Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
MemorabiliaMovies TelevisionPop CultureSignatures

Amazon's Star Wars May the 4th Sale2760

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
So Amazon has a bunch of signed Star Wars memorabilia which includes some yellow label Star Wars books. Not just any yellow label books but yellow label cast-signed books featuring the elusive Harrison Ford! The prices are outrageous but I thought I'd post them here anyways:

Star Wars (2013) #1 - $6k

Star Wars Tales #11 - $6800

And a couple Lando books:

Star Wars Tales #5 - $400

Lando #1 - $360
Post 1 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Those prices are ridiculous but thanks for sharing.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Any word on the unbastardized versions of episodes 4-6 coming out?
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
George Lucas was never happy with the original cuts, I'm sure he made Disney promise to never release them in his lifetime.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector rtdcomics private msg quote post Address this user
i was chasing a Han Solo action figure variant with Ford's signature until I saw the cost on a signature website. Even that was $3000+ for just his signature alone. crazy crazy money
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Any word on the unbastardized versions of episodes 4-6 coming out?

The last I heard, the rumor is that a 4K restoration of the original cuts was well on the way.

Disney won't let that market lay bare. We'll get our original cuts. Specific dates are anyone's guess.

I'd assume after IX, they'll release a massive box set with all 9 movies. I wouldn't put it passed them to only initially release the original cuts in this set. Then, sometime later, release them individually.

But who knows? Maybe they'll have mercy on us after such a long wait & just release 4-6 unaltered in one set after episode IX.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtdcomics
i was chasing a Han Solo action figure variant with Ford's signature until I saw the cost on a signature website. Even that was $3000+ for just his signature alone. crazy crazy money
Harrison Ford and James Earl Jones are the last ones I need to complete my book

Post 7 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Harrison Ford is so elusive his price is justified, even moreso than Stan Lee or Frank Miller. The more elusive the star is, the bigger dollar signs commence.

Other notable celebrity signatures that are jacked up by market price due to rarity: (This is based on my experience alone)

Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez
Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn
Billy Zane
Crispin Glover
Danny Glover
Mel Gibson
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Peter Fonda
Wes Bentley
Samuel L Jackson and Tim Roth and Eric Stoltz
Meiko Kaji
Rob Reiner
Franco Nero
Bruce Willis
Christian Slater
Corey Feldman ( I finally got him! 5/1/2017 )
Peter Weller
Fred Williamson
Wes Craven (now impossible)
Jeff Bridges
Stallone
Jeanne Bell
Linda Hamilton
Tommy Lee Jones (almost had him)
Keanu Reeves
Patrick Swayze (now impossible)
James Brolin
Brandon Lee (now impossible)
Dwayne Johnson (now improbable, but have a Rock sig)
Robert Downey Jr
Jennifer Connelly
Bill Campbell
Bob Hoskins (now impossible)
Robert Deniro (improbable)
Bruce Campbell (finally got him in 2013)
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector rtdcomics private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke yeah i expected to pay a lot more for him, if i ever tracked him down, just didnt expect it to be that big a gap from the others.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Revelations private msg quote post Address this user
I would buy that first one if I had money. Carrie is dead. Harrison does not do autographs. None of the other cast members are doing cons much these days. It's an Alex Ross cover and 9.8 after all those signatures. Imo, it's worth quite a bit to a star wars collector.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Lunarshade private msg quote post Address this user
I have been collecting Star Wars autographs and I can tell you Harrison Ford and Alec Guiness are the hardest two to get and probably George Lucas himself now. Good Luck with all your searching and I hope all of you find what you want.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Thread has been cleared of all disruptive posts. Let's keep this on track or it will be locked permanently. If anyone starts up with any of the deleted posts or comments on them, there will be consequences. BTW - if a post gets deleted, it is NOT a good idea of reposting it as a screenshot!!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Here's the other signed collectibles on sale on Amazon. It's all a little overpriced; mostly signed photos but there are a few other random items. Mostly newer stuff but there's a few more Harrison Ford signatures to be had
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Wow all those Signed comics sold out.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Damn. I wonder if some rich guy just blew through there like an hour ago or something cuz they were all still there when I posted the link.

Either that or maybe they took them down to relist later
Post 15 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Well, the 4th is officially over by about an hour.
Post 16 IP   flag post
600758 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?