Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

One more Friday Thread...3155

Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
So, another week's come & gone for us. What's everyone up to this weekend? I'm making more rounds at graduation open-houses, catching up on some reading (2 weeks worth!), doing some yard work, firing up the grill & hanging out with my dad on Father's Day. Ahh, the start of summer - good stuff...
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Right now I'm reading through cbcs threads that interest me while my wife is out getting a pedicure, watching my 5 year old apply scotch tape to toys and listening to my 3 yr old talk about his "butt gas"....one of his favorite topics.

Who knows what tomorrow may bring? Happy Father's Day!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
I'll start as I mean to carry on.....down the bottom of the garden in me little shed (not allowed in doors when I'm smoking 😂) Henri Winterman Half Corona, black coffee and a few rows of chocolate 👍
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@no1lufcfan at least you're allowed to smoke! ✊🏻

She's probably saving my life.. but dammit anyways!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Hanging out at sunny, hot and humid Ft Jackson.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I'll be attending an Injustice 2 gaming party Saturday. 🎮
Post 6 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer Aye it’s a bad habit so it is but at my auld age
Post 7 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1lufcfan
@shrewbeer Aye it’s a bad habit so it is but at my auld age

Nay, Frodo, 'tis a good Hobbit.

SDCC photo from several years ago, but pointedly where my mind is tonight.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
You should all drink a beer for me this weekend! Just one more month till I get a nice tasty beverage. Pretty sure I stop through Amsterdam on my way back to the states, will spend every minute at the Heineken bar.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos
You should all drink a beer for me this weekend! Just one more month till I get a nice tasty beverage. Pretty sure I stop through Amsterdam on my way back to the states, will spend every minute at the Heineken bar.

I know I'll probably get flack for posting two thirst quenching photos in the same thread, but since you mentioned European beers here's one my wife took of your's truly imbibing some serious dunkel bier last weekend at Jorg's Cafe Vienna in Plano, Texas...

Cheers,
Cat
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
My Friday started by replacing a Cable modem & wireless router. A thunder storm rolled through Thursday and the power flickered but it never completely went out. I did however lose internet permanently. Friday I discovered that a lightning bolt had hit the tree a few feet to the right of the telephone pole that feeds the house. A limb exploded and was thrown a hundred feet into the neighbor's yard. I'm sure glad I didn't have to clean that up too.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
It's very warm over here so I'll be spending the weekend sinking a few cold ones (starting in about 5 minutes).

I've also been informed by CBCS/FEDEX to expect a shipment on Monday so I'll be on tenter hooks until then. I know what's in it but am especially looking forwards to getting this Batman 47 Canadian issue back.

It was a pretty sound copy with all pages and covers attached but had heavy creasing. I can't wait to see what it looks like after Steve pressed it.

Post 13 IP   flag post
@Redshade WARM……..its frigging roasting

I think we will all like to see the results of Steve’s pancake
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:

OK. Roasting it is (I forget that we share weather fronts with the Emerald Isle).

Just as a matter of interest what grade would you (anyone) assign it in the condition as shown? I remember my notes when I bid and as it was a sound copy I wanted it to be a 2.0 but expected a 1.5-ish. As the proud owner of course I think my little baby is a 2.0 at least.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@Redshade Might sound a silly question but is that the actual back cover, or is yours missing.

The only one I can find is as shown

Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Redshade Might sound a silly question but is that the actual back cover, or is yours missing.

The comic is whole and that really is the back cover. It is the Canadian version remember.

Perhaps they aren't allowed to advertise firearms in Canada or the advertiser only paid for advertising in the US?

Anybody have any idea?

Another query; does anyone with experience of this type of Canadian comic know how they fare value wise against the US versions?

I'll post pictures of the slabbed comic when it gets here.

PS. I have some other Canadian comics on Ebay.Canada. I don't know how to post clickable links but the item nos are
182617999861 and 182619830918.

I cannot find a Price Guide for Canadian comics so my prices are based on others that I have seen on Ebay. Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
This has been very informative and education. Thanks guys
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
This has been very informative and education. Thanks guys

Thanks Cap, cheers to you.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshade
Quote:

The comic is whole and that really is the back cover. It is the Canadian version remember.

Perhaps they aren't allowed to advertise firearms in Canada or the advertiser only paid for advertising in the US?

Anybody have any idea?

Another query; does anyone with experience of this type of Canadian comic know how they fare value wise against the US versions?

I'll post pictures of the slabbed comic when it gets here.

PS. I have some other Canadian comics on Ebay.Canada. I don't know how to post clickable links but the item nos are
182617999861 and 182619830918.

I cannot find a Price Guide for Canadian comics so my prices are based on others that I have seen on Ebay. Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I've just been told how to post links (many thanks No1lufcfan)I hope this works. Open to offers.
clickable text

clickable text
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:

Well it arrived today as expected. Steve wove his magic and it came back as a 3.5 with white pages. I am, of course, absolutely thrilled with this.

When I put it in my scanner it didn't scan the slab as a whole but in two parts as shown, I've had this happen before and have no idea why this occurs.

EDIT.
Putting the slabs halfway down the scanning plate gives this:

Post 21 IP   flag post
That's ridiculous! You would never know it was the same comic book without the tears at top right corner above "ten cents".

Bravo. Well done.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
That's ridiculous! You would never know it was the same comic book without the tears at top right corner above "ten cents".

Bravo. Well done.

Thanks for your comment.

That was a tear on the top edge which was multiply folded almost like a concertina. Of course I didn't try to do anything myself and left it alone, but Steve did a great job.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Wow great result no wonder you are pleased.

Hats off to Steve R what a great job 👍
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshade
Quote:

Well it arrived today as expected. Steve wove his magic and it came back as a 3.5 with white pages. I am, of course, absolutely thrilled with this.

When I put it in my scanner it didn't scan the slab as a whole but in two parts as shown, I've had this happen before and have no idea why this occurs.

EDIT.
Putting the slabs halfway down the scanning plate gives this:

As I am retired, living week to week on my pension, I cannot really afford to keep this book, therefore I am open to offers should anyone be interested.
Payment via Paypal to cover both seller and buyer.
Post 25 IP   flag post
598017 25 25
This topic is archived. Start new topic?