Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Silver AgeGrading Help NeededQuestionsSigning Opportunities

Adding a missing page2879

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Is it considered restoration when a cbcs label silver age book comes back a 0.5 with "Missing page 36 does not affect story" and I place the missing page back in the book from another book that's completely identical in every way? Is this a grey area? Does that information have to be disclosed?

Thank you
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
As an amateur fixer, you might not see differences "trained professionals" may see. ie: Page may look different from rest of book.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I see your point, Robot Ted.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Is it considered restoration when a cbcs label silver age book comes back a 0.5 with "Missing page 36 does not affect story" and I place the missing page back in the book from another book that's completely identical in every way? Is this a grey area? Does that information have to be disclosed?

Thank you

Label will state "married". If its not attached to the staple, it will also say "page x detached/loose"

Marriage is not restoration according to cbcs at least.

It absolutely should be disclosed. You'd be hard pressed to find a perfect match though unless you trim it perfect, and then you get trimmed on the label. Friends dont let friends trim books 😁
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
This is an interesting subject.

What are the thoughts on a coverless comic "married" to another original cover (not a reproduction) with the original staples?
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Married books are more favorable than actual more invasive restoration.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:

Thank you

Label will state "married". If its not attached to the staple, it will also say "page x detached/loose"

Marriage is not restoration according to cbcs at least.

It absolutely should be disclosed. You'd be hard pressed to find a perfect match though unless you trim it perfect, and then you get trimmed on the label. Friends dont let friends trim books 😁

I was under the impression that staples get opened when books get married? Am I wrong?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
so, in theory, if a 9.8 book is married to the same 9.8 book (different copy) would it come back with a blue or green label...with an asterisk or not...and would it still be 9.8 (assuming no damages occurred during the marriage)?
Post 8 IP   flag post
CBCS doesn't have a green label. Married books get a blue label that say "married" above the grade and a notation describing what was married.
Post 9 IP   flag post
so do i have to put the pages back in with through the staples to gain married status or can i just slide the page in the book and turn it back in again to get the complete, married status? I know it'd probably state "page 36 detached" I'm sure of it right? @SteveRicketts?
Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
I was under the impression that staples get opened when books get married? Am I wrong?

Either way works. Leave it loose or attach it to the staple. I did a GA Supes 11 centerfold, left it loose. CBCS gave me standard blue with "married 24-26" and "centerfold detached"
Post 11 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke That Stan Lee Surfer 4 got you thinking?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKyle
@kaptainmyke That Stan Lee Surfer 4 got you thinking?

Right, I obtained a heavily damaged SS4 at a good price and the page I need is flawless.

Post 13 IP   flag post
I successfully removed the page I need with no visible damage to the staple holes either

Post 14 IP   flag post
I want to save this book because it's one of Stan Lee's good signatures, and right on the board, too. Here is the book in question:

Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
I successfully removed the page I need with no visible damage to the staple holes either

There has to be someone on here who knows where to get that attached professionally.
Post 16 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.amazon.com/3M-Scotch-4-Inch-Scrapbooking-Tape/dp/B000XAOUVM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1495070303&sr=8-3
Post 17 IP   flag post
should I get the 6-pack to save money
Post 18 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user

Post 19 IP   flag post
Ok. @SteveRicketts, that 6-pack meme literally made me LOL.
Post 20 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts Facts: Steve could press that guy a six pack.
Post 21 IP   flag post
596794 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?