Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

Does this look like shill bidding on ebay?3101

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user

Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector BrotherKenneth private msg quote post Address this user
Just putting my 2 cents in on this. I had 2 copys of this variant graded by CBCS. One a 9.4 and the other a 9.6. Sold them both on mycomicshop.com. 9.4 for $350, the 9.6 for $525. The 9.6 sold in less than a day. I sold the other one in the weekly auction.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector vabchgent private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke I checked it out, now I understand. That was funny.
Post 103 IP   flag post
@vabchgent how do you pronounce that screen name?
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabchgent
Hand raised here, What is Rick and Morty and why does it cost more than a first appearance of the punisher. Looks like a TV show as well, where can I check it out. Someone educate me. Thanks

Think Ren and Stimpy of the 1990's. That book exploded in price because everyone loved the show. Not to the extent of the Rick and Morty book. that being said, it will fall in price once something new and shinny comes along.
Post 105 IP   flag post

Post 106 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
It reminds me of the Retail Summit Incentive Cover for Identity Crisis #1.

Brand new, at 9.8, it was a $500 book. Now? A 9.8 is $100, and a 9.6 is $50.

Post 107 IP   flag post
Who in their right mind would take a $400 loss? I'd say the sellers selling it at $100 got it free or very cheap on day one, hung onto it, and now want a quick buck even if it destroys past values.
Post 108 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Ren and Stimpy wishes they were like Rick and Morty.
Post 109 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
That seller is trying to get way more than the books worth, but I do forsee an increase in value in these books as the show progresses. That depends on what you pay now though. It's cult following, but a large cult. People liken it to Futurama and South Park's popularity and say it will drop off. Well Futurama was cancelled and picked up again, ran for seven seasons, had 4 full length movies and was nominated for and won numerous awards. The writing staff on Futurama had three PhD's and something like 50 combined years at Ivy League schools. South Park is basically the same, started as a dumb, poorly written show and it's been on the air for 20 years. The writing evolved from fart jokes in to a razor sharp political and cultural satire. I think this is the series that Dan Harmon truly wants to see six seasons and a movie out of. Any of the first print books, especially if you have them signed by cast members and creators will definitely go up in value.
Post 110 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Agreed. This is Lebowski level subculture. I don't even think you could compare it acurately to South Park. I can't stand South Park but Futurama makes me laugh every time though. I think Rick and Morty are more comparable to Family Guy with a twist of Robot Chicken.

It's definitely it's own breed because with infinite worlds with infinite possibilities, the sky's the limit with the writing on this show.
Post 111 IP   flag post
Collector Grayspeedster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Quote:
Hand raised here, What is Rick and Morty and why does it cost more than a first appearance of the punisher. Looks like a TV show as well, where can I check it out. Someone educate me. Thanks

Think Ren and Stimpy of the 1990's. That book exploded in price because everyone loved the show. Not to the extent of the Rick and Morty book. that being said, it will fall in price once something new and shinny comes along.

You don't understand cult following then. Ever talk to a die hard "insert unpopular phenomenon" fan they will take this shit to the grave.
Post 112 IP   flag post
You mean like the Ninja Turtles?! LOL
Post 113 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Firefly.
Post 114 IP   flag post
Veronica Mars
Post 115 IP   flag post
Terminator: Sara Connor Chronicles (CANCELLED)

Man I bitched about that for YEARS to all my friends. I think I lost some friends because of it lol
Post 116 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Agreed. This is Lebowski level subculture. I don't even think you could compare it acurately to South Park. I can't stand South Park but Futurama makes me laugh every time though. I think Rick and Morty are more comparable to Family Guy with a twist of Robot Chicken.

It's definitely it's own breed because with infinite worlds with infinite possibilities, the sky's the limit with the writing on this show.

And the show is designed to breed conspiracy subculture. People spend hours and hours re watching and analyzing ever episode to form fan theories, which creates more popularity and subculture of the subculture. Fans will talk and argue theories and people unfamiliar who overhear think "hmm maybe I should check this show out". It's like the blips and chitz episode, you don't realize the first time or even times that you're not following Rick and Morty C-137, and that Rick and Morty C-137 are the ones who spent the day at blips and chitz. They even take as long as they want to make the next season because they don't cater to the fan demands and CN lets them do what they want because of the merchandise they sell.

Post 117 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke yep, I loved the Sarah Connor Chronicles too. FOX is so stupid.
Post 118 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloGraham

And the show is designed to breed conspiracy subculture. People spend hours and hours re watching and analyzing ever episode to form fan theories, which creates more popularity and subculture of the subculture. Fans will talk and argue theories and people unfamiliar who overhear think "hmm maybe I should check this show out". It's like the blips and chitz episode, you don't realize the first time or even times that you're not following Rick and Morty C-137, and that Rick and Morty C-137 are the ones who spent the day at blips and chitz. They even take as long as they want to make the next season because they don't cater to the fan demands and CN lets them do what they want because of the merchandise they sell.

I feel like we'd be best friends in real life, imo

There. I said it.
Post 119 IP   flag post
Quote:

Just like TMNT!

Sorry Mike my man I have to disagree on that. I have watched every episode of South Park over 200+, each several times and there is always humor I missed.

The show for me just satires life in such a tastefully tasteless way. Who other then Viacom would keep South Park after 20 seasons? They have proven that sticking it out was worth it.

Some may say there was a time (s12-15) when the jokes were becoming too mainstream. But they broke away from that. These last 3 seasons have been comedy gold and as @KiloGraham said, have been very political. Honestly, considering the core fan base has grown and matured as each season passed, you can see the creators reflect that back into the show.
Post 120 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloGraham
Quote:

Wow! I have to see this show!
To be honest I don't have Hulu and I I didn't know about this show till a few months ago so I have seen it. I may just get Hulu now that I get South Park and Rick and Morty.
Post 121 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke totally.

Post 122 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayspeedster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Quote:

You don't understand cult following then. Ever talk to a die hard "insert unpopular phenomenon" fan they will take this shit to the grave.

I'm aware of what a cult following is and was. Ever talk to a die hard cult Ren and Stimpy fan? They used to exist. Then this happened when the next shinny thing came along.

Post 123 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
It reminds me of the Retail Summit Incentive Cover for Identity Crisis #1.

Brand new, at 9.8, it was a $500 book. Now? A 9.8 is $100, and a 9.6 is $50.

Post 124 IP   flag post
Guys Ebay listened to the alerts and reset the bids!
Post 125 IP   flag post
Imma tryna scoop 🏹 this one uuuup πŸ‘†πŸ» πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
Post 126 IP   flag post
Good job eBay.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherKenneth
Just putting my 2 cents in on this. I had 2 copys of this variant graded by CBCS. One a 9.4 and the other a 9.6. Sold them both on mycomicshop.com. 9.4 for $350, the 9.6 for $525. The 9.6 sold in less than a day. I sold the other one in the weekly auction.

Damn...I wish I had seen those
Post 128 IP   flag post
Collector vabchgent private msg quote post Address this user
I am going to go old school here and show my age Speed racer /Ultraman/g force/ Johnny soko and his flying robot, since we are talking with cult following. Anyone remember these. Ohh almost forgot spectra man
Post 129 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I am going to go old school here and show my age Speed racer /Ultraman/g force/ Johnny soko and his flying robot, since we are talking with cult following. Anyone remember these. Ohh almost forgot spectra man

Ultraman was my favorite as a kid in the 90s! My family in Japan would send me Ultraman toys every year!
Post 130 IP   flag post
598068 133 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?