Growing trend of window bag signing comics2989

Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Were did everyone go today?
Post 76 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I think everyone wore themselves out yesterday .... lol
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector Sirtoddington private msg quote post Address this user
OK.... so I may have missed it in the couple day non stop thread here, but is there any word on these UltraPro window bags? I mean.... they are an already built thing... so what create would get butthurt about signing books in these??

clickable text
Post 78 IP   flag post
well the image didn't show up but these...

Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
I had a CBCS witness this past weekend wanting to know how I did this (other books, not this one specifially).

Both sides are boarded, I have my information for the grader, I have the book name, volume, #, variant, etc on the board as well so as I pass them to the grader, he knows what to write down on his sheet, which makes it easier for them, also if they get lost, they know whose it belongs too.

Link on my technique, is at https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/2637/page/1/fyi-prepping-books-for-signatures/#1

Anyways, Jake Fleming was there, and he showed us the ULTRAPRO BAG and we (both, other witness and I) were both like.. WHOA.. nice..
Post 80 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
UltraPro should have done perforated blocks so you could customize the location of the window.
Post 81 IP   flag post
@Gabriel85301 that's a great way to do it. Do you ever write personal messages thanking the artist on the board?
Post 82 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I've been using the Ultra Pro Bags for a few shows now and I love them. The windows COULD be a little bigger but that's only really an issue if you're getting tons of sigs on one book (which i do from time to time) but they make pulling and storing books a lot easier and faster in lines.

Post 83 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
If the window is too big then the edges start wanting to lift up, warping corners and defeats the purpose.
Post 84 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I don't want them too big, just bigger
Post 85 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite well.... you could cut the hole bigger yourself. just stick a backing bored inside first then take an exacto knife & make the opening larger that way. just an idea.
Post 86 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I use a small rectangular cutting board from the kitchen
Post 87 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder if Jimenez would sign these?
It doesn't seem that way from his tweet.
Post 88 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user

I made about 100 of these or so. Its great to have extra at cons just in case a fellow collector is holding his book naked. Ehh......his naked book, not him being naked. Yikes. That will surely give Stan Lee a heart attack if sees a guy like that.
Post 89 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
@Gabriel85301 that's a great way to do it. Do you ever write personal messages thanking the artist on the board?

A majority of the time I have done this, I have got the signatures in person. I did write little letters with paragraphs telling them why certain books were important to me, or what not, something in the similar sense and thanking them.
Post 90 IP   flag post
Collector verbogyrater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

[quote]

I could care less about this guy. Here's a news flash, for every Jimenez there's a dime a dozen of the same cookie cutter style. None of his work sticks out like a "hey that's a Jim lee variant" or "That Frank Miller sketch looks bodacious". I'm sure you all can think of plenty examples of artists that fit this bill. Grow some balls man. You're no Barry Windsor-Smith - he had the balls to step away from it all.
Post 91 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbogyrater
Quote:

[quote]

I could care less about this guy. Here's a news flash, for every Jimenez there's a dime a dozen of the same cookie cutter style. None of his work sticks out like a "hey that's a Jim lee variant" or "That Frank Miller sketch looks bodacious". I'm sure you all can think of plenty examples of artists that fit this bill. Grow some balls man. You're no Barry Windsor-Smith - he had the balls to step away from it all.

Even though you don't like his style he has a fan following. In the Comic Link auction that just ended the X-MEN Liberators #1 Cover went for $ 2,908.00.
Post 92 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Quote:
Quote:

[quote]

Even though you don't like his style he has a fan following. In the Comic Link auction that just ended the X-MEN Liberators #1 Cover went for $ 2,908.00.

That doesn't mean anything to me. There are books that go unbelievable amounts more. He's a puss.
Post 93 IP   flag post
Quote:
He's a puss.

😂🤣😅🤗
Post 94 IP   flag post
Tell us how you really feel.
Post 95 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Quote:
Quote:

[quote]

That doesn't mean anything to me. There are books that go unbelievable amounts more. He's a puss.

Your posts convey a different message than what you are writing. People don't usually have an opinion nor take the time out of their day to express their feelings about someone they could care less about.
Post 96 IP   flag post
You addressed me;I replied, Tow.
Post 97 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Tell us how you really feel.
I already did.
Post 98 IP   flag post
Quote:
You addressed me;I replied, Tow.

You replied by writing that he didn't mean anything to you, again. Then you called an artist you don't care about a name. I was replying to that, Verb.
Post 99 IP   flag post
Yes, I did.
Post 100 IP   flag post
596798 100 25
This topic is archived. Start new topic?