Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics MagazinesQuestions

How soon is #soon? (Magazines!)3140

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
In the wake of a recent purchase, I'm looking forward to CBCS offering magazine size grading more than ever.

We know it's coming, and the phrase "soon" has been thrown around quite a bit. But what's the ballpark timeframe? Six months? A year?

Any ideas?
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
There really is no time frame. Magazine Size slabs have been coming #soon for a couple of years already and there hasn't been any real indication that we're closer now than we were last year.

They do grade magazine size books with their raw grading service, if that helps at all
Post 2 IP   flag post
Yeah, raw grade is at least something. But the protection & preservation of a slab is so much more appealing.

I hate the idea of giving more business to the Comic Grading Competition.
Post 3 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
In our defense I don't think I've ever seen #soon used by us when describing magazine grading.

It's on our bucket list, but it's a huge (and very expensive) project for us to take on.

It will happen. Keep sending in your submissions and it will be #soon-er.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thank you for the response @SteveRicketts. I appreciate the clarification.

Is the census something on the bucket list, or is that closer on the horizon?
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user

Post 6 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim Much closer on the horizon.
Like...right...there...
I see it!
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
#likerightthere
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts

Post 9 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
In our defense I don't think I've ever seen #soon used by us when describing magazine grading.

It's on our bucket list, but it's a huge (and very expensive) project for us to take on.

I know I've heard something about a $75k new mold for making the magazine holders. What's stopping you from making a kickstarter campaign to raise funding? I guarantee you that we, the people, have spoken, and we will donate to earn that 75k in no time.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Yeah!
Post 11 IP   flag post

Post 12 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 13 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:

I know I've heard something about a $75k new mold for making the magazine holders. What's stopping you from making a kickstarter campaign to raise funding? I guarantee you that we, the people, have spoken, and we will donate to earn that 75k in no time.
I for one have really no desire or need for magazine size grading. I have never used CGC's magazine grading and I highly doubt I would use it with CBCS. I know it's a service they need to offer to keep pace but for me I would rather have the census and registry sets.

Registry sets should in my opinion be the priority. This would make people start chasing slabs for sets. And for those that want the magazine grading I understand it. For me it's so far down on the list of other stuff I would rather see.
Post 14 IP   flag post

Post 15 IP   flag post
600457 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?