COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
F5...QC...F5...QC
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego

If you made this you deserve an award. Even if you didn't you should still get like a ribbon or something.
way more time in recieved
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
I hope this doesn't make it even longer in QC.

Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector mloya2780 private msg quote post Address this user
Think it's time for you guys to hire more staff. The wait time is ridiculous. I understand the cons can hold things up, but as a business you should have planned for this and should have staffed accordingly. It just sucks paying for a service and not having your books for 3 months that's a quarter of a year. It's just frustrating checking back for turn around updates for the last 3 weeks and nothing has changed. So your 2 weeks out from being back to the normal. So that means my books won't be getting graded for about a month and who knows how long it will take to be graded once it eligible.
Post 104 IP   flag post

Post 105 IP   flag post

Collector mloya2780 private msg quote post Address this user
Not new Darth just finally decided to comment lol
Post 106 IP   flag post
Collector LeeK private msg quote post Address this user
Current turn-around time - 100 days - with VSP; but without clean & press; from drop off on Sunday at ECCC for expanded submission. Books still in QC.

Brand X - economy submission, dropped off on Saturday at ECCC - has been in my hands for 60 days.

Both companies doing on-site grading at ECCC.

40+ days is the time required for VSP. Ahh, the joys of the red label.

Perhaps this week.
Post 107 IP   flag post
@LeeK are you saying VSP is running 40 days on top of everything else? Like if I did a 2-day with VSP it'll be 42 days?
Post 108 IP   flag post
No Darth - from drop of on March 5 until March 29 (received) and March 30 (email that I had payment due) and April 3 (payment processed) was the large delay - but in that time, I already had my grades from brand x, and they had my books shipped a week later (April 10).

It's the logging in of books received at con that is the time eater.

I'm sure it is complex - but with an electronic submission form from the website, it shouldn't be that time consuming. Hand written submission forms - that I understand taking time to decipher.
Post 109 IP   flag post
Ok, that's good to know, I hope VSP don't ever get that backed up.
Post 110 IP   flag post
Collector Obie146 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeK
No Darth - from drop of on March 5 until March 29 (received) and March 30 (email that I had payment due) and April 3 (payment processed) was the large delay - but in that time, I already had my grades from brand x, and they had my books shipped a week later (April 10).

I'm sure it is complex - but with an electronic submission form from the website, it shouldn't be that time consuming. Hand written submission forms - that I understand taking time to decipher.

I appreciate CBCS for their commitment to quality etc. But I couldn't agree more about improving their submission forms to all electronic. I submitted several books at a convention back in April and it took two weeks for them to get into the system. Even then I noticed two major flaws in my submission. One of them had a signature that they forgot to mark and the other one had an incorrect name. Customer service was more than happy in correcting this however it's not indicated on the form just on the graders notes which are offline. So I'm a little bit anxious about how my books will come out and whether or not they actually made the corrections they said they would over the phone after I submitted them. Handwritten submission notes on these forms is not the way to go considering the details that go along with these Comics submissions.
Post 111 IP   flag post
@Obie146 you can create your invoice on the website, print it out, and then take it to the con.
Post 112 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Obie146 you can create your invoice on the website, print it out, and then take it to the con.

This is true and saves a lot of time.
Post 113 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obie146
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeK

I appreciate CBCS for their commitment to quality etc. But I couldn't agree more about improving their submission forms to all electronic. I submitted several books at a convention back in April and it took two weeks for them to get into the system. Even then I noticed two major flaws in my submission. One of them had a signature that they forgot to mark and the other one had an incorrect name. Customer service was more than happy in correcting this however it's not indicated on the form just on the graders notes which are offline. So I'm a little bit anxious about how my books will come out and whether or not they actually made the corrections they said they would over the phone after I submitted them. Handwritten submission notes on these forms is not the way to go considering the details that go along with these Comics submissions.

Actually they are testing just that this weekend for on-site grading. If all goes well, we will be going paperless at the booth before the end of this convention season.

Our developers have been trying to get this working by Heroes this weekend.
Post 114 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:

This is true and saves a lot of time.

Didnt do this last November. Took 30 minutes at the booth.

Did this last weekend. Took 2 minutes at the booth.
Post 115 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
I brought my online submission forms to submit my books at SCVCC and the two CBCS guys insisted on writing out my order. When my books got to CBCS a very nice lady called me to clarify my order. She was a little confused on what they wrote for my submissions. I told her I had invoice numbers from my on-line form. She wanted to know why they didn't just use my print outs. I told her I had no idea lol in the end we used my online submission printouts and it made it a lot easier for her to process my order.
Post 116 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer Agreed. It took me over an hour to submit my books. I kept getting shuffled between reps.
Post 117 IP   flag post
@mattness that is odd, I wonder if they were new help.
Post 118 IP   flag post
They were nice guys but it was just back and forth. One had helped me at Wondercon I don't know how long they have been with CBCS
Post 119 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattness
They were nice guys but it was just back and forth. One had helped me at Wondercon I don't know how long they have been with CBCS

What show?
Post 120 IP   flag post
Silicon Valley Comic Con, San Jose CA
Post 121 IP   flag post
I truly am in QC hell.

Where is that Dante Graphic?
Post 122 IP   flag post
Collector QuantumTunnelRat private msg quote post Address this user
I've got 66 books in QC now. Been there for two weeks. I don't expect them to come out of QC at least until next week though...since Heroes Con is taking many of the CBCS staff away from FL for a while.
Post 123 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattness
Silicon Valley Comic Con, San Jose CA

Ok, I talked to the guys who were at that show.
Thanks!
Post 124 IP   flag post
I think I know what the issue is, all the new hires for QC thought they were applying for Quantum Cryptography.
Post 125 IP   flag post

Post 126 IP   flag post
Still in QC? Yep! Still in QC....

Post 127 IP   flag post
Everyone is in Charlotte. I told you guys this already.
But you keep hitting F5. lol
Post 128 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorneArt
I truly am in QC hell.

Where is that Dante Graphic?

Technically it's Purgatory

Post 129 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Everyone is in Charlotte. I told you guys this already.
But you keep hitting F5. lol

I don't know about anyone else - but I certainly wasn't left with the impression that every employee of CBCS was in Charlotte, based on your post.

Good to know.
Post 130 IP   flag post
600902 273 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?