an excuse for a personal attack. What other religions teach and how the people within those religions conduct themselves never has been an issue for me.

Besides the post I took exception to, in the past couple of days, ConditionFreak decided to announce his disbelief of the action of a brave Canadian soldier in a war zone and a shot he made in the following way:

Quote:
I know this story is in all the national news. But I just don't believe it.

I mean Canada? SERIOUSLY! I don't think so.

They have like 12 guys in their military. Are you telling me that one of those twelve is a crack shot. From two miles away?

Either sheer luck, or he tried to shoot that far four hundred and fifty times before he got one.

Is this April? I thought it was June.

It looks like making attacks is what he trades in.

No, I don't know Conditionfreak. Until he popped up here I had not interacted with him. I do know what happened to him across the street.
Post 200 IP   flag post
It was a joke. You didn't find it funny. You said so. Seems like that would be the end of it. If you don't know each other than he didn't know a poke about alcohol would be offensive. If you don't drink for religious reasons than consider forgiving and forgetting for the same.

Most people are unaware that members of Canada's armed forces own the top long distance sniping records. Three of the top four, including #1. As I recall the thread discussion, other members pointed out the facts.
Post 201 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user

Post 202 IP   flag post
Quote:
It was a joke. You didn't find it funny. You said so. Seems like that would be the end of it. If you don't know each other than he didn't know a poke about alcohol would be offensive. If you don't drink for religious reasons than consider forgiving and forgetting for the same.

Most people are unaware that members of Canada's armed forces own the top long distance sniping records. Three of the top four, including #1. As I recall the thread discussion, other members pointed out the facts.

...I didn't know that you spoke for Conditionfreak.
...I didn't know that you are able to read other people's minds and determine their intentions either.
...Thank you for preaching to me about "forgive and forget". I guess, I am not allowed to express my thoughts on the situation but you are.
...I was one of posters to express my awe at the shot that was made.
Post 203 IP   flag post
601329 203 28
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.