Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

Excited or turned off by DC Rebirth?311

Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
For me, I am turned off by it. It just feels like a big money grab.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Looks stillborn to me, but the reboot has defenders.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Oldbsturgeon private msg quote post Address this user
I'm happy Snyder is doing a batman book.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldbsturgeon
I'm happy Snyder is doing a batman book.

I agree with that
Post 4 IP   flag post
CBCS MarkRoman private msg quote post Address this user
Definitely excited!!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkRoman
Definitely excited!!!

Any particular title you are excited about? I am looking forward to Batman and Snyder's All Star Batman.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Batman, Wonder Woman, Justice League, Nightwing and a hush hush possible soon-to-be news about the JSA.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Oh, and Suicide Squad.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkRoman
Batman, Wonder Woman, Justice League, Nightwing and a hush hush possible soon-to-be news about the JSA.

Tim Seeley should be very good on nightwing
Post 9 IP   flag post
President SteveBorock private msg quote post Address this user
All I care about with these reboots is that they produce great comics. If they do not, then I am unhappy. If they do, that's fantastic.

Think about this....Showcase #4 was a reboot that spawned the SA of comics. Without that, we might not have had the SA of Marvel.

It does bother me a bit that some of the changes are for the worst. Amanda Waller "The Wall" is now thin and good looking. That is just playing to the movie/TV fans. We should have characters that are just like everyday people (heavy set, not great looking, loss of a limb, etc.), it's one of the things I love about many indie comics.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure yet. Feel it's going to be the same stuff they have been turning out.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Kav private msg quote post Address this user
Mostly it makes me throw up in my mouth
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Smacks of desperation to me. If it doesn't fix their overall continuity, which it doesn't look like so far, it is a useless venture. They also will not be able to maintain a double release of so many titles for very long. I know they need the money but writing good stories that come out on time is a much better way instead of double shipping titles they care about and essentially giving up on the rest. They also have scared off so much good talent and renewed that base with stuck in the past creators (which Didio and Harras love because that is where they are stuck), their current effort is likely not going to last much past the first few months. Jeff Johns also doesn't have a very far reaching view of the DCU, he never has. While they do focus most of their efforts on much bigger names/teams at Marvel they have put a major effort on the second and third tier characters which has been a great success for them. DC just hasn't and really doesn't put any significant effort into such characters.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Huffmaster private msg quote post Address this user
I for one am excited. I'm only a couple of months getting back into the hobby and I'm a DC guy from way back. After being "out" since my local shop closed in 2008, I picked up some comics from BOM in 2014 on a lark. I discovered that the New 52 had ruined the numbering on some of my favorite titles. Not impressed or pleased with the change, Grayson was the only highlight for me. With Rebirth, the numbering is back on track with 'Tec and Action. Whoever at DC pulled the trigger on this was reading my mind. Also, Rebirth will give me a chance to start anew with story lines, characters and issues. Condition and collection is important but I'm a reader as well. Some will mourn the New 52 format. My brother for instance was not pleased being a fan of some of the changes. For me personally Rebirth is right on time. Especially with some of the online sellers providing "Rebirth Bundles" with all the Rebirth and #1 issues. This gives people like me the opportunity to approve and cull between what I will read and continue to buy versus having some #1's just for the collectible value.

All that being said, I do heartily agree with Oxbladder. DC does not put the value on second tier characters that seems to have such a high success rate at Marvel. I love my DC second stringers. I was around for the first Underoos and I immediately went for the Aquaman set. Hourman, Blue Devil, Checkmate, Cat Man, Nemesis, Adam Strange, Black Adam....all those guys and others like them deserve some spotlight. Could you imagine an Elongated Man movie? Take my money, please!

So yes, I'm sorta pumped. And stuck in a hotel in Memphis with nothing to do but write posts.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Domogotcomics private msg quote post Address this user
It doesn't bother me as much as others but I just want clarification with the stories. As of now there are multiple Super men. And a New Green Lantern? I just hope it will all make sense.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Namrepus28 private msg quote post Address this user
I`m a little frustrated. I was frustrated with the New 52 when it came out. How it changed the back stories of so many characters and re-introduced many characters to the mains as they had never met before in that particular continuity.

I was JUST getting used to the New 52, and now its another big reboot. I like that they are doing the original numbering for Action and Detective Comics, but am more than a little annoyed at all new number 1s. Again.

Overall the most important thing is that they make smart decisions with new changes to the continuity and dont confuse or aggravate the reader base. Good story telling and art will go a long way for them if they get it right.

We will have to wait and see I suppose.
Post 16 IP   flag post
597874 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?