Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver Age

Grail Call! Showcase #222992

COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
I really hope that white shadow around the foxing isn't residue from someone trying to clean it with solvent. Fingers crossed for you bud!
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos
Ladies and gentlemen, we are in GRADING!! #soon

Timing couldn't be more perfect

You've had the book for a month according to your first post's date. How did you ship it, get it into the presser, and get it into grading so fast?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
So, we're hoping for 3.0-4.0 (based on what we can see) But based on what you paid, what is the lowest grade you'd be satisfied with?
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater

You've had the book for a month according to your first post's date. How did you ship it, get it into the presser, and get it into grading so fast?

My wife received the comic, checked for any missing pages (hope she didn't miss anything), rebagged it in mylite and had it shipped to CBCS with the invoice I made for it out here all in the same day. Didn't want to waste time in case I have to make a case on paypal if it comes back restored or incomplete. Based on age and value, Quickstream was my best bang for the buck and on the invoice I had asked @SteveRicketts to screen it before pressing and it looks like he decided that it either didn't need it or it would damage it so after a press refund it went to grading.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
So, we're hoping for 3.0-4.0 (based on what we can see) But based on what you paid, what is the lowest grade you'd be satisfied with?

Agreed, 3.0-4.0 is the goal!

This book has been seeing it's value rise more than I expected. Especially since there has been no official Green Lantern news in the Justice League movie but CGC 3.0s are selling for $1675-2100 and 4.0s are $2500+. So 3.0 - 4.0 unrestored would mean I got a great deal at $1250 + $100 for grading. I'd say 3.0 or higher would be my happy place but I'd be satisfied with a 2.5. I could definitely see this grading with a checkmark since it presents itself so well. I don't really know why but I'm most nervous about any potential restoration...
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Mr_adam_R private msg quote post Address this user
4.5 - 5.0 range. good luck man!
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_adam_R
4.5 - 5.0 range. good luck man!

I'd need a new change of pants if it graded that high hahaha come on CBCS!
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector Mr_adam_R private msg quote post Address this user
I would start looking for a good pair of brown pants then!!!
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_adam_R
I would start looking for a good pair of brown pants then!!!

Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Hope it will be 🥂
Post 35 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
u got ur wife to sub

Post 36 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke he's guarding the Stargate, cut him some slack.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Lol, she took all those pictures at the beginning of this post. I had her open the box and check everything over video chat and talked her through bagging and boarding the book and packing it for shipment. It was stressful as hell but I think she could tell it meant a lot to me.

On another note, all my other comics I bought out here I had shipped to a friend. I'll have to sneak those into the house when I get back. Hoping that when SC22 gets back to me I'll do a CBCS unboxing and deployment haul video for you guys.
Post 38 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
She is a keeper I'm Mr. meseeks look at me !
Post 39 IP   flag post
Gentlemen, I'm going to be MIA for a day or two depending on the wifi situation. Don't have too much fun without me!
Post 40 IP   flag post
Oh, so when they fire the Stargate up, the event horizon does interfere with electronic devices and wireless signals, good to know. 😉
Post 41 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Oh, so when they fire the Stargate up, the event horizon does interfere with electronic devices and wireless signals, good to know. 😉

Careful. That's sensitive information.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos
Gentlemen, I'm going to be MIA for a day or two depending on the wifi situation. Don't have too much fun without me!

Don't break an arm ...you know the rest
Post 43 IP   flag post
In the Dubai International Airport, wifi everywhere but I board in 20 min! Received completed and shipping email, I wanted to keep it a surprise but I looked. You guys want it to be a surprise for when I make my deployment haul and CBCS unboxing video or do you want to know now? I will say, it was not restored!
Post 44 IP   flag post
Post 45 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

No such luck A for effort and optimism
Post 46 IP   flag post
Post 47 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Post 48 IP   flag post
Boarding now, guess you'll have to find out later! Next stop, Amsterdam
Post 49 IP   flag post
Ok ok ok, I'll still make the haul video...maybe but I don't want to wait 9 hours to tell you
Post 50 IP   flag post
@Thanatos Remember what happens in Amsterdam, stays in Amsterdam.
Post 51 IP   flag post
It got a 3.0 and I'm still very happy with that since I paid considerably less than any 3.0 on the market (including grading costs) and it presents better as well.

Certified
Cream/Off-White

Notes:
many splits to spine & small pieces off. spine stress breaks color
tanning to cover edges & interior cover edges
2" edge stain bottom right front cover
general edge wear, small chips & tears
Post 52 IP   flag post

Post 53 IP   flag post
Nice! Dude, a book like that in 3.0 is still a big deal.
Post 54 IP   flag post
i know rite
Post 55 IP   flag post
598100 67 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?