Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature VSPGrading Help NeededQuestionsSignatures

Encapsulate If Fail - CBCS Signature VSP2850

Collector flikhype private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry if I missed it if answer to this has been posted. I tried searching with the search and advanced search but with no relevant result.

My question is simple:

When we choose for signature verification, there is a tick box by the side that allows us to choose if we are to proceed with encapsulating the book should the verification fails to authenticate the signature/s.
Does this mean that we will also NOT be charged for the encapsulating process which we have been billed?

Please advise.

Thank you.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
If the verification fails and you uncheck the "Encapsulate if failed" box then I believe you are still charged the Verification fee but you will not be charged the grading fee. You may be assessed a small rejection fee and of course the return shipping.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite Is there anywhere on the site which you know that I can make a verification on that? besides writing in of course... Cos I am refraining from doing so...cos I have just too many questions... :p
I remember coming by that part in Help, but that's for restoration. Not sure if it applies for failed authentication too.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Just call customer service.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Oxbladder International call for me. Not a cost effective option for me...
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I would imagine the encapsulation fee would be refunded.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flikhype

E-mail them.

In my experience of having books sent back after they fail, you pay return shipping and the verification fees for signatures. You might pay a small processing fee, but it is so small I forgot if this happens or not.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylinguini
Quote:

E-mail them.

In my experience of having books sent back after they fail, you pay return shipping and the verification fees for signatures. You might pay a small processing fee, but it is so small I forgot if this happens or not.

ALSO

They have a toll free number. I use that.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

E-mail them.

ALSO

They have a toll free number. I use that.

Does it apply internationally? I just tried emailing and reply was rather prompt. I think I will just take a day to consolidate all my questions and send it one shot.

Thanks lots.
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
My experience with CBCS they have always answered email quickly.
Post 10 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
When we choose for signature verification, there is a tick box by the side that allows us to choose if we are to proceed with encapsulating the book should the verification fails to authenticate the signature/s.
Does this mean that we will also NOT be charged for the encapsulating process which we have been billed?

Please advise.

Thank you.

Yes, you will not be charged for grading and encapsulation if the signature doesn't pass authentication. You only pay the fee to have the signature authenticated and shipping back to you.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:

Please advise.

Thank you.

Yes, you will not be charged for grading and encapsulation if the signature doesn't pass authentication. You only pay the fee to have the signature authenticated and shipping back to you.

Thanks Steve.
Post 12 IP   flag post
597889 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?