CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

CBCS Turnaround 5/15/20172854

CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
#CBCScomics #turnaroundupdate

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Any updates on when a TAT chart for pressing will be ready? Or when pressing will become a shopping cart item?

#soon
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
I've learned that being assigned to "QC" is worse than a trip to the DMV.

Post 3 IP   flag post
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
Submission # 17-147783E-MD.

I emailed last Monday and was told my books were in slab and awaiting QC before being shipped. Today I received an email saying my books were in the process of being graded. Can you tell me which stage my books are actually in?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Wow, your invoice is like Barry Allen, moving so fast it's going back in time.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Wow, your invoice is like Barry Allen, moving so fast it's going back in time.

At this rate they come back as little saplings.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloGraham
I emailed last Monday and was told my books were in slab and awaiting QC before being shipped. Today I received an email saying my books were in the process of being graded. Can you tell me which stage my books are actually in?

There was a typo on one of your labels that was caught in QC. We have to push the status of the order back to Grading to fix typos. Your books are still in slab.
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts I kind of wish the grader's notes would be released before the books are shipped. I've caught several label issues from looking at the grader's notes that, if they could've been reported to be fixed before leaving CBCS, would've saved the time and hassle of having to go through the return process.
Post 9 IP   flag post
We may make that change at some point.

The issue with grades posting before they ship is people immediately call us because they want us to look at their books again. Those grades can't possibly be correct.

It got to the point that it was consuming a large part of our day. These things ultimately reflect on turnaround times. The more time we spend putting out fires, the slower books go through the system.

Even if we do allow the customer to see the label comments, I don't think we'll ever go back to allowing the grades to be seen until they ship.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Even if we do allow the customer to see the label comments, I don't think we'll ever go back to allowing the grades to be seen until they ship.

Sounds like a fair compromise.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

There was a typo on one of your labels that was caught in QC. We have to push the status of the order back to Grading to fix typos. Your books are still in slab.

Great, thanks Steve!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Oh man! My big order is about a week away from grading!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

So the same thing just happened to my order 17-0981273-MD. Went from QC back to grading. I am assuming/hoping this is a typo issue and nothing wrong with the book(s).
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector burntboy private msg quote post Address this user
I received My 31 SA books via fed Ex yesterday.

All told (drop off at Carbo's Con in NYC to delivery) was a mere 9 weeks 3 days. Arrival date at CBCS to Shipping just a hair over 8 weeks.

The individual boxes with 4 books per, the plastic sleeves for the cases and the extra sturdy shipping box can't be beat. The cases are really crystal clear (no BS).

Bravo!!!

Now if the grades were just a bit looser...
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
Quote:
Quote:

So the same thing just happened to my order 17-0981273-MD. Went from QC back to grading. I am assuming/hoping this is a typo issue and nothing wrong with the book(s).

Yes, that means they caught a typo.
What, do you guys just click the refresh button like crazy?
Post 16 IP   flag post
One tier of my order just went into grading but the other tier has the same turnaround time, but it has a couple of books getting verified sigs so hopefully the rest will enter grading soon!
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Uuum, yeah. What would you do?

But no, I got an email this morning telling me they were being sent to grading, so I just wanted to check. Thanks!
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Uuum, yeah. What would you do?

But no, I got an email this morning telling me they were being sent to grading, so I just wanted to check. Thanks!

I used to submit books to CGC. I know that refresh button frenzy. I know it well.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:

I used to submit books to CGC. I know that refresh button frenzy. I know it well.

Why did you stop?
Post 20 IP   flag post
w00t! The Moderns are in grading!

Now the real wait begins!
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user
Hi guys. While we were on this topic just thought I'd jump in and introduce myself. I am pretty much new to the forum and recently made the decision to start slabbing my personal collection. Needless to say I chose CBCS for my first ever submissions and I'm super excited about it. I'm awaiting 10 books and just saw that they are in the QC stage. I will try to post the results or maybe even do the CBCS Box video thing when they arrive. I look forward to reading all your posts and happy collecting!
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
Can you tell me anything about my order? I called a month ago because the invoice has 12 comics submitted when I only submitted 9. Also I haven't gotten a confirmation email saying they were received and I haven't been charged yet. My order is 17-159E37E.
Post 23 IP   flag post
@bige31 You'll have to contact Customer Service at customerservice@cbcscomics.com or 727-803-6822.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks man!
Post 25 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts will CBCS be attending Niagara Falls Comicon this year?
Post 26 IP   flag post
I keep refreshing but my books haven't magically appeared at my house T___T
Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Stu private msg quote post Address this user
Where are we with the pressing stage time line? On the original listing graphic it reflected a 3-4 week turnaround - is this true? When I called to have my books pulled and added to pressing, I was informed that it would only prolong the process by two weeks. Books were submitted at the Long Beach Comic Expo back in Feb and we are only a few days away from June. I'm cool with waiting for a solid product, but some simple communication would be greatly appreciated vs. me e-mailing and calling for updates. Please update and include pressing timeline to turnaround notification on the home website.
Post 28 IP   flag post

Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite

Mine got sent back to grading from QC and have been sitting there for a few days now. This is becoming my reaction when I check my account:

Post 30 IP   flag post
598059 38 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?