Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Witnessed McFarlane Signing2877

Collector Grayspeedster private msg quote post Address this user
I've looked on the web and here and can't find anyone to send my books to get them signed by Todd?

I only have 1 or 2 for him to sign, but they are really important to me!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector SD2416 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
T.M. doesn't do very many signings. When he does do cons, from what I understand, he signs for free but doesn't allow witnessing. Any witnessed events are special private signings and I guess each one depends on the circumstances of which company is available to witness.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Sirtoddington private msg quote post Address this user
I'm pretty sure Trinity Comics can get them signed.
Post 4 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
I have gone through Desert Wind Comics for all of my Todd's sigs.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Drbearsec private msg quote post Address this user
I think TOdd does two witnessed signings each year and does the free con signings strictly for Fans for PC. I'll see if I can find info on who is doing this years signing.

For Frank, ComicSketchart.com is the company handling his signatures. You can send in to have him sign.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Just do verified signature. I'm getting hin to sign my stuff that way at amazing con.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayspeedster
I've looked on the web and here and can't find anyone to send my books to get them signed by Todd?

I only have 1 or 2 for him to sign, but they are really important to me!

bryants-comics, an eBay seller, I believe is run by Todd's signing manager. He sells yellow labeled books that Todd has signed. Sometimes you can get a pretty good deal on them. I don't think he takes any books to be sent into him.
Post 8 IP   flag post
sales8uwg on eBay is a shop that does private signings with Todd, they have a ton of raw books signed and the prices are reasonable.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Thanks everyone! I should have stated I know Todd only does witnessed signatures at private signings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtoddington
I'm pretty sure Trinity Comics can get them signed.

I've heard the opposite and that Trinity is not doing private signings with Todd, despite working with so many other creators. I may be wrong, but I read that on here in a post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
I have gone through Desert Wind Comics for all of my Todd's sigs.

Thanks I will reach out to them!
Post 10 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I've heard the opposite and that Trinity is not doing private signings with Todd, despite working with so many other creators. I may be wrong, but I read that on here in a post.

He prefers to work with CBCS so McFarlane, or say magazine size comics, he has to use CGC, which is fine, but not common for him. He'll do it for you but he takes mail-ins since he can only see him twice a year - like everyone else does. All others who posted are correct in saying Todd does free signings year round at cons, so the private signings are for the facilitators and graders.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:

He prefers to work with CBCS so McFarlane, or say magazine size comics, he has to use CGC, which is fine, but not common for him. He'll do it for you but he takes mail-ins since he can only see him twice a year - like everyone else does. All others who posted are correct in saying Todd does free signings year round at cons, so the private signings are for the facilitators and graders.

Thanks for the input brah! Desert Wind Comics got right back to me and they are $110 for the 1st book and $92 for each additional upto 25. But they only work with CGC? How lame!

I don't like Trinity website but I'm not buying stock in them so as long as they are nice and prices similar, I'm going with them because I want my book graded by CBCS!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Sirtoddington private msg quote post Address this user
@Grayspeedster What??? They got 4 books of mine signed for me last year & they were CBCS graded. Are they no longer doing business with CBCS??
Post 13 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Trinity still has to use cgc too. But, you can always send them to cbcs afterwards.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Other than brand loyalty, why would you send to another grader and risk cracking and getting an inferior grade?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbearsec
Other than brand loyalty, why would you send to another grader and risk cracking and getting an inferior grade?

Newton Rings
Post 16 IP   flag post
BTW, a lower grade does not always mean "inferior" grade, especially when one company grades tightly as compared to the other.
Post 17 IP   flag post
And Free Grader Notes is a plus too. If you get a CGC through a facilitator the grade notes are forever locked behind a paywall for you and any future owners. Notes on any CBCS book can be looked at by anyone at anytime for free.
Post 18 IP   flag post
The way the current market is a 9.6 with CBCS is valued less than a 9.8 with CGC on most platforms. That's not a knock on CBCS, its just current fact. NOW that can and most likely will change... Even if the difference is around 5% for a same graded comic, the difference in fees can make up for that.

But the market currently views a 9.8 better than a 9.6 regardless of who grades it of the major 2 companies.

The notes are a great point... I'd still be vary leery of risking the grade though. For a signature... sure. Personal collection maybe. For speculation... too risky to me personally.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbearsec
The way the current market is a 9.6 with CBCS is valued less than a 9.8 with CGC on most platforms. That's not a knock on CBCS, its just current fact. NOW that can and most likely will change... Even if the difference is around 5% for a same graded comic, the difference in fees can make up for that.

But the market currently views a 9.8 better than a 9.6 regardless of who grades it of the major 2 companies.

The notes are a great point... I'd still be vary leery of risking the grade though. For a signature... sure. Personal collection maybe. For speculation... too risky to me personally.

It's sound like you start off saying CGC sells for more compared to CBCS then you switch it up and it sounds like your saying a 9.8 sells for more then a 9.6! Well yeah it would it's a 9.8 over a 9.6. I fail to see any points made lol. Not a problem, just an observation
Post 20 IP   flag post
Grayspeedster = DarthLogic said "BTW, a lower grade does not always mean "inferior" grade, especially when one company grades tightly as compared to the other." I was referring to that when saying in the current market a CGC has a higher value than a CBCS. I was taking his post to say that if CBCS had a lower grade than a CGC it was ok cause they graded tighter... I was disagreeing with that.

The conversation was WHY would one crack a CGC 9.8 and risk it being graded lower by resubmitting it to CBCS (and the opposite... why would I crack a 9.8 CBCS to get it graded by CGC). He had made the point about lower not meaning inferior based on one company being a tighter grader... which is why I responded saying the higher grade would be worth more and that the tightness in grading wasn't going to make a difference.

Hopefully that clarifies.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Sometimes having the highest grade possible is not the foremost in a collectors mind. That won't be the case for a flipper. If your only concern is how much you can sell it for tomorrow, there's zero reason to transfer it to different slab, you just sell. If however you plan on holding a book 20, 30 years, you can have many valid reasons for changing to a slab that satisfies your collection regardless of possible grade changes.
Post 22 IP   flag post
DarthLego - That's a fair point. I guess though i look at it from the view that at some point SOMEONE is gonna sell it.... kids, etc. So don't want the risk even with my PC.

Like I got a Frank Miller Blank Variant Sketch at C2E2 with the platinum package. That won't leave my collection but if it comes back a 9.8 or higher, I don't think I'd want to risk potential damage unless I cracked it to get signatures from the rest of the team.
Post 23 IP   flag post
It all depends on personal preferences. I personally am having all CGC slabs I buy (and I only buy CGC when it's the only option to get what I want) sent to CBCS for regrading because I prefer their current slabs over others. I do like the new new new CGC slabs (post #CreepEngine, post #Frankenslab) but they still have a horrible issue with Newton Rings going on that just detracts from the books appearance.
Post 24 IP   flag post
I thought they were replacing the Newton RIng ones?
Post 25 IP   flag post
They keep saying they fixed the problem, reality keeps proving otherwise. Every new CGC slab that has come through my hands has had them bad. Right now I have a Predator #1 and it looks like he has Lenticular Camouflage.
Post 26 IP   flag post
600648 26 26
This topic is archived. Start new topic?