Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Canvas Prints from China eBay ?3201

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone here bought a canvas print from a low feedback eBay seller located in China? I want to know if these are legit sellers or scammers who frequently create new accounts, hence the low feedback?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
These are art thieves that swipe artwork from the web and plaster it on anything they can. None of the $$ goes to the artists.
They have to change names cause they get hit with copyright infringement reports. If you like the work the artists do, do not support these kinds of sellers.
Post 2 IP   flag post
That is what I figured. But my question is do they actually deliver the product?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Atakmunky7 private msg quote post Address this user
Most of my experience buying from overseas, especially China, has been bad. I've been burned so many times that if they have low or no feedback I just move on. Usually eBay will refund your purchase but it takes several weeks and it's just not worth the headache to me. Also agree with what Thorne said about supporting the artist and not what is most likely a thief. In the end it's your money and you may do with it whatever you like but that is my 2 cents.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Hamfoo private msg quote post Address this user
I have bought things from eBay sellers that originate in China
Don't bother trying to send anything back it never gets back to them.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Krazywan private msg quote post Address this user
I just bought one a few days ago from a seller in China arrival date July 12 to August 1, I will let you know how it turns out. Bought a Carnage print to canvas for his bedroom it is Carnage themed, didn't even think about it being stolen art, but the price was right, ill give an update when it gets here
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
😜😳
https://www.ebay.com/itm/191941216887

Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
I prefer aliexpress over eBay when ordering from China, dhgate is also pretty good. They have gaurenteed refund if items aren't received within at most 60 days (sellers can set the number of days lower but I think 60 is the max) and they use an escrow type system so you don't pay the seller, you pay the money to aliexpress and only when you confirm item received and satisfied will the sellers be paid.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer I'm pretty sure you can find those prints from reputable US dealers.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@KiloGraham I thought aliexpress was a scam lol 😳

It really works?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
@shrewbeer I'm pretty sure you can find those prints from reputable US dealers.

My wife would kill me regardless. Its not gonna happen 😁
Post 11 IP   flag post
Not in the least. I use it all the time for things from charging cables to socks to vaporizers. Never had any problems that weren't resolved quickly, even had items arrive after the gaurenteed date and still received a refund.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Aliexpress is like the eBay of alibaba. Alibaba is more for wholesaling and sourcing quantities of items, aliexpress is like the Chinese version of eBay reselling.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
My girlfriend was selling paintings online. She said that china sellers were copying her work and selling them cheaper. She'd ship flat so as to not damage the painting. She said the China sellers would roll theirs up and people were receiving them damaged. I have no first hand knowledge. I'm just relaying what she said to me as a rant.
Post 14 IP   flag post
598060 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?