Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Which book can you simply not pass up on?3025

Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
Is there a book that you feel compelled to buy every time you see it?

For a while, I bought every Marvel Tales 2 I could find. Can't really explain why, other than I liked the cover.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Punisher 1 and Batman 324. Its weird; neither book is rare or valuable, but I just want to find a very high grade raw copy. Must be the covers that draw me in. I have bought several raw copies of both trying to get the best I can. I don't think any of my copies would pass 9.2 or 9.4.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Hulk 197
Thor 210
Post 4 IP   flag post
Also for me, JIM 112. Again, it's the cover.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
It used to be Avengers #144 before that book got hot.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
I seem to have acquired a lot of silver surfer 50s (foil thanos cover). It's a favorite of mine...but I slabbed and sold all but a couple now.
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
Punisher 1 and Batman 324. Its weird; neither book is rare or valuable, but I just want to find a very high grade raw copy. Must be the covers that draw me in. I have bought several raw copies of both trying to get the best I can. I don't think any of my copies would pass 9.2 or 9.4.

Limited or regular series?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Shogun Warriors#1, Micronauts #1, Devil Dinosaur#1 I love that Blue Cover, They have to be at least NM territory though. They are all inexpensive with good upside to increase in value. Plus, I love the Bronze Age.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Drogio, I have a bunch of those too. Great cover, but no idea how I got so many.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Logan510, really great cover.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
Shogun Warriors#1, Micronauts #1, Devil Dinosaur#1 I love that Blue Cover, They have to be at least NM territory though. They are all inexpensive with good upside to increase in value. Plus, I love the Bronze Age.

Micronauts 1 is a no brainer, if it's sweet.Add Rom #1 to that list, I bought 5 or so copies of Rom#1 off the CGC forums for $10 or so a shot.Gonna press and sub at least 2 of them at Garden State Comic Fest, later this month.

I bought a full run of Shogun Warriorrs at a con about 2-3 years ago, at a $1 a piece.

They were all super high grade.I put them aside, they are still sitting in a stack in their crummy polybags, on one of the shelves in my makeshift office.

Odds are that the majority are 9.6/9.8 as is....been meaning to press them all and sub them, just havent bothered yet.

There are a few that are solid $150-$200+ books in 9.8, just a matter of taking the time to press them all.The first issue is only good for about $150, in 9.8.That's part of the reason why I haven't bothered messing with them yet....but, ugh.

I now have 2 large desks full of stacks of books that I need to get pressed and slabbed.

Got tough early SA DC and Marvel keys in lower grade...a solid raw 9.6/9.8 as is ( havent pressed it yet) copy of Captain Marvel 26 I bought off ebay half a year ago for about $150, in auction.

I actually picked the book up in person, drove 90 minutes in the rain to meet the seller outside of Zapp's in northern NJ, because I didn;t want to take the chance of the book being nicked up, if the seller shipped it to me....haha.

I should snap some pics of my 2 desks and my shelves, full of unprocessed books, on here.You guys would cream your shorts :lol:
Post 12 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Early 90s xmen foils and keys. Getting them for a fraction of what I paid as a kid feels great. That bubble is still splattered 😁 Nostalgia!

Single book, WW41. Hunting for that ever evasive perfect copy, so I buy em all 😁
Post 13 IP   flag post
I like Rom #1 a lot too. But the ones that I have come across, people want too much for them so I pass.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
Detective Comics #880. I've got a poster of that cover & would love to have a slabbed copy to hang along side of it!

Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Daredevil #181
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
Daredevil #181

That's another one I've bought several of as well, one of my all time favorite issues. Still holds up 30+ years later IMHO.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Any key book that is reasonably priced.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
For me it's early green lantern and Shazam books. My two favorite characters.
Post 19 IP   flag post
@antoniofett
I recently had 2 Green Lantern books (vol. 2, #'s 13 & 72) sent in to be graded. Picked them up @ an antique shop last month & can't wait to get 'em back!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Limited or regular series?

This one here:

I believe it's volume 2. Classic Klaus Janson cover.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector vacaboca private msg quote post Address this user
For me, it's Batman and Robin vol2 #18... it's a cheap book, but probably my favorite single issue comic. I always buy any copies I find.

Post 22 IP   flag post
@Zombiebigfoot Jock rocks!
Post 23 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Spider-man #1
Not only are their multiple versions and an endless onslaught of homages to the "torment cover" but McFarlane's dark and brooding approach to Spidey is still one of my favorites
Post 24 IP   flag post
It's funny that a lot of us will buy as many copies as possible of a given book, just because. I still find myself doing it with a bunch of issues I like.
Post 25 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips
Yeah he does!! I'm thinking about taking advantage of the signing opportunity that's been posted about him. I'd like to get some All-Star Batman issues signed & slabbed, but would LOVE to have that Dec. Comics 880 done as well.
Post 26 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Fantastic Four 186 in 9.8.
Post 27 IP   flag post
@Zombiebigfoot I watched him do some sketches on You Tube. Pretty amazing stuff.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Grayspeedster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Any key book that is reasonably priced.

Agreed.

See this question is tough. Aside from the book your willing to get numerous or endless copies and not everyone has one, most people will eventually get the book they want and then interest changes to another book.

My current answer would be anything ASM, FF, Iron Man, Superman, Batman or Flash Vol.1 within that weeks given spending budget! I love buying high grade fluff issues(any non key issue) for dirt cheap almost as much as I love a great deal on a high grade key.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Foils, embossed, lenticular, holograms, titanium/uranium/plutonium/diamond,
spawn #1, savage Dragon #1 and any kool covers (plus variants) of same,
multiple copies of kool cover art,
#1 issues of pretty much any sort.
OCD insists all of above must be in great condition.

Yep, I admit.... it IS me!!!
I am the problem and will continue to BE!!!
For that I should say sorry....
But a lie I cannot cannot tell thee...
😎
Post 30 IP   flag post
600880 39 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?