Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPComics Modern AgeSignaturesSigning Opportunities

J.Scott Campbell Signing!!3072

Collector MostlyMarvel240 private msg quote post Address this user
Black Star Comics will be holding a private signing with J. Scott Campbell Saturday, July 1st. $30 per book and all books can be witnessed for the ASP Program. All books are due by June 26.

bold text
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector DertyComix private msg quote post Address this user
@MostlyMarvel240 send you a pm now.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Can they be witnessed for CBCS ASP? Cause we ain't about that CGC SS on this side of the street.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Deadpoolica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Can they be witnessed for CBCS ASP? Cause we ain't about that CGC SS on this side of the street.

Lmao let'em know son
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Can I have Campbell sign my Stan Lee Headshot?

Post 5 IP   flag post
I don't see why not, Stan Lee has probably signed a JSC headshot at this point.
Post 6 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
Can I have Campbell sign my Stan Lee Headshot?

sure why not. J scott signed Amazing spider-man 300
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
One thing I've always wondered about Campbells fine female drawings is the red "button nose" he draws on their face. Is that a trademark of his? Most of the drawings are awesome erotic/exotic female forms. But the button nose is distracting to the beauty of the figure, looks kind of like a pig snout. Just one opinion.....
Post 8 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_Spawn
One thing I've always wondered about Campbells fine female drawings is the red "button nose" he draws on their face. Is that a trademark of his? Most of the drawings are awesome erotic/exotic female forms. But the button nose is distracting to the beauty of the figure, looks kind of like a pig snout. Just one opinion.....

red button nose? wha? i just look at the overly done boobies and azz
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Campbell loves reindeer.

Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector MostlyMarvel240 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Lol yes they can be witnessed for CBCS ASP. Sorry, I got my acronyms mixed up!
Post 11 IP   flag post
I think Campbell will surpass Stan Lee in signed crap by 2020.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector rckstr1253 private msg quote post Address this user
I love Campbell's work but I feel he is oversaturated in the market. I am quite bored of all his recent variants. My opinion of course, but anyone starting to feel the same?
Post 13 IP   flag post
@rckstr1253 Back in the 90's when he would sign for free I got him to sign a bunch of stuff, like Gen 13 stuff. Those are all worthless now, lol. Like a triple signed Gen 13 #1 might go for $100.

I don't think any of this new signed stuff will do any better than that. Probably worse.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I prefer to buy sketchbooks from a artist. I don't care anything about having an autograph

Post 15 IP   flag post
I wish he would create new characters instead of making variant covers of everyone else's work/characters.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
Quote:

red button nose? wha? i just look at the overly done boobies and azz

Hey we all love t n a, and some of the figures are spectacular. Google image his work and (as you already know) you will see some of the greatest feminine felines ever depicted. But sorry, I ain't hanging out with any chick sporting a pig snout. 😎
Post 17 IP   flag post

Post 18 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user

Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Oh crap. I never noticed until I looked at this thread. Now I'm going to sell them all.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
@rckstr1253 Back in the 90's when he would sign for free I got him to sign a bunch of stuff, like Gen 13 stuff. Those are all worthless now, lol. Like a triple signed Gen 13 #1 might go for $100.

I don't think any of this new signed stuff will do any better than that. Probably worse.

I agree, especially considering the prices you pay upfront for his variant covers.

I admittedly have a small handful of his covers, but as an investment they suck.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer

I love your button nose.
Post 22 IP   flag post
@Savage_Spawn you mean a chick like this?

Post 23 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 24 IP   flag post

Post 25 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
It made sense. Do not you.
Post 26 IP   flag post
What is sqaunching?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
What is sqaunching?

Wait, don't answer that!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Savage_Spawn you mean a chick like this?

Clearly she's a 10. Lots of people have scars or blemishes on their skin and are still beautiful. Some of the most perfect looking people out there are quite ugly based on their personality. The friends I hang with are all a motley looking crew ranging from the all-american model to the fuggleys such as myself. So my statements regarding real life people were too harsh.

Having said that we can talk about the art/music world. Obviously there are many varieties of music and not everyone likes the same thing. Same with art. You can have 10 people look at a painting and have a full range of likes from love it to hate it.

And having noted that, I can stand by my opinion of Campbells artwork. Obvious he is one of the best comic book artists out there. But my opinion remains the same. The button noses on his stellar female drawings are strange looking/distracting and make the gals less appealing. As I originally said: just one opinion.......
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
She's a really strong 4.
Post 30 IP   flag post
596795 31 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?