Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Silver AgeGrading Help NeededQuestionsSigning Opportunities

Adding a missing page2879

COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Is it considered restoration when a cbcs label silver age book comes back a 0.5 with "Missing page 36 does not affect story" and I place the missing page back in the book from another book that's completely identical in every way? Is this a grey area? Does that information have to be disclosed?

Thank you
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
As an amateur fixer, you might not see differences "trained professionals" may see. ie: Page may look different from rest of book.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
I see your point, Robot Ted.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Is it considered restoration when a cbcs label silver age book comes back a 0.5 with "Missing page 36 does not affect story" and I place the missing page back in the book from another book that's completely identical in every way? Is this a grey area? Does that information have to be disclosed?

Thank you

Label will state "married". If its not attached to the staple, it will also say "page x detached/loose"

Marriage is not restoration according to cbcs at least.

It absolutely should be disclosed. You'd be hard pressed to find a perfect match though unless you trim it perfect, and then you get trimmed on the label. Friends dont let friends trim books 😁
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
This is an interesting subject.

What are the thoughts on a coverless comic "married" to another original cover (not a reproduction) with the original staples?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
#GLOM DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Married books are more favorable than actual more invasive restoration.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:

Thank you

Label will state "married". If its not attached to the staple, it will also say "page x detached/loose"

Marriage is not restoration according to cbcs at least.

It absolutely should be disclosed. You'd be hard pressed to find a perfect match though unless you trim it perfect, and then you get trimmed on the label. Friends dont let friends trim books 😁

I was under the impression that staples get opened when books get married? Am I wrong?
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
so, in theory, if a 9.8 book is married to the same 9.8 book (different copy) would it come back with a blue or green label...with an asterisk or not...and would it still be 9.8 (assuming no damages occurred during the marriage)?
Post 8 • IP   flag post
CBCS doesn't have a green label. Married books get a blue label that say "married" above the grade and a notation describing what was married.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
so do i have to put the pages back in with through the staples to gain married status or can i just slide the page in the book and turn it back in again to get the complete, married status? I know it'd probably state "page 36 detached" I'm sure of it right? @SteveRicketts?
Post 10 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
I was under the impression that staples get opened when books get married? Am I wrong?

Either way works. Leave it loose or attach it to the staple. I did a GA Supes 11 centerfold, left it loose. CBCS gave me standard blue with "married 24-26" and "centerfold detached"
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Longbox Legend JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke That Stan Lee Surfer 4 got you thinking?
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKyle
@kaptainmyke That Stan Lee Surfer 4 got you thinking?

Right, I obtained a heavily damaged SS4 at a good price and the page I need is flawless.

Post 13 • IP   flag post
I successfully removed the page I need with no visible damage to the staple holes either

Post 14 • IP   flag post
I want to save this book because it's one of Stan Lee's good signatures, and right on the board, too. Here is the book in question:

Post 15 • IP   flag post
Quote:
I successfully removed the page I need with no visible damage to the staple holes either

There has to be someone on here who knows where to get that attached professionally.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.amazon.com/3M-Scotch-4-Inch-Scrapbooking-Tape/dp/B000XAOUVM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1495070303&sr=8-3
Post 17 • IP   flag post
should I get the 6-pack to save money
Post 18 • IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user

Post 19 • IP   flag post
Ok. @SteveRicketts, that 6-pack meme literally made me LOL.
Post 20 • IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts Facts: Steve could press that guy a six pack.
Post 21 • IP   flag post
150610 21 21
destitute