Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector thpike private msg quote post Address this user
Let's see your most recent impulse buys. Be it in a LCS or eBay or any other store.

Today I finally pulled the trigger on a watched eBay item.
Rick Remender's Fear Agent #1 from Image. Loved the series and really enjoyed the writing. Moore did some fantastic work in the early issues as well.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector vacaboca private msg quote post Address this user
I bought the first half of the run for a good price, and had wanted it for a while... the first issue wasn't as high grade as I'd hoped, and was signed. I poked around and all of a sudden bought this. Stupid eBay.

Post 3 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke have you cataloged it all? I personally feel like that would be very rewarding and fun... I've told me buddy I'd help him with his but we haven't really had a chance to do it yet.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Last week I purchased five Batman/Detective Comics from a seller in Saudi Arabia. I have around 50 Arabic comics that I bought at a convention in the 1970's, and have found that there is a growing collecting market for foreign edition comics. When I saw that I had a coupon for my next eBay sale, I said "Why not?" The price was very reasonable and the seller also had free shipping. So now I have to wait until August 7th to see if they make it to RI. Not really sure what I'll get. If they never show up, I'm only out the cost of a couple trips to Dunkin Donuts.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@esaravo Oh wow... post those up when you get them, if you get them That sounds kinda cool
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Bought this last Thurs. Wasnt planning on buying one and tbh shouldnt have spent the loot, but got a smoking deal on it and just could. not. say. noooo...

Sorry for the shitty pic, I haven't gotten my paws on it yet so had to use a screenshot

Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
My recent impulse buy was the Rick and Morty #1 Four Color Grails.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@DarthLego We all know about that situation Darth lol
Post 9 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Two weeks ago I was going to take a break on buying new comics on Wednesdays and focus on my inventory. That was until someone posted about the Batman book on this site.

That same day I hit five stores in an attempt to get ten of each copy (ended up with 19 Batman books in total). Also picked up DK III Master Race # 9 (multiple copies / covers). Baby Teeth #1 and Pestilence #2. A few copies of the 25c Saga book and a few other things.

The following day I attempted to find that last Batman copy and spent 25 bucks on a nice copy of Transformers #1 instead.

Day 1 spend $129.29
Day 2 spend $26.72
Post 10 IP   flag post
@drchaos have you seen the cover for the second printing of that Batman yet?
Post 11 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
@drchaos have you seen the cover for the second printing of that Batman yet?

Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
I just picked up Popbot #1 and #2 for cover price.

Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector rckstr1253 private msg quote post Address this user
Some reason I can't load pics on here anymore since I got the Samsung galaxy 8. My iphone always loaded pics no problem but with the Samsung it says the file size is too big
Post 14 IP   flag post
@rckstr1253 That's okay! What'd you pick up?

Here is the ebay image for what I bought. Looks to be in pretty good shape.
Post 15 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Seems like every book I buy is impulse. I see, I like, I buy, I die. That's how my life goes and will go.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@earthshaker01 I have a habit of convincing myself NOT to buy something... like "I don't need that... its a new series... I don't know if I can keep buying it... I shouldn't buy that... Maybe I'll come back to it later." Then I'll go to half priced books or something and find a different series and find like 6 issues at $1 each and think... "Maybe I'll just get this series... its a full run. That's cool. I like the covers. I bet they put a lot of work into these covers. I wonder if they'll respond to me on twitter."

Yup.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
Seems like every book I buy is impulse. I see, I like, I buy, I die. That's how my life goes and will go.

Ain't that the truth! Every time I look for something on eBay I end up finding something I didn't plan on.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Dshel61 private msg quote post Address this user
My budget doesn't allow for much. My latest impulse buy came when I was in line at Kroger. Got a sweet deal on a 2017 variant cover of Snickers. It was in the dollar bin but got it at half price! Its the hazelnut variant. I am very pleased with this find.

Post 19 IP   flag post
@Dshel61 This is the greatest thing I've read this week.
Post 20 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by thpike
@kaptainmyke have you cataloged it all? I personally feel like that would be very rewarding and fun... I've told me buddy I'd help him with his but we haven't really had a chance to do it yet.

Oh I know where everything is. Mostly.
Post 21 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke it's the "mostly" part that will have you pulling your hair out one day because you can't find something.
Post 22 IP   flag post
You mean you don't catalogue your collection with RFDI tags like Sheldon Cooper?
Post 23 IP   flag post
Anyone know how I can post pics using my Samsung. Every pic I try to take doesn't post on here now.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thpike
@rckstr1253 That's okay! What'd you pick up?

Here is the ebay image for what I bought. Looks to be in pretty good shape.

Awesome book! I found 2 copies of that at a local shop but passed on it and went back a few days later to find it was no longer there. I bought venom lethal protector 1 cbcs 9.8 and a cgc 9.8 signed amazi g spiderman 375. Has a beautifully places signature from my favorite artist, bagley.
Post 25 IP   flag post
I really enjoy Rick's writing. There have been some parts in this series where I was reading and put the book down to just kinda think about what I just read. Very great read.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstr1253
Anyone know how I can post pics using my Samsung. Every pic I try to take doesn't post on here now.
I had that problem with my LG4 phone. After you take the photo, go to options and crop the picture. This will reduce the file size.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
I have the galaxy note 5 same problem. I use this free app called photo and picture reducer. Got to experiment around with it but works great.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Jaydknight private msg quote post Address this user

Stumbled across these two Variants while browsing through eBay and snagged them with along with a bigger purchase.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
I got saved from an impluse buy on the 'Bay last night. I pulled the trigger on a lot of X-books (with 2min left) and at the last minute someone out bid and saved me. #controlyourimpulses LOL
Post 30 IP   flag post
600853 43 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?