Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPQuestions

First time as an AW303

Collector Chromophage private msg quote post Address this user
I have a few questions about being an AW. I've been approved a while back for a small con near me, and I was wondering a few things.

1) Do I need to tell/show the artist or writer that I am a witness?

2) Do I need to include my approval sheet for the con in my invoice? Do I need to carry it at the con?

3) Where can I get paper submission forms?

4) What are some other tips you could give me?

Thank you all for the help.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user
Oh wow congratulations sir. Yeah I never been and AW yet but are cons are getting better here in my part of state. As for submission forms I believe that can be printed offline or and you have let the artiat know that its being signed for CBCS. Thats what the witness that ao my book get signed did. Hope this helps alittle.
Post 2 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I would email Steve Paulus at spaulus@cbcscomics.com with your questions.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromophage
I have a few questions about being an AW. I've been approved a while back for a small con near me, and I was wondering a few things.

1) Do I need to tell/show the artist or writer that I am a witness?

2) Do I need to include my approval sheet for the con in my invoice? Do I need to carry it at the con?

3) Where can I get paper submission forms?

4) What are some other tips you could give me?

Thank you all for the help.

1) You definitely should not conceal it in any way. I don't announce it to every creator i talk to but if they ask or they have a sign saying they charge from grading, then definitely let them know you are a witness.

2) Yes, include your approval with your submission; that is what tells CBCS that your signatures are approved ASP. You do not need to carry it at the con for any reason.

3) You can get the forms from Customer Service or Steve Paulus; they can mail you a stack.

4) Be respectful to all con-goers and artists. As an approved AW, you are partially representing CBCS's reputation so be professional. Along the same lines, don't do anything shaddy; there is a trust that is given by allowing you to witness signatures. Breaking that trust will not only get you "fired" from CBCS but also hurts the integrity of the signature program. Also, I recommend window-bagging your books ahead of time; it will save you alot of time and you also won't waste any of the artists time trying to unsleeve and sleeve your books front of them. Lastly, have fun getting to meet and talk with the artists; getting your books signed is cool, but getting to conversate and BS with the creators is even cooler. Enjoy it!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thank you,

That was pretty much what I thought, but I wanted to make sure.

Also, would you window-bag a book for a sketch cover? Seems like it would be in the way a bit
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromophage
Thank you,

That was pretty much what I thought, but I wanted to make sure.

Also, would you window-bag a book for a sketch cover? Seems like it would be in the way a bit

No just give them the book in a bag and the artist will take care of it for you. Since usually they take hours.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks again :P
Post 7 IP   flag post
597890 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?