Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPSignaturesSigning Opportunities

Adam Hughes' Megacon Announcement2801

Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Saw this announcement on Adam Hughes' Facebook page. Announcement

Summarized he is doing CGC exclusively from now on at shows for signatures and sketches.

When people asked him why he won't work with CBCS he blamed CBCS for dropping the ball (see comments).

Adam Hughes-Jay Harvey: "take it up with CBCS. I was the one offering to bring them in on this, and they are the ones that made the situation one that simply wasn't going to work. I realize I'm an easy target to take frustrations out on, as I sit here trying to be helpful to Adam's fans and I try and answer as many posts as possible. And I understand you aren't placing any blame on me, just conveying your unhappiness. But this mess up isn't mine; it's on CBCS. THEY ruined your chance to get witnessed sigs from Adam in Orlando when I just wanted to work with both of the witnessing and grading companies that were going to be at the show."

Thoughts?

More and more artists are looking for these types of agreements to streamline the signature series/witnessed signature process.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
It saddens me sometimes what this industry has become. In the end it's only the little guy that loses when shenanigans like this transpire. Who really knows who's at fault. Who really cares.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
In the comments Adam's rep said they would like to work with CBCS as long as CBCS agrees to the "details" The exclusive CGC agreement appears to be just for Mega Con
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector DarthKribs private msg quote post Address this user
It's the fans that get the shaft on this one. Wonder if CBCS is going to respond as Adam Hughes people say that it was CBCS fault as to why we can't get any Yellow Label slabs
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
This is what was in the comments.

Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Always, always, always, follow the money. I remember getting signatures from Stan Lee, Todd McFarlane, John Byrne and a couple of other creators, for free at the Mid-Ohio Con in the 80's. And I didn't get them for resale.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
The devil is always in the $details$ (did I spell that wrong?)
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
A.H. You know what happens when you dis CBCS?...

A.H.

Post 8 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
yeah i don't have anything for him to sign plus he always does the SAME left profile eyes closed sketch on everything. ugggh
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Details? It sounds like manipulation. I don't really want his signature or anything he draws. That makes things simple.
Post 10 IP   flag post
596798 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?