Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

So this just happened...3182

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I was watching an item with a starting bid of $66 with 0 bids. I was waiting to throw my bid in late. This item had no other watchers that I could see. 15 minutes from close there's now 3 bids and the price is still $66, so one person bid and then reupped twice. I drove my counter bidding up to $72 and gave up. Item ended. Item was immediately relisted at $75 BIN OBO. Obviously shilled by the seller just to guage market interest and get the most out of a buyer.

Should I put in an offer? And if so, how low should I start?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
I would ask why it was relisted when someone won the auction.
Post 2 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
I just did the same thing. Opening bid was 69.00. I waited until 4 seconds and won. I paid immediately to ensure that no funny business. Can't believe I got highest graded GA for that price.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector DarthKribs private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
I was watching an item with a starting bid of $66 with 0 bids. I was waiting to throw my bid in late. This item had no other watchers that I could see. 15 minutes from close there's now 3 bids and the price is still $66, so one person bid and then reupped twice. I drove my counter bidding up to $72 and gave up. Item ended. Item was immediately relisted at $75 BIN OBO. Obviously shilled by the seller just to guage market interest and get the most out of a buyer.

I would start at 60
Post 4 IP   flag post
I just tried to send a message to the seller and got this.

"We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of messages this seller receives, they are unable to respond to your specific question right now. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing."

I've never seen this before.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector DarthKribs private msg quote post Address this user
I feel a tremor in the force.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthKribs
Quote:

I would start at 60

With the message explaining that you know you were the only interested bidder
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
If you want the book and were willing to pay $72, just buy it for $75. Shill bidding or not, if the price is right then do it.
Post 8 IP   flag post
It wasn't a comic book, if it was I probably would just bite the bullet. Being it's not a critical item for me, I don't really want to reward bad behavior.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I just tried to send a message to the seller and got this.

"We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of messages this seller receives, they are unable to respond to your specific question right now. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing."

I've never seen this before.

I got one similar to that a while back. Don't know what it was all about though.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I'd offer $60 & see what they counter with.

But, if it's a more common item, maybe take your business somewhere else.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Sometimes I wish I could autoreply life imo
Post 12 IP   flag post
600783 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?