Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

First Appearance of Him (Adam Warlock)3094

Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all,

I'm interested to hear from other forum members regarding their opinion about the first full appearance of Him (Adam Warlock). It seems that the CGC and CBCS labels differ as to which issue is the first full appearance.

Both CGC and CBCS labels indicate that Fantastic Four #67 is the first appearance of Him (Warlock) in cameo.

However, when it comes to Thor #165, the CGC label deems this issue to be the first full appearance of Him (Warlock), while the CBCS label denotes this issue as Him (Warlocks)'s third appearance.

Curiously, both CGC and CBCS indicate that Thor #166 is the second full appearance of Him (Warlock).

Which issue then, is Him (Warlock)'s first full appearance according to CBCS? Also, if CBCS considers Thor #165 to be the third appearance of Him (Warlock), does this mean that CBCS considers Fantastic Four #66 to also be his first appearance?

Post 1 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I'd like to know this as well since I just had a Thor 165 sent off for signing and grading
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
He (or should I say Him) had cameo appearances in Thor #163 and #164.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
165 is going for some big money tho imo
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Thor #165 is the first full appearance of Warlock. He's just locked up in a Cocoon in the FF issues. I own them all and I always felt that the FF issues were pretty crappy.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
FF 67 is what you saw in the end credits of GoG2.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
FF 67 is what you saw in the end credits of GoG2.

Yes. If I recall correctly, he's still in the cocoon through all of #67 and emerges at the very end. I don't think you get a clear view of him in that either.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Ironically Her appears in GoG2 even though she came along much later in the comics.
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
For all the big build up in FF 66-67, we barely get to see "Him" at the end. It's like the ending was crammed into the last few really small panels. His debut out the cocoon should have been one of those full page panels, now that would have been impressive.
Post 9 IP   flag post
600777 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?