Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeSignaturesSigning Opportunities

Jim Starlin refuses to work with CGC2834

COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Battle lines are being drawn and the plot thickens ...
Post 1 IP   flag post
I like how he spelled Guaranty lol
Post 2 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
It's about time someone in the industry says it as it is. Bravo Starlin. If you can't decipher a genuine autograph in this industry then wth... get a clue. Ain't that hard. This is not George Washington or Lincoln
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
I've always liked Starlin.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
so what about others who show him window bags for yellow CBCS labels? it's the same thing, right? I have like 4 books in the pipeline he's supposed to sign lol
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
I don't get it.

Is this a stand against CGC, or is it against Authorized Witnessed Signings?
Post 6 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
i know right? i'm confused too. it seems he's more against the yellow label program specifically
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
I think it could he the difference in price....CBCS only charged $5.00 + any other services.

I do like how this changes the context of autographs.

But....I shall like the extra nudge to know I have an accurate signature.

I wonder if I have anything Starlin....*dream bubble appears*....

:o)
Post 8 IP   flag post
I believe it's yellow... all yellow. And I agree with him
Post 9 IP   flag post
It does sound like he is against sig verification in general however he did only call out one company
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
yeah....I don't get it. Need to flood him with requests for clarification...on the surface it makes no sense.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Hate to sound like an asshole but maybe in his mind CBCS isn't big enough, yet, to warrant a mention in his stance.
Post 12 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Why would anyone be against certification or verification or witnessing in general? Lord knows there are enough scumbag con artists on this planet that such things are seen as valuable tools by the collecting community.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Brian private msg quote post Address this user
He said specifically he signed those books and later in the day a cgc witness came by (who did not witness the signing) came and asked him if he had signed the books so he can now say they were witnessed books.
Post 14 IP   flag post
He probably gets upset seeing people pay hundreds for that which he gives out for free.
Post 15 IP   flag post

Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
Starlin is talking about Graded books and doesn't realize CBCS exists.

Wait until he sees the blue shirts.

This isn't a stand against CGC, Its a stand against both CGC, CBCS, PGX and whoever else encapsulates.
Post 17 IP   flag post

Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylinguini
Starlin is talking about Graded books and doesn't realize CBCS exists.

Wait until he sees the blue shirts.

This isn't a stand against CGC, Its a stand against both CGC, CBCS, PGX and whoever else encapsulates.

You worded it much better than I.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics

Sounds to me these books are not technically certified...witness is/was either sleezy, incompetent or something came up that prevented the witnessing. I'm not sure if there were words exchanged between Jim and the witness, but I don't think Jim understands how the process works and that this individual, although representing cgc, may be just one bad apple...unless the individual came directly from the cgc table. Need more details.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

You just became my favorite person.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Someone asked for more info - this is what Jim Starlin has shared on his facebook page. This is strictly between him and CGC, or whoever was acting as a witness for CGC.

Post 22 IP   flag post
Wow. I'm speechless.
Post 23 IP   flag post
I'm the last person to ever defend CGC...BUT...Why would it be the responsibility of the CGC witness to make sure the owner of the books paid the correct amount? This is on the person who owned those books and then took off without settling up, not on CGC.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego Move along, this is not the thread you're looking for.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Yeah, I'm looking for the thread where humans actually use logical thought in these situations instead of emotions. The situation Starlin described there put no culpability onto CGC. It was the owner of the books who was at fault for not paying.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Yeah, I'm looking for the thread where humans actually use logical thought in these situations instead of emotions. The situation Starlin described there put no culpability onto CGC. It was the owner of the books who was at fault for not paying.

The witness was there and saw the agreement being made and he was there when the guy left without paying. He and CGC know whose books they are. I don't know what the agreed upon amount was, but for 3-4 books I'm sure it wasn't that much. I'm not saying CGC was legally obligated to cough up the dough, but if I was working that booth I would've paid him out of my own pocket to make the guy happy.

Seems better than driving the guy to make this decision.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector BLBcomics private msg quote post Address this user
There is much more to the tale which led to Jim posting on Facebook what he has so far.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I don't think any individual should be held responsible for the actions of another. I also find the suggestion that someone who is not at fault should just pay up for the fault of another, just to avoid someone having their feelings hurt and causing a controversy disturbing.
Post 29 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
I've always paid CGC or CBCS directly for signatures that are witnessed before getting items signed. When it's just them at their booth I've paid the artist directly but for books that are getting witnessed then slabbed I've always had to pay the company first
Post 30 IP   flag post
596795 264 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?