Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

A very Sticky situation!3011

Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
I've learned a lot and have enjoy the heck out pf these forums. Here's one I'm sure has been discussed before but can't find a thread for it. As I'm sorting and making good progress towards selling comic books on ebay I've run into a handful of comics with price labels affixed to the comic. Obviously the example below is an easy answer. I paid $2 out of a bargain bin and that's pretty much what it ever will be worth. I could leave it be, peel it off, or toss it to the neighbors dog and all would be good.

But what if it was one of those rare finds where the comic was worth more in value?

$300 comic? $2000 comic?? $5000 or higher?

Leave it be?
Try to peel it off?
Send it in to a pro (if one exists) to remove it?

Post 1 IP   flag post
BTW I've developed a method over the years that is highly successful (tho very tedious) of peeling off labels including the residue beneath very cleanly and clearly.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I do this for a living on my Ninja Turtle toys that have walmart or kmart price tags on them...especially forgiving if it's on the new glossy paper on comics....

use Goo Gone. This bottle. No other version of it works as well.

Use a q-tip and a VERY small amount and lightly rub in a circular motion until the substance is removed.

I feel like this is for SURE going in the "out of context member quote" thread.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Use this stuff. It doesn't leave a residue.

Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Dear God! Why would someone put a price label on a comic cover like that? It's 2017 for god sake.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Dear God! Why would someone put a price label on a comic cover like that? It's 2017 for god sake.

Crazy, I know. It's a local CD music store. They have thousands of used and new CDs with some vinyl racks. All kinds of music related products. They also have in one corner 4 to 5 long boxes of used comic books. The vast majority of their labels are on the outside of the bag but you do get the occasional direct to comic sticker as well. I've pointed it out to them and it's much more rare now. You still get a stray once in awhile. You can see some discoloration where the label was but no residue left.

Post 6 IP   flag post
600865 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?