Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver AgePop Culture

WHATS HOT!?283

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
but I do admit the internet backlash that caused the eventual theatrical movie for Firefly. Way cool. I wished I had that kinda freakin' closure to SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES damnit.
Post 101 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
but I do admit the internet backlash that caused the eventual theatrical movie for Firefly. Way cool. I wished I had that kinda freakin' closure to SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES damnit.

You and me both bro.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector Revelations private msg quote post Address this user
Speaking of Firefly, anyone read the comics? Dark horse has a new ff series coming soon.
Post 103 IP   flag post
@Revelations I haven't read any yet, but I put the new one coming out on my pull list.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector John1122 private msg quote post Address this user
ASM 265 is flying up the charts. Black cover makes it a little tougher in very high grade. It's went from 10 to 25 to near 40 at the last 3 shows I've attended in the past few months. Fortunately I got 4 of them a few months ago for 10 bucks each in pretty high grade. Same dealer had 20 on his 6.0 copy last weekend, up from 5 a few months ago.

Couple of Black Panther issues from the '98 series had some movement lately. #1 with the first Zuri was going for 15 bucks, up from 5 a month or so ago. #4 with the first White Wolf is getting into double figures too.

Thor 165, as mentioned earlier is still rising. All early Him/Her/Warlock stuff is doing the same. That Hulk Annual 6 is not easy to find in the wild in any kind of grade at all. A whole lot of them spent a lot of time in 25 or 50 cent boxes.

Alias 1 is still pretty darn hot. Bought a NM+ #1 for 10 bucks a year ago. Saw one NM+ copy last weekend and it was 135.

Had several dealers tell me that older X-men stuff just wasn't moving like it used to any more.

Finally found an A-Next 7 at a show and happily paid 20 dollars for it in 9.4+. It's not an easy find in the wild. I'd been to half a dozen major conventions and comic stores in 4 states and hadn't seen one over the course of the last year.

Had another dealer tell me one of his most in-demand copper books was still Hulk 271, he sold a mid-grade copy for 120 dollars this past weekend and could have sold 4 or 5 more if he'd had them. Rocket-mania knows no bounds. His Star-Lord stuff wasn't doing as well.
Post 105 IP   flag post

Collector Scipio2000 private msg quote post Address this user
I have a beautiful copy of Marvel Premier #1. I think people should probably sell it before the Avengers Infinity wars comes out though (if they aren't attached to it).

I don't think Adam Warlock will be in the MCU. Everyone assumes he will be. But Vision might be filling his role.
Post 106 IP   flag post
Collector DONTSLEEP private msg quote post Address this user
I HAVE a few Marvel Premiere #1. One graded 9.0

I feel your concern about the future of Warlock, as marvel has let him fall by the wayside many times with very little support. However, I feel this time will be much different, esp with the movies. I feel Starlin will finally get his due. FYI Starlin is due to be a guest at the upcomming Baltimore Comic-con. Gonna try and get some books signed. CBCS will be there too. As for Warlock not showing up in these movies. I say nay lol. Gamora 1st app was with Warlock in Strange Tales. And then there is the matter of Starlords father being Ego the living planet 1st seen in Thor 132 i think. And then warlocks 1st app as Him in 165 of thor. I tell ya all this is related Warlock posseses 1 of the 6 soul gems.
Post 107 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/08/04/marvel-registers-trademarks-for-ivx-and-is-a-bullseye-series-on-the-cards/

In my opinion, this is a news story should be carefully paid attention. I actually have a copy of the awesome slapstick number one. I don't know why but I do. I speculate the iron fist is going to be huge as well due to Netflix

This whole inhumans versus xmen is going to be a big thing so I would invest in any inhumans comic books for sure.
Post 108 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Thor 132 (1st Ego) is getting some attention thanks to the GOTG2 rumor mill.
Post 109 IP   flag post
The 4th printing of DC Universe Rebirth #1 with a new cover by Ethan Van Sciver is heating up.

Post 110 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
That is an awesome cover.
Post 111 IP   flag post
Collector captnwilli private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONTSLEEP
I HAVE a few Marvel Premiere #1. One graded 9.0

I feel your concern about the future of Warlock, as marvel has let him fall by the wayside many times with very little support. However, I feel this time will be much different, esp with the movies. I feel Starlin will finally get his due. FYI Starlin is due to be a guest at the upcomming Baltimore Comic-con. Gonna try and get some books signed. CBCS will be there too. As for Warlock not showing up in these movies. I say nay lol. Gamora 1st app was with Warlock in Strange Tales. And then there is the matter of Starlords father being Ego the living planet 1st seen in Thor 132 i think. And then warlocks 1st app as Him in 165 of thor. I tell ya all this is related Warlock posseses 1 of the 6 soul gems.
Post 112 IP   flag post
Collector captnwilli private msg quote post Address this user
I totally get what you're saying. I've been sitting on many "Warlock" books for years! So many times there have been talk of Warlock fame, only to be suddenly ripped away. Very disappointing, over and over again! For crying out loud! When is marvel going to pull the theatrical trigger so we all see if this character can hold his own, or at least be self sustaining? Those "Warlock teasers"!
No rant, just sayin.
Post 113 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
The 4th printing of DC Universe Rebirth #1 with a new cover by Ethan Van Sciver is heating up.

I have been thinking about picking up a few of those. I love that cover.
Post 114 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathyus_42
I have been thinking about picking up a few of those. I love that cover.

I would grab them sooner rather than later.
Post 115 IP   flag post
597870 115 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?