alien legion vol 1 issue 1 special 48 page edition
amazing spider-man vol 1 issue 380
amazing spider-man annual issue 15
batman/punisher issue 1 lake of fire
battle of the planets/witch blade issue 1

more books soon
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@mattbanks The short answer is that none of your books have a pedigree.

Most comics do not have a recognized Pedigree.

Pedigrees do not apply to specific issues of a title but instead refer to a group of specific copies that are part of a significant, recognized collection that was amassed by a single owner as the books were originally released. For example, not every copy of Amazing Fantasy 15 has a pedigree, but certain, specific copies may belong to a pedigree.

Recognized pedigrees collect Silver and Golden Age books, rarely more recent, and sometimes older books. Pedigree books typically have certain identifying marks (because it was more common for collectors to mark their collection with writing or stamps at the time most pedigree collections were amassed) or they come with documentation that states the book as part of a certain pedigree.

Here is a website with more information about comic book pedigrees.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector mattbanks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@mattbanks The short answer is that none of your books have a pedigree.

Most comics do not have a recognized Pedigree.

Pedigrees do not apply to specific issues of a title but instead refer to a group of specific copies that are part of a significant, recognized collection that was amassed by a single owner as the books were originally released. For example, not every copy of Amazing Fantasy 15 has a pedigree, but certain, specific copies may belong to a pedigree.

Recognized pedigrees collect Silver and Golden Age books, rarely more recent, and sometimes older books. Pedigree books typically have certain identifying marks (because it was more common for collectors to mark their collection with writing or stamps at the time most pedigree collections were amassed) or they come with documentation that states the book as part of a certain pedigree.

Here is a website with more information about comic book pedigrees.
ty very much
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
It would be incredibly difficult to identify a pedigree once the paper trail is broken unless that pedigree had a specific trademark like a name or date stamp the original owner put on every book.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego Also most (all?) of the books he listed are Moderns, which I don't think are part of any recognized pedigree
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector rtdcomics private msg quote post Address this user

easiest way to tell if its part of a pedigree is to check the label. Next to the CGC hologram is the pedigree name, if it belongs to one, so even if you don't have the paperwork it's still an easy spot.
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@rtdcomics he was wanting to know how to identify a raw pedigree. If it's slabbed it was already identified.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtdcomics

easiest way to tell if its part of a pedigree is to check the label. Next to the CGC hologram is the pedigree name, if it belongs to one, so even if you don't have the paperwork it's still an easy spot.

i have dr solar issue 5 and mighty samson issue 4 as well.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
A pedigree will either have a notation on the label (if graded) and / or a certificate with the pedigree information.

The same is true for a file copy.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
A pedigree will either have a notation on the label (if graded) and / or a certificate with the pedigree information.

The same is true for a file copy.

okay ty
Post 10 IP   flag post
598076 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?