Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsQuestions

Comic con question.2855

Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
I might be heading to phoenix comic con in a couple weeks. The first one I went to a couple of years ago was a blast. But I am a lazy sort of fellow and carrying plastic bags of comics for several hours was a pain in the arse. What is the most comfortable method to carry comics around. Won't backpacks have a chance of damaging the comic books?

Also will CBCS be there for slab submissions? If I submitted 5 to 10 comic books would the be mailed back separately or all in one package?
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
When I went to Cincy Comic Expo last year I took a messenger bag. I had my books for signing in top loaders, and brought a small box to fit the raw books I was picking up.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Jlh9776 private msg quote post Address this user
I've always used a backpack or messenger bag with a few of these inside to protect the books.
http://www.bcwsupplies.com/cat/comic-book-storage/comic-box/specialty-comic-boxes/comic-book-stor-folio-1-5-inch
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
I use BCW Stor-folios, hold about 15 comics each so I usually take a few.

Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Savage_Spawn If it's a significant amount of books, a lot of people use small hand carts to bring along a short box.

It does look like CBCS will be there. If you submit all the books as one order then yes tou will get them back together but they will move at the speed of the slowest turn-around of the books you submit.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Nice! That might be the ticket as I'll probably take less than 10 comics in. This is supposed to be a higher quality hunt so I should end up with less than 50 books bought. Otoh knowing my tendencies there's always a chance at 100+ comic books....😎
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Savage_Spawn If it's a significant number of books, I've seen people use a small hand cart to bring along a short box.

And yes, it looks like CBCS will be at the show. If you submit the books all as one order then yes you will get them all back at the same time but they will move at the speed of the slowest thrn-around time of the books you submit.
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah I also had my toploaders in a magazine size BCW storfolio, forgot about that.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@Savage_Spawn If it's a significant number of books, I've seen people use a small hand cart to bring along a short box.

And yes, it looks like CBCS will be at the show. If you submit the books all as one order then yes you will get them all back at the same time but they will move at the speed of the slowest thrn-around time of the books you submit.

The hand cart idea is one I was considering as the walk will be insane long when you consider the parking problems. Turn around times not so big a deal, just like things to arrive in the least amount of packages. Thanks!!!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
I use the BCW folios in a messenger bag. I can fit 3 folios so I can carry about 45 bagged and boarded books or about 60 without bags & boards. I still have a little room in the bag for items like pens, papers, and a 2 or 3 slabbed books
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
Do what I do, strap a long box to a dolly! I know it's super nerdy but who cares! I've also seen people use carry on luggage so carry their books around.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Dick_Pontoon private msg quote post Address this user

Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
Ditto the messenger bag, also easy if security wants to check bag going in. If you are going on several days, make a plan of action to make sure you have the comics you need on a specific day. Don't try to take them all at once. And leave space in the bag for goodies and art that you see on the sales floor.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniofett
Do what I do, strap a long box to a dolly! I know it's super nerdy but who cares! I've also seen people use carry on luggage so carry their books around.

I have the "nerd" aspect of this well covered, so it is not an issue!! Some great suggestions guys. I still have more than a week to plot my plan of attack, but you all have provided some great options, thanks a lot!!!
Post 14 IP   flag post
598100 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?