Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

Does this look like shill bidding on ebay?3101

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Look, I reallllly wanted this Justin Roiland variant of Rick and Morty #1. It's a $200 book that goes for $600-800 on ebay usually. It doesn't show up much. I found it strange this book was exceeding $1700 now...with 5 hrs to go.... But then this happened:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=132215884762&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2765
Post 1 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
With the exception of the first bidder, most bids afterwards are ALL feedback of (0), (0) and (23) and (17), the same 4 bidders. Two are zero feedback. Now it looks like everyone else stopped being interested after $1000.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Chubbyfresh77 private msg quote post Address this user
0 feedback is always my red flag for shill bidding! And I have been watching this one too! Definitely suspicious
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
With the two highest bidders both having zeros, I'd say probably shill bidding. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the last ten minutes.

I understand your concern, though. If it shows it sold for this much, even if it's fraudulent, future auctions for this book will have a false basis for comparison.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector rckstr1253 private msg quote post Address this user
Definitely suspicious. Seriously I prefer the normal cover of RIck and morty than this one
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
8***r also has 100% bid activity with that seller, lots of fishyness. I just ran into a similar pattern with an item I'm watching.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Well i logged into my other ebay account with a feedback of 801 and I reported the auction to ebay. I've been chasing this cover for a while now.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector VillageIdiot private msg quote post Address this user
Of course it is. This book would never go for that number. I know stupidity and money often mix, but this would be a special kind of stupid
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user
wow that is truly messed up
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
Also watching this book and I call shill. I know it's a rare book but for that money I'd want an original sketch from Justin, and realistically if you flashed a $2000 roll to him at a con he'd probably draw you anything you want.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Yup. So disappointing. What's it good for? Nothing because he's going to relist again probably because no one is buying what he's selling. Literally.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
I've been following this one too,good catch @kaptainmyke. That's quite upsetting if true.
Post 12 IP   flag post
was this one a recalled book
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONLINE_209

It was a 1:50 RI on issue #1.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloGraham
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONLINE_209

It was a 1:50 RI on issue #1.
ok cool thanks for the reply
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
What's 4.00 economy shipping going to get me from Canada ? Nothing I want for 1700.00
Post 16 IP   flag post
The book already has an extremely low print run so to have a 1 in 50 retailer incentive on a book that no comic book shop hardly ordered any copies of I think is the primary driving force why the book is so valuable
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher
What's 4.00 economy shipping going to get me from Canada ? Nothing I want for 1700.00

That'll get you a slab in a snail mail envelope. Shipping a single slab from Canada to the US should cost approx. $26US, and that's guaranteed 4 business days with a signature.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Isz_A private msg quote post Address this user
Glad to know there is a group of folks watching a grift, often thought it would be easy to inflate bids.....good job...
Post 19 IP   flag post
It is greatly frowned upon, and especially here.
Post 20 IP   flag post
So what happen if all of us here reported the listing? There's a link right there below on the item #
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
So what happen if all of us here reported the listing? There's a link right there below on the item #
i'm thinking ebay would take it down but i am guessing the seller would just relist it if the seller doesn't lose their ebay acount
Post 22 IP   flag post
well no one else bid so the (0) feedback guy won
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Interested to see if it gets relisted
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
I have just had a look at the report item link and there are no options for shill bidding, so what would you report this listing under
Post 25 IP   flag post
there is actually
Post 26 IP   flag post
report link > then

under these drop downs: listing practices > fraudulent listing activities > seller is using other accounts to inflate item price > submit report
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector BLBcomics private msg quote post Address this user
No offense meant to any one as I understand there be fans of all sorts of TV show and such, but I fail to see this amateurishly drawn Rick and Morty funny book to be worth much more than cover price. I scoped some other Rick and Morty listings on eBay and found this $5K "gem" which to me is even more ridiculous than the 1700 (obviously)shilled up one currently under discussion. If this is the "new school" of comics dealing, then maybe it is indeed time for this old dinosaur to hang it all up and walk away from all this insane BS as I currently see it unfolding.

I mean, I have a 6 year old grand son draws better than this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rick-and-Morty-1-BLANK-VARIANT-cgc-signature/222538823268?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D41375%26meid%3D34e6f6b5723a4d03b7470f40c699df43%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D132215884762

Post 28 IP   flag post
Hahahaha 😂🤣😅😂
Post 29 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
It'd really be worth some dough if Stan signed it.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600902 133 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?