Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

CBCS Turnaround 5/30/20172991

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
We currently have a large backlog in slab/QC. We expect things to start moving through much quicker next week once everyone gets back from On-Site at Heroes Con.

Everything will ship out in order of when it was received.

Steve posted this 14 days ago. That is an update to what's going on. That is not over a month ago. Is your "no update" gripe about the flashy PhotoShop TAT graphic not being updated?
Post 226 IP   flag post
Collector Bloodlikefire private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego I didn't know you worked for CBCS. Can you define "a large backlog in slab/QC" Also "When will things start moving through much quicker", since everyone should be back from hero's con for over a week, and per your "god" Steve he never left.
Post 227 IP   flag post
@Bloodlikefire I'm not going to define anything for you...you can read what Steve has written over the past two weeks with your own eyes...just like I have.
Post 228 IP   flag post
@DarthLego well I have read everything he has posted including making jokes on the board during business hours. I guess Steve has time for jokes but No answers on this thread in over 2 weeks.
Post 229 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@Bloodlikefire No reason to get upset or angry about it. It's not going to change the speed at which you receive your books back. If you are unhappy with the turnaround, consider another company for future submissions.
Post 230 IP   flag post

Collector 99issues private msg quote post Address this user
Update for customer info only..
My invoice is from 4/17.2017.
I sent in 43 books mixed expanded, modern, and sig verification.
I did rapid on my ASM #1 and got it back in about 10 days.
I did fast pass on my ASM 300 and 129 and got them back in about 4 weeks.
The rest are on the regular wait time. Still sitting in receiving waiting to be graded.

In the meantime, I sent a reholder to CGC and it took 7 days.

Hope this info helps.
Post 231 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
A reholder isn't supposed to take long. It's a quick in and out. Like nerd sex.
Post 232 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
@Bloodlikefire No reason to get upset or angry about it. It's not going to change the speed at which you receive your books back. If you are unhappy with the turnaround, consider another company for future submissions.
edited for clarity see below.
Post 233 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
I disagree. I think Steve and CBCS need to know that they have a problem. If customers didn't complain about the rivet label how would CBCS know that they have a problem. It's only through active complaining that CBCS can improve.
Post 234 IP   flag post
I would call it Constructive Criticism. Complaining sounds like an unhappy domestic life partner.
Post 235 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I would call it Constructive Criticism. Complaining sounds like an unhappy domestic life partner.
Semantics. They need to improve their TAT. You can do that by limiting submission (which I don't recommend) or hiring more staff to deal with the overflow. Start with hiring during convention season, and increase to full time once demand increases, which it will once TAT improves. I am holding onto several books which I want graded in till after this backlog is resolved.
Post 236 IP   flag post
FWIW, I never said not to complain. I was just pointing out we got updated on the situation 14 days ago, not a month. Now that is straight, complain away.
Post 237 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodlikefire
Quote:
Semantics. They need to improve their TAT. You can do that by limiting submission (which I don't recommend) or hiring more staff to deal with the overflow. Start with hiring during convention season, and increase to full time once demand increases, which it will once TAT improves. I am holding onto several books which I want graded in till after this backlog is resolved.

The problem is that they can't just hire someone. It isn't your typical walk on and go type job. They have to have someone with a specific skill set that is willing to work for what CBCS is willing to pay. Then, those newly acquired employees still have to be trained. And who has the time to do that? One of the employees who is already up to his eyeballs in books that need grading. So, to be doubly cliche, it's a double edged sword in a no win situation.
Post 238 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The problem is that they can't just hire someone. It isn't your typical walk on and go type job. They have to have someone with a specific skill set that is willing to work for what CBCS is willing to pay. Then, those newly acquired employees still have to be trained. And who has the time to do that? One of the employees who is already up to his eyeballs in books that need grading. So, to be doubly cliche, it's a double edged sword in a no win situation.
The journey of 2000 miles begins with 1 step.
Post 239 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
As of this morning we are grading April 21st on Consumer and Expanded, and April 26th on Modern.
I still can't give an estimate on shipping, which is why I've not updated it.

I think we will be straightened out enough to do a full update next week.
Post 240 IP   flag post
Collector 99issues private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
As of this morning we are grading April 21st on Consumer and Expanded, and April 26th on Modern.

Thank you.
Post 241 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I can understand that it takes time and effort to train/develop new graders. However, the bottleneck appears to be with QC and shipping. It should be a lot easier to fill those positions, especially shipping. There's already custom boxes and a method. And there should be plenty of people with prior packaging and shipping experience. QC might be a little more difficult to fill, because you need people who pay attention to details. Any unemployed proof-readers or editors in Florida?
Post 242 IP   flag post
Quote:

And just like that, we have an update. Something from the top. All I was asking for at first.
Post 243 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Just when it looks like we're gonna move past the Heroes Con back up, the San Diego Comic Connpocalypse approaches
Post 244 IP   flag post
Skip it CBCS! Let Trinity Comics do all the leg work! Lol
Post 245 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I can understand that it takes time and effort to train/develop new graders. However, the bottleneck appears to be with QC and shipping. It should be a lot easier to fill those positions, especially shipping. There's already custom boxes and a method. And there should be plenty of people with prior packaging and shipping experience. QC might be a little more difficult to fill, because you need people who pay attention to details. Any unemployed proof-readers or editors in Florida?

Well, not exactly. They have to have some knowledge of what is supposed to be on the label in order to recognize something that isn't supposed to be there or something that is missing.
Post 246 IP   flag post
Collector thpike private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
If you mailed a submission and the package was received by us on May 25th, it should be in the system by now.
Give customer service a call. 727-803-6822

@SteveRicketts I sent another follow up email today, so I can keep track of the messages, as I still have yet to receive any notification that my submission was received. I only have the tracking number showing that it was delivered to an individual. I did request a pressing but I would assume it would be marked as received before it went there, since I had to write that in on the invoice. Figured I would follow up here as well. Thanks!
Post 247 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Well, I shipped my order. I figured I might as well get in line.
Post 248 IP   flag post
I just mailed off a package to Trinity, so I won't be able to F5 these.
Post 249 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well, not exactly. They have to have some knowledge of what is supposed to be on the label in order to recognize something that isn't supposed to be there or something that is missing.

To those that have been watching/using grading companies for a long time, it is obvious the real bottleneck is encapsulation. Both grading companies now list the step as "QC" but in fact that QC step includes encapsulation.

I doubt it's as simple as hiring more staff for encapsulation, unless it's to staff a second shift. The equipment is no doubt a major limiting factor
Post 250 IP   flag post
Graded books have always been a waiting game. I doubt that will ever change unless there is a collapse in the graded book market altogether.
Post 251 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
I discovered that customer service received my emails and acted on the problems, just talked to Kim and she knew my issues before I finished listing them off. They didn't email me back. So have hope if you didn't get a response.
Post 252 IP   flag post
23 hours without any complaints...
Post 253 IP   flag post
Collector mumptastic private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego I have a few things I would like to complain about... it's not comic related, but that's for another forum.
Post 254 IP   flag post
Collector thpike private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego I never really complained... I was just happy to know my comic wasn't lost lol
Post 255 IP   flag post
600826 273 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?